Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
He has lipstick on his forehead. Someone kissed that toilet.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

kid sinister posted:

He has lipstick on his forehead. Someone kissed that toilet.

You have to, for good luck.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Blue Moonlight posted:

You have to, for good luck.

Dear toilet, I hope you flush this poo poo I laid into you.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

When you really have to pop a squat.

“Sorry, you can’t come up until I’m done making GBS threads!”

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021
Quick, honey, grab the plunger. I clogged the shitter again and the water's rising.

Quick, honey, grab the plunger. I clogged the shitter again and the water's falling.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Harry_Potato posted:

Quick, honey, grab the plunger. I clogged the shitter again and the water's rising.

Quick, honey, grab the plunger. I clogged the shitter again and the water's falling.

Someone needs to combine the two a his and hers over/under bathroom.

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

a Slinky looking down at that and starting to weep

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/AnAngryOpossum/status/1686921061630185473

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I was going to say that 'stupid done well' has its own charm, but then I saw those external shots.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
I'm not even sure what to say about this place.

Like where do you even BEGIN?

The kitchen bathtub, maybe?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
They thoughtfully turned the stairs into a perfect place for cats.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

PurpleXVI posted:

I'm not even sure what to say about this place.

It's not a place.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

3D Megadoodoo posted:

It's not a place.

It's a state of mind

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Discussed in another thread, but it's a mixture of several listings, the inside doesn't match the outside. I recognize that bathtub setup from a hotel I saw months back.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Nitrox posted:

It's a state of mind

My state of mind.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

GreenNight posted:

My state of mind.

Mom: we have prison at home
The Eddings kids: [surprised Pikachu]

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

GreenNight posted:

My state of mind.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Fun with lovely concrete.

https://twitter.com/ProfPaulDunlop/status/1686869987183501312

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

drat that's terrible. Insurance won't cover and I'm sure the construction company went under and re-opened under a new name.

Danhenge
Dec 16, 2005
Apparently it's not even the builder's fault, it's an issue with the manufacturing of the blocks.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

What, is the issue that they manufactured them out of compressed sand?

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
See, they accidentally bought the "Whoops! All Sand!" Concrete Blocks instead of regular concrete blocks.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Call the exterminator, we've got concrete termites!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I’ve had Jaffa cakes with more structural integrity than those blocks.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

3D Megadoodoo posted:

It's not a place.

This is not a place... no deed is
here... nothing is here.

What is here was not us. This message is.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

gently caress Twitter.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Arrath posted:

What, is the issue that they manufactured them out of compressed sand?

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0008884623000613

quote:

In County Donegal, northwest Ireland, thousands of homes built with concrete blocks show an increasing degree of severe structural defects attributed to high mica content in the aggregates. Consequently, the problem is popularly known as the “Mica Crisis”. In this project the concrete blocks of four affected homes are investigated by microstructural and chemical analysis combined with thermodynamic modelling.

Apart from mica, the aggregates contain iron sulphides mainly in the form of pyrrhotite. The sulfur content of the aggregates considerably exceeds the limit value defined by the European standard for concrete aggregates (EN 12620). The results of the microstructural analysis coupled with thermodynamic modelling demonstrate that the concrete suffers from internal sulfate attack triggered by pyrrhotite oxidation.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

That washer and dryer is aces.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Even the rocks don’t want to work anymore!

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I'm here for the uh... countertop luxury tub?
Fun for guests!

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

StormDrain posted:

gently caress Twitter.

Is that a jetted fondue pot? I can't wait for the invite.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Harry_Potato posted:

I guess I know what I'm buying if I win the lottery. Might finally be enough cheese

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Harry_Potato posted:

family-style sous vide

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Fill it with French onion soup.

Also it needs a kneepad curb around that bar top.

ptier
Jul 2, 2007

Back off man, I'm a scientist.
Pillbug

Phanatic posted:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0008884623000613

In County Donegal, northwest Ireland, thousands of homes built with concrete blocks show an increasing degree of severe structural defects attributed to high mica content in the aggregates. Consequently, the problem is popularly known as the “Mica Crisis”. In this project the concrete blocks of four affected homes are investigated by microstructural and chemical analysis combined with thermodynamic modelling.

Apart from mica, the aggregates contain iron sulphides mainly in the form of pyrrhotite. The sulfur content of the aggregates considerably exceeds the limit value defined by the European standard for concrete aggregates (EN 12620). The results of the microstructural analysis coupled with thermodynamic modelling demonstrate that the concrete suffers from internal sulfate attack triggered by pyrrhotite oxidation.

So, those blocks basically rusted apart? That's mad.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Wood frame construction shows it superiority once again

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Nenonen posted:

Call the exterminator, we've got concrete termites!

Close. Petrophaga lorioti.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

More crappy interior design than crappy construction, but here's a 1956 ad for fiberglass curtains. Just in case you thought your curtains weren't itchy enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hawking
Aug 8, 2002

SHUT UP!
SHUT UP!
SHUT UP!!!

brugroffil posted:

Wood frame construction shows it superiority once again
Except for when you've got a wood frame house on top of a foundation full of pyrrhotite. Tons were constructed in eastern CT and MA over a period of more than 30 years, with damage not showing up for upwards of 20 or 30 years. The only way to fix them is to lift the entire house off the foundation, pour a new one, then put the whole thing back into place, which often constitutes a cost greater than the value of the home. It's pretty neat to see this construction process in action, but I wouldn't want to have to go through it myself, plus it made purchasing a home last year a really wild ride.