Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I don't know why I went with my predictions except I'd just watched a streamer playing the Monkey Island Sea of Thieves stuff and had it on my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

My general rule of thumb is that Au'ra or Miqo'te ladies are probably healers, Viera or Roe are probably tanks, Hyurs and Au'ra/Miqo'te male are almost always DPS and Lalafell are wild cards. H'rothgar and Elezen are too rare to form a pattern
For some reason 90% of the hrothgar I see are red mages with monocles.

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
I'm pretty sure I was drunk and/or high when I submitted my guesses for the fanfest. I don't even remember what I said for any of the questions.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
One thing I shoulda put in there but forgot is the level cap being 99, not 100.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Bozja rules and nothing in Endwalker was more fun than being a 10/10/10 warrior with bloodsucker being unkillable and making other people in your party unkillable

Or blasting dps as a whm with seraph

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Alright, sure, predictions that range from very likely to “uncle works at Squenix” territory:

1. First look at female hrothgar in-game models

2. Yoshi-P wearing a shirt covered in potions. Future prediction: it wasn’t teasing Chemist

-A shirt teasing one of the below:

3. New job, some variation on Spellsword that isn’t Red Mage

4. New job, Onion Knight/Freelancer/Mimic variant

5. New job, Pirate/Mariner, distinct from Machinist and more melee

6. Some sort of Rival Wings revival, maybe a roulette for it or something

7. Golden Saucer expanded. Snowboarding mini game?

Yeah, most of these aren’t happening, but I’m gonna go for the dark horse.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

What ever happened with the gold saucer attraction they promised for endwalker anyway. Was I just imagining that or something

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my big prediction that im really confident in is the blue mage battle royale mode yoshi-p mentioned. i dont think hed have mentioned it if they werent seriously considering it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

No Mods No Masters posted:

What ever happened with the gold saucer attraction they promised for endwalker anyway. Was I just imagining that or something
might have gotten pushed back to next expansion

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Endorph posted:

my big prediction that im really confident in is the blue mage battle royale mode yoshi-p mentioned. i dont think hed have mentioned it if they werent seriously considering it

Legit a blue mage battle royale would be the loving wild. 72 blue mages drop onto an island with only water cannon.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

a 72 blue mage mode would be playable for exactly 1 weekend when it launched and then never again

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Failboattootoot posted:

One thing I shoulda put in there but forgot is the level cap being 99, not 100.

YoshiP has already said the next level cap is 100 in an interview, so unfortunately that's pretty unlikely.

No Mods No Masters posted:

I thought that was the new Sylvan Leap of Faith. Was that not it?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Onean posted:

I thought that was the new Sylvan Leap of Faith. Was that not it?
Didn't they say it'd be an entirely new thing? They compared it to Mahjong. (Shogi, maybe?)

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Still waiting on that Blitzball they promised in the Stormblood FanFest cycle.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

They will add Blitzball but as a fantasy sports / management type minigame

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

so like x-2 blitzball?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It would be cool to rip off yakuza 6 baseball, where you manage the team and go hire people in the world and just do like some minigames of key moments during the actual matches.

I feel like that would appeal to them from a building it out in an economical way sort of perspective

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

famfest

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
What will the Eorzean name for blitzball be? Thal's Balls?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Endorph posted:

Didn't they say it'd be an entirely new thing? They compared it to Mahjong. (Shogi, maybe?)

I don't remember, honestly, so probably.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

FuturePastNow posted:

They will add Blitzball but as a fantasy sports / management type minigame

That's what I want it to be. That is what it should be.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
If we are ripping off Yakuza, they should retool the Starlight minigame into a full karaoke system

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Firebert posted:

If we are ripping off Yakuza, they should retool the Starlight minigame into a full karaoke system

That was always my guess for what it would be, some kind of rhythm minigame that could take advantage of the years and years of music. You can even see various weird prototypes of such a system floating around in eg the firmament quests.

It would be funny if they delayed it to not launch against theatrhythm or some kind of square enix brain thing like that

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Firebert posted:

“Zenos is everywhere” mode.

”A test of your reflexes!”

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Hoping we get Go. Need it to fill the Age of Wushu void inside me.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

super sweet best pal posted:

Hoping we get Go. Need it to fill the Age of Wushu void inside me.

This reminds me, they added Go to Warframe and unless I'm deliberately using the ai exploit for a quick win the rabbit kicks me rear end every time

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

Lord_Magmar posted:

Unless of course someone else also perfected that fight and get the duel and die in 2 seconds and instead of giving another person a chance you have to hope to spawn the duel again and perfect the entry thing again.

the cool thing about this is that dynamis exists and bozja is completely empty except for some losers that farms clusters with 20 accounts, so you can get extra attempts at the duel with little or no competition to enter.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Endorph posted:

what if the new job is just a non limited version of blue mage

Whalaqee job mentor like "Martyn? We trained him wrong, as a joke. Here's the real poo poo..."

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Title Predictions?

I guessed "Homecoming". No idea why or what it has to do with the plot, but it sounds profound enough without trying to upstage the last expansion.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

A part of me thinks they might actually go with a more elaborate title this time, at least for the English version. If you wanted to cleanly separate the end of the previous story from the start of a new one, then giving 7.0 some kind of two-word title is the easiest way to distinguish it from the jump.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Qiqirn are gonna be teased as a beastman tribe but SURPRISE IT'S THE BURMECIANS IT'S A FF9 EXPAC the primary antag is a loose homage to Kuja/Garland and weird artificial people/invader monsters. :cool:

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jul 27, 2023

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Badger of Basra posted:

If bozja has a million fans, then I am one of them. If bozja has ten fans, then I am one of them. If bozja has only one fan then that is me. If bozja has no fans, then I am dead. If the world is against bozja, then I am against the world.

More like Badger of Bozja

SirPhoebos posted:

Title Predictions?

I guessed "Homecoming". No idea why or what it has to do with the plot, but it sounds profound enough without trying to upstage the last expansion.

That's a good one. I kept trying and failing to come up with a portmanteau like they've been using and eventually settled on "If this is going to be a fresh new storyline, they might hop out of the portmanteau name" and theorized A New Horizon.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Doomykins posted:

Qiqirn are gonna be teased as a beastman tribe but SURPRISE IT'S THE BURMECIANS IT'S A FF9 EXPAC the primary antag is a loose homage to Kuma/Garland and weird artificial people/invader monsters. :cool:

Don't you toy with my heart like this.

I can't remember any of the predictions I put in the form except that the new beast tribe is a village of FF IX-style puppets/mage golems. We need more FF IX inspired content.

look I know there are actually quite a few IX references and they seem to crop up in oddly pivotal moments but I need more

Pulling an unrelated prediction out of thin air: we travel to the southern continent on an airship called the Eternal Wind.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

Staggy posted:

Pulling an unrelated prediction out of thin air: we travel to the southern continent on an airship called the Eternal Wind.

as the sole person who thinks about the bonanza in any FFXIV space I would be so disappointed. I just want it to appear literally anywhere at least once more.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Big surprise twist, it's all Xenogears content baby!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Hunter Noventa posted:

Time to get G-Warrior out of storage.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

super sweet best pal posted:

Time to get G-Warrior out of storage.

So it can die for our sins? :v:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Hunter Noventa posted:

I'd be ok with this.

Yoship will be showing some previews of the 7.0 graphics overhaul. The crowd will demand a butt slider. Yoship will give an exasperated look, and then scroll down to reveal the presence of the butt slider to raucous applause.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl60KBYYs78

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

my only update so far from a fanfest attending friend is that they're playing the sharlayan theme in the convention center which is so funny to me. yoshi-p presents: real life aetheryte plaza.