Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Bro thought he could tank the entire history of two lifetimes and three bodies and walk. he looks so loving humbled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Sindai posted:

I win, sucker! I release my domain and create a huge cloud of smoke. When it dissipates I'm lying completely dead on the pavement

lmao

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So what I'm gathering from the end if this chapter is that Sukuna and Gojo are falling in love.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Ytlaya posted:

So what I'm gathering from the end if this chapter is that Sukuna and Gojo are falling in love.

I approve of this new era of mid-fight gay shonen revelations

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nuebot posted:

I approve of this new era of mid-fight gay shonen revelations

Having finally met a peer, Sukuna mellows out. As he and Gojo are hugging after the fight....BAM! Kenjaku runs them both through with a cursed technique.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

needs to find an older body before they kiss

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Seems like now it’ll be race for Sukuna to adapt to Infinity before Gojo kills him, which considering they were fighting evenly at the start of the battle(even if Sukuna couldn’t actually harm Gojo) it doesn’t look good for Gojo.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

needs to find an older body before they kiss

Sukuna realizes that after ingesting his own mummified corpse he can manifest his original body and that shores things up between him and gojo. Megumi is still catatonic from having suffered Unlimited Void several times unfortunately.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Brought To You By posted:

Sukuna realizes that after ingesting his own mummified corpse he can manifest his original body and that shores things up between him and gojo. Megumi is still catatonic from having suffered Unlimited Void several times unfortunately.

Sukuna already can restore his original body. He's just has not so far for some reason.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jul 28, 2023

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Sindai posted:

I win, sucker! I release my domain and create a huge cloud of smoke. When it dissipates I'm lying completely dead on the pavement

:golfclap:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

MonsterEnvy posted:

Sukuna already can restore his original body. He's just has not so far for some reason.

Hes missing a few fingers for that. He doesnt need them all for his full power/near full power but reincarnating in his own flesh is sealed off by him not having all fingers.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Hes missing a few fingers for that. He doesnt need them all for his full power/near full power but reincarnating in his own flesh is sealed off by him not having all fingers.

Being a 'possessing spirit' has certain advantages over incarnating fully, if you believe what he says to other monsters similar to himself.

Gearhead fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jul 28, 2023

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I gotta say, I re-read all the parts of the fight concerning the domain battles and Sukuna's strategy is impressively convoluted when you consider that his starting simple move to destroy Gojo's domain from the outside was arguably effective enough that it could have ended the battle if not for Gojo finding a way to refresh his burnt-out technique. Sometimes simpler is better buddy, especially considering your brain's burnt-out now.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rigged Death Trap posted:

No it's stated your just need control of your vessel to restore your original form. Both Yarozu and Sukuna implied they did not take on their original forms due to something coming in the future. Gojo outright asks Sukuna why he has not taken on his original form, wondering if he's keeping Megumi's form to try and make Gojo go easy on him.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I gotta say, I re-read all the parts of the fight concerning the domain battles and Sukuna's strategy is impressively convoluted when you consider that his starting simple move to destroy Gojo's domain from the outside was arguably effective enough that it could have ended the battle if not for Gojo finding a way to refresh his burnt-out technique. Sometimes simpler is better buddy, especially considering your brain's burnt-out now.

I imagine he was hoping that would end the fight. It just didn't.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

What I haven't understood is why Mahoraga's adaptation was incomplete and Gojo states that if he opens his domain again he can oneshot it, was anyone able to parse that particular bit of anime logic?

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Tosk posted:

What I haven't understood is why Mahoraga's adaptation was incomplete and Gojo states that if he opens his domain again he can oneshot it, was anyone able to parse that particular bit of anime logic?

Gojo never thought Infinite Void would be what defeat Mahoraga in the first place, but it would have given him a window to hit Mahoraga without any kind of defense on its part. Mahoraga didn't even really fight Gojo in the first place, it really only served as a way for Sukuna to break the domain from the inside.

I still feel like this is a lot of trouble to adapt Mahoraga to Infinite Void when Sukuna isn't even really using it to fight, though. There's something I'm probably missing about the flow of the fight.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
The translation isn't very clear. I'm not sure what the TCB scan means when Gojo says Megumi's soul has only taken on the process of adaption, not the resulting adaption since Mahoraga clearly seemed unaffected by unlimited void and was even able to destroy the domain. I'd wait for the official.

And for all intents and purposes, you can consider Sukuna to be at full 20 fingers of power. He substituted 1 finger for an entire body, and with how binding vows work, that is definitely a fair exchange. He has 20 fingers but only 1 body, as well as more effort to eat a full body vs 1 finger, etc.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I think Gojo is alluding to the fact that Megumi's soul, and therefore Sukuna's current body, have not in fact adapted to Unlimited Void because the only one to adapt was Mahoraga. Which means that Sukuna/Megumi will be hit by Unlimited Void anyway, although that was kind of academic since Gojo at that point was too brain damaged to open a domain again.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
https://twitter.com/shiinabr/status/1685387053465214976?s=46&t=prPdvwNKek6G5lIo0cy9OA

sorcerer supreme and can hit a mean griddy

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The next collaboration with what?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Fortnite. I assume the main 3+Gojo will be in

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
A montage of Nobara getting headshot to vine booms

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1018604

Official chapter release.

The translation *still* feels weird, and at this point I'm just going to assume that the Japanese original was written in a really weird style that all translators are struggling with.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Having the chapter end with Yorozu's quote should mean that Yorozu's gift should come in the next chapter. I am still awaiting this Chekhov's gun.

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I'm gonna wait for a better scanlation, but I'm not sure I buy the way the wheel was hidden, to be completely honest.
I don't believe it contradicts anything we have seen before. If anything, a soul within someone else's body has been shown to activate curse techniques before, when Mahito touched Yuji with his domain and Sukuna used dismantle. Gojo's Void being able to affect all the souls and curses within its domain makes sense and having the wheel on Megumi can make sense though having it forced upon Megumi's soul without Megumi himself activating it is a bit new.

Tosk posted:

I believe the idea is that Gojo is now prepared for Sukuna to summon Mahoraga to break his domain, so he was going to prepare Red to destroy Mahoraga as he opens his domain before Mahoraga can break his domain and then kill Sukuna with the domain.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Granblue Fantasy is having a JJK collab soon and they've started announcing characters who are gonna appear in the story, which (so far) includes Yuji and Megumi and Gojo and loving Todo but not Nobara.

https://granbluefantasy.jp/pages/?p=47772

EDIT: Oh wait, no, they finally announced her (and Maki).

https://twitter.com/ru324/status/1685777205392240640?s=46&t=VPh1pUZ0Ai_hkfhHWzYOog

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
If Sukuna defeats Gojo here, I still feel much better about everyone else taking him on. His Domain being locked down, means it’s much harder for him to instantly kill everyone.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Flair posted:

I don't believe it contradicts anything we have seen before. If anything, a soul within someone else's body has been shown to activate curse techniques before, when Mahito touched Yuji with his domain and Sukuna used dismantle. Gojo's Void being able to affect all the souls and curses within its domain makes sense and having the wheel on Megumi can make sense though having it forced upon Megumi's soul without Megumi himself activating it is a bit new.

It's less that it's specifically a contradiction and more that it feels like so far out of what we've been shown before in terms of the usage of those powers that it doesn't really track as a natural development of what was going on so far. To me anyway.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

If Sukuna defeats Gojo here, I still feel much better about everyone else taking him on. His Domain being locked down, means it’s much harder for him to instantly kill everyone.

I doubt they could even reach him before he's recovered enough to use his domain again

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I dunno, that might be Kashimo's chance to shine. I couldn't think of how he would fight Sukuna without getting oneshot by his domain but if we take that factor out he might be more competitive, especially if his single use CT is a steroid for his stats or something.

notwithyourheart
Dec 27, 2013

kashimo’s cursed technique will be Ceaseless Discharge

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah I think it will take a while for Sukuna to recover his domain cause of the damage, which I think bring him down from unbeatable by everyone else to extremely dangerous.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I mean in this situation, if Sukuna cannot activate his domain the winning move is to safeguard Higuruma all the way to get Sukuna in range of his domain and it might just be an instant win. I see very little ways Sukuna can get out of a death sentence; save maybe Megumi's soul being present generating a lesser crime. Since it was the case that Judgeman used a crime committed by Sukuna by technicality in the fight with Yuji.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
kashimo’s so up his own rear end i bet he’d wanna wait til sukuna’s tech recovered to fight him.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
new chapter is here surprisingly fast

Quite a change of pace from the previous domain clashes.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

Kind of a stopgap chapter, but given the magazine break next week maybe that's for the best.

The whole thing about how many turns of the wheel Mahoraga needs to adapt is just screaming that Gojo won't make it in time, but we'll see. At this point I'm leaning towards him being on the cusp of victory when Kenjaku intervenes.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Kashimo :allears:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The traffic light bit is pretty cool I love that kind of stuff

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Jujutsu Kaisen Manga Thread - I don't have a clue what Gojo is doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
i like the lil detail of everyone had the same experience to gojo relative to their skills. there’s no variety in any of his fights since he’s always having to hold back.