Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That said, I would have loved them when I was a kid. They are hideous though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Gotta have the 1701-D or no deal for me.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
There's also a €500 Playmobil Enterprise:

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
Oh drat they are making DUNE lego

https://www.reddit.com/r/Legoleak/c...nt=1&utm_term=1

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

mutata posted:

Gotta have the 1701-D or no deal for me.

Maybe I can track down my friend Curtis from grade 4, he was always telling me he had one but for some reason I never got to see it

Who hurt you, Curtis....

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Ornithopters should cost 0

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

HootTheOwl posted:

lol

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

:flashfap:

#1 one on my Xmas list already.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Oh poo poo, I'm hyped as gently caress for the Dune set. The minifigs have so much potential too.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Wow that's weird, Dune just seems too .... adult? for lego. Maybe they'll get a little more risque with the icons lines.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Lego executive: Goddamnit it, we made three generic 'handsome young white dude' heads for that Spider-Man Statue of Liberty set, and we have all these leftover Zendaya head prints, does anyone know of a license where we can use these? Are there any hot properties right now with a handsome white dude and Zendaya that the kids might be dying for?!

Other Lego executive: Yes, but it's gonna get weird...

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dune Lego was not on my bingo card but if that's real that is kind of awesome.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dogen posted:

Wow that's weird, Dune just seems too .... adult? for lego. Maybe they'll get a little more risque with the icons lines.

In the Lego Gom Jabbar you stick your foot in the box and there's just a yellow 2x4 brick sitting in there

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

We got an official Lego Armie Hammer minifigure with the Lone Ranger sets, and now a Timmy Chal minifigure from these sets, everyone stock up on these pieces before there's a run on them.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Dunno if it it is gonna be in the movie or not, but there's a drug fueled orgy in the book...:lsd::a2m:

deoju fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jul 28, 2023

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Just take my money already.

A page late, but Titanic is an excellent model. I had to buy entirely new furniture to display it, but it was well worth it.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Phy posted:

In the Lego Gom Jabbar you stick your foot in the box and there's just a yellow 2x4 brick sitting in there

I must not fear fear is the mind-killer....

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Been a stress-filled week or so, sick doggo, crashed computer, home renovation. Lego is one of my de-stressors and because of the home reno I have not room to do any building. I should bring a set to the office next week.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Build a new house made of LEGO.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

What's really impressed me after I got (back) into Lego this year is how pieces are reused. I always assumed that all these licenced sets were made from a lot of unique one-off pieces, but the more I build, the more I realise that's not the case. Like, the Tallneck's neck bits that you climb in the game. Browsing ebay, I've learned they were originally Orc swords. I find that very satisfying for some reason.

I've been eyeing the A Frame Cabin and, if I'm not mistaken, the foundation seems to made up of a couple dozen Mjolnirs?

Junkenstein fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jul 29, 2023

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

HootTheOwl posted:

Goddamn lol

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I'm just buying up everything designed by Mike Psiaki at this point

Ecto-1 and Orchid coming

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

HootTheOwl posted:

hohohohoho

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

HootTheOwl posted:

idgi. Is this a joke about THAT old Dune RTS?

Junkenstein posted:

What's really impressed me after I got (back) into Lego this year is how pieces are reused. I always assumed that all these licenced sets were made from a lot of unique one-off pieces, but the more I build, the more I realise that's not the case. Like, the Tallneck's neck bits that you climb in the game. Browsing ebay, I've learned they were originally Orc swords. I find that very satisfying for some reason.

I've been eyeing the A Frame Cabin and, if I'm not mistaken, the foundation seems to made up of a couple dozen Mjolnirs?

Yup. My favorite one of these in a current set is in the orchid set. The smaller buds are the head of the demorgorgon from the Stranger Things set.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

deoju posted:

idgi. Is this a joke about THAT old Dune RTS?

It’s a Magic: the Gathering joke.

https://gatherer.wizards.com/pages/card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=1016

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I'm in.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
More dumb poo poo for the lego car discord server I'm on. The new challenge is to design a GT car based on any production car that has not before raced as a GT1. Well, they said ANY car, so here's a GT1 Nissan Cube.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Holy poo poo that’s amazing. Great work as always.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
:lol: Sausage sponsor with ketchup and mustard stripes.

Awesome as always.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

I finished building out my space Lego sets, turns out there were two additional sets I forgot I even had, that I figured out by searching the old instructions and seeing specific combinations of pieces. And it turns out I've lost a lot more pieces than I was thinking when I started, although at this point I can only presume they got swept in to the trash or vacuumed up while I was still a kid because I've just had these in storage since like 1990. But here it is, a vintage space collection!

You'll notice some mismatched colors, not sure where I got a black engine for example, and I'm missing a lot of the tiny detail pieces, like steering wheels and tail fins (I cut the tops off 4 of them to make them "look cooler" for custom builds) and the little antenna pieces. Also all my transparent 1x1s are really brittle and I've lost all the green ones. But this is as complete as I can make it. Sadly the parts I'm missing are OOP and very expensive on ebay or bricklink. So this is what it is. Also I'm not sure what other sets require some of the pieces I've borrowed so as I build those out I'll be taking some of these apart.

Here's the remaining space-specific pieces I have, there's either a small flying set I haven't figured out yet or I just got a few extra pieces from some other kid back in the day.

Here's one of the brochures which doesn't seem to have any of the ribbed rocket engines so it must have been a newer small set, if any.

I moved out of space and into expert builder (technic) after collecting all this. I'm deciding whether to go back and build the older city sets I have first, or move on to the motorcycle which was my first EB and favorite set of all time.

deoju posted:

Awesome as always.

Yeah, that's impressive.

LloydDobler fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jul 29, 2023

DrChu
May 14, 2002

Those ribbed engine pieces, the black rocket cone part, and those wing pieces came together in this set - https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=6842-1#T=S&O=%7B%22iconly%22:0%7D

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

LloydDobler posted:

Here's one of the brochures which doesn't seem to have any of the ribbed rocket engines so it must have been a newer small set, if any.

Might be something like this guy: https://rebrickable.com/sets/6842-1/shuttle-craft/

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Hahahaha that’s amazing and also I feel like I’ve probably seen a Cube with a spoiler like that in real life

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Dogen posted:

Hahahaha that’s amazing and also I feel like I’ve probably seen a Cube with a spoiler like that in real life
The spoiler is kind of the punchline to the whole build. See, the car only has one C pillar...

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Man, the old space stuff had such vivid colors.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Uhhh, no thanks Facebook.

195k members lol

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Carbohydrates posted:

The spoiler is kind of the punchline to the whole build. See, the car only has one C pillar...

What could possiblie go wrong?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The Super Mario line is about to get Larry and Morton. As far as I can tell, that is the last of the koopalings and the last of any of the obvious characters or baddies to get a figure.

The sets are constantly on clearance all over the place. Is this it for the mario line? Are there rumors of what comes next?

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Junkenstein posted:

Yup. It's one of the best things about these larger sets. For the Ninjago City Gardens, some of the roofs are made out of sausages, cleavers, video game controllers and treasure chest lids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Carbohydrates posted:

More dumb poo poo for the lego car discord server I'm on. The new challenge is to design a GT car based on any production car that has not before raced as a GT1. Well, they said ANY car, so here's a GT1 Nissan Cube.

Here's a dumb question since I haven't asked one in about 8 minutes, you do all these on studio right? Do you have a different program? Your lighting looks so much better than anything I can do. But that kind of goes along with everything else lego-related lol. I just wasn't sure if you were doing these on a CAD program or if you had all these blocks and stickers on hand and just whipped up all of these cars :-)