Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

THIS GUY HAS A POOPY BOOM BOOM

HE NOT WARSHING HE HOLES LOL

quote:

Three U.S. Marines were found dead inside a parked car at a gas station in a coastal North Carolina community over the weekend, authorities said.

The Pender County Sheriff's Office said deputies were responding to a report of a missing person when they found the three Marines at about 9 a.m. Sunday at a Speedway convenience store on U.S. 17 in Hampstead, about 30 miles south of Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune.

The men were unresponsive when they were found in a privately owned car and medical authorities pronounced all of them dead the same day.

Their causes of death weren't immediately clear. Sgt. Chester Ward of the Pender County Sheriff’s Office told the Associated Press that the department had received a missing person report for one of the three Marines.

No drugs were found in the vehicle and Ward said the department does not "suspect anything as far as foul play in that matter."

"There does not appear to have ever been any threat to members of the community," the sheriff's office said.

The sheriff's office said it was investigating further and is waiting on autopsy results to determine the causes of death.

The U.S. Marine Corps identified the three men as Marine Corps Lance Corporal Tanner J. Kaltenberg, 19, from Madison, Wisconsin; Marine Corps Lance Corporal Merax C. Dockery, 23, from Pottawatomie, Oklahoma; and Marine Corps Lance Corporal Ivan R. Garcia, 23, from Naples, Florida.

The men were motor vehicle operators with the Combat Logistics Battalion 2, Combat Logistics Regiment 2 and 2nd Marine Logistics Group at Camp Lejeune, according to First Lt. Raymond Fullbright, of the 2nd Marine Logistics Group.

“My deepest sympathy and condolences are extended to (their) family, friends, and colleagues,” said Brig. Gen. Michael E. McWilliams, commanding general of 2nd Marine Logistics Group. “Our focus is providing the necessary resources and support to those impacted by their tragic loss as they navigate this extremely difficult time.”

The 2nd Marine Logistics Group is assisting local authorities and the Naval Criminal Investigative Service.

Contributing: Associated Press

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2023/07/25/3-marines-dead-inside-car-at-gas-station-camp-lejeune/70464450007/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Sheriff says carbon monoxide poisoning.
https://www.npr.org/2023/07/26/1190118897/3-found-dead-at-north-carolina-gas-station-are-identified-as-marines-stationed-n
How old was the car?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Not what I expected for a new post, but drat that's some tragic news.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

PathAsc posted:

Not what I expected for a new post, but drat that's some tragic news.

Great, now there's going to be another bullet point on the vehicle inspection checklist.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
poo poo poo poo poo poo I'm late for movement. What, oh thank god the thread's still in port. Just gonna quietly walk on board, pretend nothing happened, nope, nothing going on here. Huh, oh no I was here the whole time. Yep. Never missed a thing.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
oh crap it's the 1st again

we are deploying you to PYF. Probably today. Stand by to stand by.

Dr_Gee
Apr 26, 2008
Good luck have fun wherever the navy drops you off next

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

The fun is getting off the goddamned ship, doesn't matter where

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

PYF dumb poo poo an officer said in 100% earnestness.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CainFortea posted:

PYF dumb poo poo an officer said in 100% earnestness.

“Do you think you can work for IBM for 20 years and get a pension for life?”

I earnestly stood up and answered the 2 stars rhetorical and laid into her. My chain wanted to kill me but nothing I said wasn’t a fact, and nothing I said was patently unprofessional.

Still gave me an LOC. I’m still salty about that. Only paperwork that ever really got under my skin.

Hang all officers.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

“Do you think you can work for IBM for 20 years and get a pension for life?”

I earnestly stood up and answered the 2 stars rhetorical and laid into her. My chain wanted to kill me but nothing I said wasn’t a fact, and nothing I said was patently unprofessional.

Still gave me an LOC. I’m still salty about that. Only paperwork that ever really got under my skin.

Hang all officers.

please recreate the speech thank you

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Huh, smells funny in this new place and I have no idea what language they're speaking. Anyone got a terp and some briefings on the local customs? Like is it a grave insult to move my left hand while walking or something?

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
does ny1 like dragns?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

bird food bathtub posted:

Huh, smells funny in this new place and I have no idea what language they're speaking. Anyone got a terp and some briefings on the local customs? Like is it a grave insult to move my left hand while walking or something?

It is customary to provide a gift of an image with Impact font text over a picture, preferably one of an animal looking cute.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
PYF deployment story (does not have to be strictly true)

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
So who would you all say are your favorite marines

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Drew Carey :chord:

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Oswald.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Road Dogg

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

All the un-named water dogs out there who really run the corps.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Goddammit, just when I finally forgot they were a thing

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Good ‘ole Private Frank Wuterich is easily top 3.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Post your favorite Crayon flavors

The blue ones taste the best.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

M_Gargantua posted:

Post your favorite Crayon flavors

The blue ones taste the best.

Purple.

Cause you think it's gonna taste like nasty rear end grape water more powder.

But nope, tastes like pure crayon.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Rudy

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
This belongs here:

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Smedley Butler. #1 gangster for capitalism and knew that war is a racket.

Also all you non crayon eating fucks acting like they taste different by color instead of type or date or location of manufacture. Crayola crunchy for life, those art store ones are too soft and dont turn your poop enough colors.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Post Your Favorite Piece of Issued/Stolen Whatever
Grid fleece top AND bottoms (its a set, gently caress you): i wore these to bed every night in Afghanistan until i puked and shidded all over them while hanging half way out a window

Honorable Mention
Buffalo jacket overrated. But I do give it my honorable mention for its honorable mention in one of the greatest all time pieces of devil dawg art:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhsblayR_fQ

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Victor Vermis posted:

Post Your Favorite Piece of Issued/Stolen Whatever
Grid fleece top AND bottoms (its a set, gently caress you): i wore these to bed every night in Afghanistan until i puked and shidded all over them while hanging half way out a window

Honorable Mention
Buffalo jacket overrated. But I do give it my honorable mention for its honorable mention in one of the greatest all time pieces of devil dawg art:

Your Favorite Piece of Issued/Stolen Whatever
Poncho liner. The warmest, most comfortable blanket of all time. Great for warm weather, cold weather, and not having to fuckin make your rack in the morning.

Honorable Mention
The daypack from the MOLLE suite. Big enough to carry a day's worth of poo poo but can be expanded using extra pouches. I still have mine 20 years on and I still use it for camping and road trips.

Disonorable Mention
The vodka Camelbak.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Eason the Fifth posted:

Honorable Mention
The daypack from the MOLLE suite. Big enough to carry a day's worth of poo poo but can be expanded using extra pouches. I still have mine 20 years on and I still use it for camping and road trips.

WHOA there.

While we are guests in other forums let's try to keep the voluntary disclosure of federal crimes to an absolute minimum.

.. also you may want to go off-grid for a bit. CIF Strike Teams are likely already on their way to recover that pack. God help you if it has any dirt or blood on it.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
(Teixeira get mad at me) Sorry. Im sorry. Im trying to remove it

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Eason the Fifth posted:

(Teixeira get mad at me) Sorry. Im sorry. Im trying to remove it

:nsa:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Well that was a quiet deployment. Always nice to have a smooth time every so often.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

You just didn't hear about all the dumb poo poo. It's ok though, it was a in a different unit.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Welp, you know the drill. Gonna move, don't know when. Off with BYOB with you

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Another chill deployment, gently caress yeah

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Guys have you seen my rifle?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Vahakyla posted:

Guys have you seen my rifle?

I heard that the MPs at the PMO have a rifle that they don't know who it belongs to. If you wait until right before movement and stop in to see if it is yours surely they won't delay the units movement filing charges on you.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
What is this doing in BYOB?

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

we have deployed here to establish a democratic government (and secure their oil)