Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Coolguye posted:

having heard this load of nonsense before it's just that they let the jews go but piled in all of THEIR undesireables into auschwitz and dachau.

precisely who these undesireables are changes based on who is telling the story and what their goal is. sometimes they say it's gay people, sometimes they say it's the poors, sometimes they say it was german PoWs, blah blah.

naturally there are reams upon reams upon reams of primary paper sources, both writing and photographic, to contradict this entire class of outrageous lie but it doesn't stop outrageaholic idiots like tracey from spewing it for another millisecond of sweet, sweet attention.

Wait this guy supports RUSSIA. And gets mad at 1945 Americans for :airquote: homophobia, and killing German POWs:airquote:? Does he realize like 5,000 people from the 6th army lived through the Russian gulag system and that uh being gay in Russia puts a massive target on your back lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
i have no idea what tracey is on about because i refuse to actually look at twitter and give him another click. but i'm sure in his dumbass mind it doesn't matter, the entire point is to set up a massive whataboutism

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

*Pulls tarp off of Patriot launcher*

"Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL anti-aircraft missile system!"

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Coolguye posted:

i have no idea what tracey is on about because i refuse to actually look at twitter and give him another click. but i'm sure in his dumbass mind it doesn't matter, the entire point is to set up a massive whataboutism

this one's on my trophy wall

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Imagine being in Wagner and the relief you feel after being taken from the Ukrainian battlefields only to be used to piss off a NATO country so Russia can deny it's Russia and you in Wagner faces the full force of NATO.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

HonorableTB posted:

this one's on my trophy wall

drat, what'd you do, ask him a basic factual question?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

tiaz posted:

You know I spend some time every night in Starcraft 2 general chat and try to de radicalize Nazis. What's funny is when the Russian thumpers come in and say like 3-4 statements about Azov then instantly block me before I can even make a response.

These people do not care. They just want to spam their lovely narratives And block anyone who asks for a shred of proof.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

tiaz posted:

he said something really dumb even by mtracey standards and i trained some nafo bots onto him and he got drowned in shitposting by automated cartoon dogs. it ruined one of his narratives for the day and he blocked me for it lol

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

HonorableTB posted:

he said something really dumb even by mtracey standards and i trained some nafo bots onto him and he got drowned in shitposting by automated cartoon dogs. it ruined one of his narratives for the day and he blocked me for it lol

Usually I'd say the only way to win Twitter is to not play, but you're racking up a pretty high score.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

You know I spend some time every night in Starcraft 2 general chat and try to de radicalize Nazis.

Self-harm is never the answer.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

HonorableTB posted:

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
It's cool how his profile pic is the definition of "curious! And yet you yourself - - - "

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Tree Bucket posted:

It's cool how his profile pic is the definition of "curious! And yet you yourself - - - "

he's almost as good of an irl soyjak as prigozhin is

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

EasilyConfused posted:

Self-harm is never the answer.

I applaud the de-radicalization efforts, but yeah, engaging in online game chat over serious heartfelt topics is second only to Glen Greenwald posting in terms of hurting yourself via the Discourse.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/Faytuks/status/1686448598588735489

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1686487167512506370

lomzus fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Aug 2, 2023

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

mobby_6kl posted:

I'm not on Xitter anymore so I missed it but apparently our old moron friend Michael Tracey came up with this gem a few days ago lol

Yes I wonder what he has to say about this war, must be very insightful

By almost all accounts the most infamous concentration camps were in the areas occupied by the Soviet Union, so what is he saying here? "Allies" does include them during the war as well, but he seems to mean AMERICA, so what the hell is he trying to say?

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Randarkman posted:

By almost all accounts the most infamous concentration camps were in the areas occupied by the Soviet Union, so what is he saying here? "Allies" does include them during the war as well, but he seems to mean AMERICA, so what the hell is he trying to say?

nothing profiteth a man that tries to parse what the hell mtracey actually means. it is very, very reliably complete brainworms

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Randarkman posted:

No you see the allies actually bought Poland but leased it to the soviets so they could run the gas chambers unabated. They called it the Patton Molotov pact

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

mobby_6kl posted:

I'm not on Xitter anymore so I missed it but apparently our old moron friend Michael Tracey came up with this gem a few days ago lol

Yes I wonder what he has to say about this war, must be very insightful

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Coolguye posted:

precisely who these undesireables are changes based on who is telling the story and what their goal is. sometimes they say it's gay people,

That's not even entirely wrong, even if it's a bit distorted.

The law which was used to oppress gay people was retained after the war, and Homosexuals in the camps haf criminal convictions and their sentences were upheld. I do believe their conditions greatly improved after the war, though.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Poland? Ah yes, the country famous for not being fully and brutally occupied by the Soviet Union for the next 50 years the moment the fighting in the Europe ended. So obviously everything that happened there after the WW2 was obviously caused by, or crimes by, the western allies, basically USA, EU and NATO.

Its loving mind-boggling that people actually believe this as a fact.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Flavahbeast posted:

Looking at his followup responses, he's talking about Americans and Soviets repurposing Holocaust prison camps to hold German soldiers and facilitate population transfers of ethnic Germans. I respect Tracey's dedication to making posts that piss off nearly everyone on both sides of an argument

and yet Allies took part in imprisonment! Curious :smugbert:

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Der Kyhe posted:

Poland? Ah yes, the country famous for not being fully and brutally occupied by the Soviet Union for the next 50 years the moment the fighting in the Europe ended. So obviously everything that happened there after the WW2 was obviously caused by, or crimes by, the western allies, basically USA, EU and NATO.

Its loving mind-boggling that people actually believe this as a fact.

The latest tankie narrative is that Poland has it coming for Ukraine before partitions (which is why the soviet invasion happened after WWI) and being lovely to Lithuania, Belarus and Czechia in the interwar period. So the soviets did not do Katyń you see, but if the had, it would be just.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
new campaign update from Mick Ryan - whole thread on threadreaderapp

just for fun

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
Making propaganda telling Ukrainians to surrender has got to be the most futile and useless job in the world.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Sashimi posted:

Making propaganda telling Ukrainians to surrender has got to be the most futile and useless job in the world.

It's a living.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Sashimi posted:

Better to have a futile and useless job than be sent into the meat grinder with a rusty AK and 6bullets

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Dwesa posted:

new campaign update from Mick Ryan - whole thread on threadreaderapp

just for fun

Very rough translation by a Polish speaker of the first note:

Ukrainian soldier! Do you want live? - Call “Volga” (?)

1. Take your “Baofeng”
2. Change to frequency 149.200
3. Call “Volga”
4. Follow his instructions
5. You’ll live and go back hone (?)

Your family needs (?) you, soldier. You death does not benefit(?) anyone.

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen

Randarkman posted:

He's technicallly right as far as I know my history: "the Allies" did a lot of ethnic cleansing of Germans in Eastern Europe, utilising concentration camps in the progress.

Of course the specific ally that conducted this ethnic cleansing wasn't the US but his beloved Russia.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
You'd think they would at least make the effort to write it in Ukrainian lol.

An acquaintance of mine had a brilliant idea of going to Kyiv, right now, as a tourist. He has dual citizenship but one of them is... russian. He didn't use that passport for entry but that's pretty dumb even by my standards. He reports everything being fine despite the occasional explosions and seems to be enjoying himself so far.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Mokotow posted:

Very rough translation by a Polish speaker of the first note:

Ukrainian soldier! Do you want live? - Call “Volga” (?)

1. Take your “Baofeng”
2. Change to frequency 149.200
3. Call “Volga”
4. Follow his instructions
5. You’ll live and go back hone (?)

Your family needs (?) you, soldier. You death does not benefit(?) anyone.

6. drop your Berdan rifle
7. give us your footwraps it is cold
8. we're hungry too give us your spare dogfood

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
jfc another russian commander thought it was a good idea to form up everyone each morning for parade because they were in a safe area. 200ish troops got merked in Crimea.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

mobby_6kl posted:

An acquaintance of mine had a brilliant idea of going to Kyiv, right now, as a tourist. He has dual citizenship but one of them is... russian. He didn't use that passport for entry but that's pretty dumb even by my standards. He reports everything being fine despite the occasional explosions and seems to be enjoying himself so far.

Terrible images of a country undergoing total collapse as Führer Zelensky contemplates his next move to destroy Slavic brotherhood in his bunker

BrassRoots
Jan 9, 2012

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere - John Coltrane

mobby_6kl posted:

No soup? What kind of bullshit lunch is that?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tai posted:

jfc another russian commander thought it was a good idea to form up everyone each morning for parade because they were in a safe area. 200ish troops got merked in Crimea.

They should do more of those. Seems like a bunch got himarsed yesterday on Dzharylhach island too in Kherson

BrassRoots posted:

No soup? What kind of bullshit lunch is that?
Well he is a dirty foreigner, what can you expect :shrug:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1686686481899769857#m
boohoohoo :qqsay:

e: https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1686628503595212800
Vatnik union speedrun 100% going well, I see.

zone fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Aug 2, 2023

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

norp posted:

Better to have a futile and useless job than be sent into the meat grinder with a rusty AK and 6bullets

You can still perform menial office tasks with a field PC while cowering in a trench.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

mobby_6kl posted:

I have visited Ukraine several times and I had planned to visit Kyiv as well, but then came the pandemic and of course the war. I think I recognize the restaurant chain where your friend ate.

steinrokkan posted:

Terrible images of a country undergoing total collapse as Führer Zelensky contemplates his next move to destroy Slavic brotherhood in his bunker
No no, it is currently popular among Kremlinophiles to claim that this obviously means Ukraine shouldn't be supported because they still have smart phones and cars.

zone posted:

boohoohoo :qqsay:

Were any civilians harmed in the attacks at all? I am not counting the attacks that took place in the Russian-occupied territories of Ukraine or in the Russian-annexed separatist territories of Ukraine.

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Aug 2, 2023

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006

Tafferling posted:

You can still perform menial office tasks with a field PC while cowering in a trench.

Wonder if they have a dude carry a printer from on trench to another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

norp posted:

Isn't this the reason Nazi Germany's scientists and engineers worked on the wunderwaffen for as long as they did?