Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
We've got our Galad Trakand now!

https://twitter.com/WotTVSeries/status/1682398094376198144

pik_d fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jul 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Imagine the flex of being cast as the most beautiful man in the world

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Rarity posted:

https://twitter.com/ItstWOTterTime/status/1682400769356578817?s=20

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Rarity posted:

Give me an uggo that can act.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

No, that's Gaidal

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Welp, whitecloaks gonna whitecloak I guess

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

pik_d posted:

Welp, whitecloaks gonna whitecloak I guess

That sucks but, yeah, in character

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
In a case of life imitating art, he now needs to beat up Donald Trump Jr to become leader of the Children of the Right and begin a slow movement toward reform.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Weird to see it as Galad Trakand, he'll always be Galadedrid Damodred in my heart

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

drat I go half a day without checking the thread and Galad gets discovered and cancelled already :ohdear:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Unsurprisingly, Galad won't be in season 2 based off this interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OevcBk0Bfm0&t=2176s

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Milkshake duck strikes again.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Wonder if he's Trakand to elide over the whole 'Rand and Elayne share a half brother' thing

It really comes to basically nothing in the book outside of Rand stressing a bit while he researches it.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

More casting news/leaks!

https://twitter.com/iAM_Global/status/1682452900063203346

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Why is Ishamael chilling with the Seanchan?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I'm assuming that's suroth, a dark friend.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Fares Fares is a solid B list actor, they’re probably expanding his role :shrug:

Poor bastard got to do nothin but CGI jump scares in S1 and one dialogue episode.

They did well with Logains expanded role so I have high hopes for Ishy.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I'm curious about this, too. It's one of the things I'm most looking forward to, honestly. Ishy up to something new.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Hexel posted:

Fares Fares is a solid B list actor, they’re probably expanding his role :shrug:

Poor bastard got to do nothin but CGI jump scares in S1 and one dialogue episode.

He's just so drat charming!

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Hexel posted:

Probably doing some combining with Semirhage, too. She was the one messing with the Seanchan so if they're dropping some people that seems like a place to do it as most of it took place off screen.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
You could probably combine Demandred with someone for the similar reasons; maybe Sammael, since he was the one most vocal about being Lews Therin's rival, and Demandred spends the whole last battle screaming for Lews Therin to come out and face him.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

tsob posted:

You could probably combine Demandred with someone for the similar reasons; maybe Sammael, since he was the one most vocal about being Lews Therin's rival, and Demandred spends the whole last battle screaming for Lews Therin to come out and face him.

Nah let’s get soap opera. Demandred is written as being too messed up in the seal to survive exiting in his original body. Taim is a jerk and Bashere impulsively kills him, the dark one interferes and swaps Demandred into Taim’s body.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

We had better get gold coin armor.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

pik_d posted:

Unsurprisingly, Galad won't be in season 2 based off this interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OevcBk0Bfm0&t=2176s

This video is 2 months old and has under 200 views.

That's not a comment at all about the content or his casting or anything but like, what the gently caress. It's a nearly 2 hour long video podcast with full professional kit and editing and has less than 200 views in 2 months.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

seaborgium posted:

Probably doing some combining with Semirhage, too. She was the one messing with the Seanchan so if they're dropping some people that seems like a place to do it as most of it took place off screen.
And also, I mean, Suroth is a Darkfriend and the Seanchan would have to have been gearing up for the Return for quite some time before the non-Ishamael Forsaken got released. It's an entirely reasonable read that Ishy is responsible, and if you want to give a guy more screen time it's an obvious move.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

??? Who? Moghedien? Someone else? Someone new?

https://twitter.com/WotTVSeries/status/1684400711113506816

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

pik_d posted:

??? Who? Moghedien? Someone else? Someone new?

https://twitter.com/WotTVSeries/status/1684400711113506816

She's actually a pretty big name. Probably a major role and "magdalena" is a cover.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

She's actually a pretty big name. Probably a major role and "magdalena" is a cover.

Oh, all the question marks were in reference to the character, not the actor.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Elaida

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Way too pretty. That's a moghedien I think. Maybe a Sul dam?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Way too pretty.

Graendal

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Alivia maybe? If they're accelerating the plot lines it could make sense to introduce us to the seanchan through her. Like as Tuons personal bodyguard in season three or something.

Moggy's name in Salidar was Marigan and that's kinda close?

BigHead fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jul 27, 2023

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

a new innkeeper

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

All WoT characters are pretty. Like maybe an innkeeper and Tarmon are the only people described as ugly. It’s like a CW show in them books.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Rand that one time he went under cover so he could talk to Nynaeve in Caemlyn.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

It's kinda insane how much story there is in Lord of Chaos. Egwene and Gawayne, the Aes Sedai embassies, Rand dealing with Andor, Nyneave healing stilling, and that's like the first half of the book.

Feels like the least focused yet most jampacked book so far. Feels cool even a little chaotic (irony).

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Hexel posted:

Everytime I see his name I always remember the DO talking to him and the way it was all caps in the books: DEMANDRED :laugh: makes me laugh.

Some interesting tidbits from the ongoing 12 hour dissection by the dusty wheel is that there seems to be a voiceover/whisper saying: kill them all during one of Rand’s scene’s and the voiceover during the Perrin and Hopper scene is Elyas.

Finally got around to watching the trailer. Seems like they added new dialogue to the Amrlyn and Rand confrontation scene. *doubt*

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Invalid Validation posted:

All WoT characters are pretty. Like maybe an innkeeper and Tarmon are the only people described as ugly. It’s like a CW show in them books.
Anaiya! She's very explicitly called out as not being pretty basically every time she's on screen. It's... actually kinda mean, taken as a whole.

And also most of the old people.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

rj definitely had a complex about being tall. Every other page is him describing his heroes heights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

BigHead posted:

Alivia maybe? If they're accelerating the plot lines it could make sense to introduce us to the seanchan through her. Like as Tuons personal bodyguard in season three or something.

That's what I was thinking, they might want to introduce her earlier and maybe expand her role a bit. She's always just kind of there as she has an important job at the very end, but Egwene has to escape and maybe she gets help with that.