Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
ORANGE VS AR 23 31.94%
PAC VS GRAVITY 1 1.39%
SWERVE VS DARBY 38 52.78%
BRITT VS TAYA 3 4.17%
THREE WAY TAG 7 9.72%
Total: 72 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

yea ok posted:

He's stealing everything else from WWE he should know that the women are popping the highest segments and have for weeks!!

It took years for WWE to build up the division to where they are today with 6-7 hours of TV per week to do it between Raw, SD, and NXT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Astro7x posted:

It took years for WWE to build up the division to where they are today with 6-7 hours of TV per week to do it between Raw, SD, and NXT.

Don't discount the benefit of NXT pre-TV too.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

hoping that AEW stacking the deck with more and more producers means Tony can flat out leave 1 or 2 shows outside of Dynamite to other people. I think Hero/Danielson/OC doing more stuff with ROH and Collision would be absolutely fine.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I do wonder if Dark and Elevation especially helped act as a psuedo-developmental for the company, it's where you first saw a lot of wrestlers who would be signed later, including Willow and Skye Blue and so on. Like the matches were usually squashes but it was fun to see fresh faces and speculate who might get "called up".

Like right now, all the AEW shows want to have notable, established names on them to get eyeballs, Rampage is maybe lowest priority but they still can't neglect it entirely. And while Tony has more freedom with ROH I don't think he wants it to just be the undercard.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Tony has been delegating for months and months now. He has the final say but there are so many people in his ear getting their ideas through. The MJF/Cole stuff is basically 100% Max, he has a ton of freedom.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Please Jack Perry get better music

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

Please Jack Perry get better music

Yeah, it’s not working, for me at least.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Maxwell Lord posted:

I do wonder if Dark and Elevation especially helped act as a psuedo-developmental for the company

This was pretty explicitly the case. Now ROH is the AEW farm league.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I think Night on Bald Mountain would be better, it's got a better pace.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

night on ftr bald mountain

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

mah wahf, mah baby dodder

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
the first juice action figure should totally be some little freak goblin you get with Jay White

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Now its hardly a guarantee that yhis match will go down as advertised, but in case you were curious too, I checked and Jerry Lynn last competed in March of 2013, more than a decade ago.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

A major match is being discussed for AEW All In, and it features a New Japan Pro Wrestling Star.

Fightful Select can confirm that IWGP United States Champion Will Ospreay is being planned and is expected to wrestle in his home country of England at AEW All in. The match currently being planned isn’t a rematch with Kenny Omega, however.

We’re told by NJPW sources that the plan relayed to them in July was Ospreay competing against former AEW, WCW, ROH and WWE World Champion Chris Jericho. We’re told Don Callis is factored into the equation somehow, but we’re unsure of which side he’ll be on. He’s been courting Chris Jericho on screen on AEW Dynamite for weeks, but accompanied Ospreay at AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

yea ok posted:

mah wahf, mah baby dodder

no fleihps jus fisses

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pylons posted:

A major match is being discussed for AEW All In, and it features a New Japan Pro Wrestling Star.

Fightful Select can confirm that IWGP United States Champion Will Ospreay is being planned and is expected to wrestle in his home country of England at AEW All in. The match currently being planned isn’t a rematch with Kenny Omega, however.

We’re told by NJPW sources that the plan relayed to them in July was Ospreay competing against former AEW, WCW, ROH and WWE World Champion Chris Jericho. We’re told Don Callis is factored into the equation somehow, but we’re unsure of which side he’ll be on. He’s been courting Chris Jericho on screen on AEW Dynamite for weeks, but accompanied Ospreay at AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door.

Don’t really wanna see that but maybe it’ll be good

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I have never seen gravity before but this spacesuit space man entrance gimmick is money just have him do that every week

Lol pac “it’s me! :haw:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I guess Callis already tied himself to Ospreay at Forbidden Door so if Jericho rebuffs him he can get Ospreay vs Jericho made as punishment? Seems like that'd be the story.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Maybe someone who was there can confirm or deny this but the crowd seemed utterly baffled by Gravity's gestures and didn't react at all to the "i'm a slow space man" thing. Didn't really do it for me either. He seemed alright but nothing about him really wowed me.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Pylons posted:

Makes sense. I think Ospreay's like the one guy from NJPW that Jericho wanted to work with who he hasn't in any capacity. (Honestly, he's been pretty selective, with only EVIL feeling a bit of an outlier and that was just to get Jericho a title defence before he dropped it back to Naito)

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

panko posted:

night on ftr bald mountain

Significant downgrade from Space Mountain

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Ospreay is going to Hidden Blade his head clean off. Don't do it, Chris.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Mons Hubris posted:

Significant downgrade from Space Mountain

No line at all

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

yea ok posted:

Ospreay is going to Hidden Blade his head clean off. Don't do it, Chris.

isint the judas effect based on the hidden blade or Chris saw Osprey do something like it and thought it looked cool.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I was trying to figure out who the gently caress gravity was and wound up on cagematch reading about some south african wrestler who used the name for a bit

Did another search and oh. He’s bandido’s brother. That makes sense, and is better than my unfounded stoner thinking that gravity was someone under a mask to gently caress with pac.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I hope it's the main event and Jericho wins.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/wrestlenomics/status/1684657401994018817

No elite, no watch.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Probably #1 or #2 for the night. Good number.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

jericho is a blue chip wrestler and deserves a uk payday. call him crisp jericho

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
better number than I expected considering this week's card. see if any of that will affect dynamite 200

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
80,000 fans cheering when Jericho kicks out of the tiger driver ‘91.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

All I want for my birthday is Eddie to walk out to Ruff Ryders Anthem and beat the piss out of MJF.

https://twitter.com/aew/status/1684669992631955458?s=46

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
e:.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I'm one of those empty-headed dipshits who still believes Eddie will beat MJF for the title at Grand Slam

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Crapple! posted:

I'm one of those empty-headed dipshits who still believes Eddie will beat MJF for the title at Grand Slam

I'm with you

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Ospreay can carry Jericho to a great match. I do want to see that third Omega and Ospreay match though.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

explosivo posted:

Maybe someone who was there can confirm or deny this but the crowd seemed utterly baffled by Gravity's gestures and didn't react at all to the "i'm a slow space man" thing. Didn't really do it for me either. He seemed alright but nothing about him really wowed me.

It was like 90% of the crowd’s first time seeing him so reactions may have muted because of that. People around me thought the gravity walk was funny at least and laughed when he did it.

He’s not super dynamic to me but seems fine. I think he’s only been wrestling for 3 years or something so definitely room to grow.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I'm live posting a day late but I'm really excited for a Darby/AR program.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
DDT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Maxwell Lord posted:

I do wonder if Dark and Elevation especially helped act as a psuedo-developmental for the company

it absolutely did