Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Nah, that old boy is dead.

Guernica (that guys name) was officially the source of the photo of gear 5 luffy used on the bounty posters. So if he's dead he still managed to survive long enough to get a photo(??) and send it to big bird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I feel like a Buster Call has to be declared at some point.

They have a new version of that now which they'd probably use instead. Though they'll eventually run out of islands doing that.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Luffy reorganizing the Strawhat Fleet once Hattori joins

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

MorningMoon posted:

Luffy reorganizing the Strawhat Fleet once Hattori joins

I've seen this gag so many times but I never noticed til now they still have Frank Grimes on the org chart, just crossed out

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Listen up maggots, Hattori's about to teach you the pecking order

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
You guys forget that Luffy believes that Hattori is the one leading Lucci around.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Infinitum posted:

Listen up maggots, Hattori's about to teach you the pecking order

Well done.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Ahahaha oh dear god he's perfect.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/onepiecenetflix/status/1685998748051103744?t=3VBu9nCX3OAjVXOuI1YIQg&s=19

A small clip, with a new showing of gum-gum CGI.

Did Luffy ever do a Looney Tunes style dodge like that in early One Piece? Or even before gear 5?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
So from this last chapter, it looks like a big difference between the Island Fruit and Pica's fruit is that Pizarro receives at least some of the damage done to the island, like Robin, whereas Pica didn't give a gently caress if the stone he was controlling was sliced up or not

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

mabels big day posted:

-snip-

A small clip, with a new showing of gum-gum CGI.

Did Luffy ever do a Looney Tunes style dodge like that in early One Piece? Or even before gear 5?

Yeah, he did lots of cartoony stuff like that early on. If anything, Gear 5 was a return to his older style of fighting :v:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Luffy has always fought like a cartoon. Gear 5 lets him make others fight like a cartoon too.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/0mB73LJ.mp4

Like it was always going to look goofy, but I guess the only comment I'd make against it is the lighting on his stomach doesn't match the scene/rest of Luffy's body.
Should be in shadow.

Wondering if that's a budget/time constraint issue or an artistic choice?

notwithyourheart
Dec 27, 2013

looks the same as fantastic 4 from 2005 to me

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
The more I watch that gifmp4 the weirder it gets.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Vonnie posted:

The more I watch that gifmp4 the weirder it gets.

Watch his feet not move

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Luffy looks ok its the other guy's swing that doesnt make sense to me.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Im just watching the bell post go flying over and over

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Infinitum posted:

https://i.imgur.com/0mB73LJ.mp4

Like it was always going to look goofy, but I guess the only comment I'd make against it is the lighting on his stomach doesn't match the scene/rest of Luffy's body.
Should be in shadow.

Wondering if that's a budget/time constraint issue or an artistic choice?

It's honestly not that bad, it's more or less consistent:

The main light source is coming from the left of the frame and looks like slightly downward, it also looks like a secondary light source coming from above which is highlighting his hat (and based on the lamp you see in the background there might be other light sources spread evenly around the boat). His legs are a bad reference point because he's a scrawny dude so there's not a lot of surface area, but looks at his arms and particularly his shoulders in the split second before he stretches: they are about 1/3 lit up, with the back 1/3 entirely in shadow. When he stretches back the parts that are in shadow are his lower back and upper chest just below the vest, everything else seems to be appropriately reacting the available light sources, with his upper back getting the same highlight that his hat and arms get (it's also notable he is stretching away from Alvida and behind another light source)

Now the feet thing is pretty bad, he should probably be rocking back on his heels a bit, that's probably a budget/difficulty thing. The guy hilariously falling over before anything even remotely is near him is also pretty funny.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It's also not really intended to be something you watch a hundred times on instant loop.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

It's also not really intended to be something you watch a hundred times on instant loop.

Then maybe they don’t know the One Piece audience as well as they think.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

They can't stop me, I'm watching it 1000 times

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Luffy's feet are supposed to not move. Isnt that like the entire point of the shot?

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Irony Be My Shield posted:

They can't stop me, I'm watching it 1000 times

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

It doesn't matter what any of the scenes look like as long as middle school aged Arlong is still present.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Raws are out, (magazine) break next week.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Crosspeice posted:

Raws are out, (magazine) break next week.

We're finally at Gear 5 in the anime starting this weekend, so that's gonna help ease the sting of break week.

Oh, speaking of the anime, they are blasting through the dubs. Crunchyroll uploaded ep. 1000 to Youtube for free as a milestone thing. At this rate they are gonna be at Roof Piece in a month or two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTMbowVZg8k

DizzyBum fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Aug 2, 2023

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015
lovely scans are out

Seem extra bad this week.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Rubberduke posted:

lovely scans are out

Seem extra bad this week.

:sickos: :piss:

Translation kinda sucks but it's readable. Great chapter!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

So we flashed forward all three of the strawhat X pacifista fights? I wasnt all that interested anyways but I'm surprised.

Oh shi stella and bonney are finally back after... seven months? eight months?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Im guessing we’re getting another flashback, this Arc sure loves it flashbacks

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

So, people asking "why are there Buster Calls when Imu can just wipe an island off the map",

I guess we know why now :v:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Blooming Brilliant posted:

So, people asking "why are there Buster Calls when Imu can just wipe an island off the map",

I guess we know why now :v:

This also explains the hole under Enies Lobby and the slowly rising sea level around Water 7.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Wait isn't Enies Lobby built in a massive sea hole?

Vise the Stompy
Mar 26, 2006

This cosmic dance; bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively. But, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend....Peace!
Doctor Rope
Not current plot relevant but It looks like we now know what caused Enies Lobby's hole to form. Though it also implies back then something was able to block it for that land bridge to still remain.

Edit: Got beat to the punch on this

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Robin's not in the last panel

Ever Disappointing fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Aug 2, 2023

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

https://tcbscans.com/chapters/7451/one-piece-chapter-1089?date=2-8-2023-16 :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

one piece is good, I am actually happy a lot of this got wrapped up off screen and im happy to get to this bigger action, hyped for the week after next