Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/alma314_/status/1688532203842707456?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Thank god, a perfect epilogue.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Meowywitch posted:

the afterlife is bitchin

As Gundam Build Fighters has proven already, yes. Gundam Valhalla is a good place to be in, even if it takes a lot of tragedy to get there.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Blaze Dragon posted:

As Gundam Build Fighters has proven already, yes. Gundam Valhalla is a good place to be in, even if it takes a lot of tragedy to get there.

More or less cool than Getter Valhalla

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Supremezero posted:

There's less genocidal colonialism in Gundam Valhalla, does that help?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I think Getter Valhalla is what's going on with Mushashi in Getter Robo Arc. dies in a heroic sacrifice to then be resurrected and used by the Getter in a seemingly infinite hell war. which tbf does sound like Valhalla

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Supremezero posted:

In both of them you can fight forever in your mecha of choice, but in Gundam Valhalla your life usually isn't at risk since you're playing with cool Gunpla go buy the toys, while in Getter Valhalla it's kill or be killed at any point forever.

So your mileage may vary, honestly.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/a77pharact/status/1688989863008186369?t=mVxXgNanPDgZjYl3iyt6yg&s=19

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Mio's signature is really cute

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Felsi or Renee? Glad to see I wasnt the only one having trouble :v

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/HIDEpilaf/status/1689232465733574656?t=cRXhS7EPvVk1XxwMig8iNw&s=19

Who cares about crossing the line when you can dance all over it.

Sander
Sep 10, 2022

For someone on the verge of losing control of her legs, she sure has some moves.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Sander posted:

For someone on the verge of losing control of her legs, she sure has some moves.

she's stunting on the Geneva convention

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/shuru_lab/status/1689584853543776256?t=uy2Cox6336mmaUZvjhLhew&s=19

Ahoge Powerd

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

They should just let the gay girls be married and challenge China to go ahead and try to copy this Gundam.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

China isn’t the problem, I don’t think Gwitch even aired there. Japan is perfectly capable of being retrograde entirely on their own.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Yeah I give it a 50/50 on it being the Japanese government somehow vs it being some dumbass Bandai exec.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

wdarkk posted:

Yeah I give it a 50/50 on it being the Japanese government somehow vs it being some dumbass Bandai exec.

I guarantee that the Japanese government was not involved in the removal of the word "married" from that Gundam Ace article.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
How many warcrimes did Prospera actually commit? I think killing those disabled league suits counts as something like killing the injured/incapacitated on the field. The false flag attack at quinharbor definitely. Does Eri count as a child soldier anymore?

Sander
Sep 10, 2022
Here's my highly controversial hot take:

The only horrible and evil thing Prospera has done was the false flag at Quinharbor, because she knew the risk of what could happen with "I rack up three dozen casualties at a student rally with my mobile suit" bros standing around and went with it anyway.

I genuinely cannot give a rat's rear end about those SAL fleets QZ blew the gently caress up. Sue me. Should've blown up Dominicus while at it.

Sander fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Aug 11, 2023

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm a bit murky about why she felt she had to do it. To cover up her blowing up the cache of Lfriths?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Synthbuttrange posted:

I'm a bit murky about why she felt she had to do it. To cover up her blowing up the cache of Lfriths?

I'm also of the opinion that it was a spiteful gently caress you to Miorine. She said she wanted Miorine to understand the screams she hears.

Sander
Sep 10, 2022
I don't think she really specifically intended for fighting and bloodshed to occur, she just didn't particularly care if it did, at least not enough to deter her in any capacity.

You have to remember that Miorine and co didn't actually intend to have any security besides Aerial. In fact, Miorine explicitly complains about the stormtroopers being there. If the jackboots hadn't been there, Prospera could've done the exact same poo poo and there would be minimal or zero collateral. There would be nothing for Earthian forces to fire upon and the worst that could happen to Miorine is maybe being detained for a minute (then again, no harm came upon her while being within the reach of Earthians even with a full on fighting/massacre going on outside, so likely not even that). Unless I missed a line where she arranged for them to be there.

But Prospera and Eri knew what could have happened with the variables as they were and went for it anyway, which is the deplorable part.

I also think that, after episode 24, it is clear she didn't actually care about revenge. Most certainly not enough to arrange a massacre just to traumatize Delling's daughter for the crime of being Delling's daughter. If she didn't even care to acknowledge Kenanji "personally killed my husband and a friend" Avery's existence despite him being within her reach, then I don't think she would be that vengeful towards Miorine of all people. Those "I hear voices of the dead" lines were either bullshit to manipulate Miorine or she has any vengeful desires well and truly in check. She never really killed anyone who didn't stand in the way of her Eri plans or was collateral to achieving or securing said plans, so Suletta's lines about her in episode 24 actually track.

She just wanted to blow up those Gundams. I don't think she gave a poo poo about Miorine either way. Sadly, she didn't give much of a poo poo about Quinharbor's citizens either.

Sander fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Aug 11, 2023

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Wait, she's being super alturistic! She's giving Mio an amazing education in problems real world armed conflict negotiations! Aww how sweet of her!

Sander
Sep 10, 2022

Synthbuttrange posted:

Wait, she's being super alturistic! She's giving Mio an amazing education in problems real world armed conflict negotiations! Aww how sweet of her!

"Wow, look at all these prospective Gund-Arm customers!"

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Sander posted:

I don't think she really specifically intended for fighting and bloodshed to occur, she just didn't particularly care if it did, at least not enough to deter her in any capacity.

You have to remember that Miorine and co didn't actually intend to have any security besides Aerial. In fact, Miorine explicitly complains about the stormtroopers being there. If the jackboots hadn't been there, Prospera could've done the exact same poo poo and there would be minimal or zero collateral. There would be nothing for Earthian forces to fire upon and the worst that could happen to Miorine is maybe being detained for a minute (then again, no harm came upon her while being within the reach of Earthians even with a full on fighting/massacre going on outside, so likely not even that). Unless I missed a line where she arranged for them to be there.

But Prospera and Eri knew what could have happened with the variables as they were and went for it anyway, which is the deplorable part.

I also think that, after episode 24, it is clear she didn't actually care about revenge. Most certainly not enough to arrange a massacre just to traumatize Delling's daughter for the crime of being Delling's daughter. If she didn't even care to acknowledge Kenanji "personally killed my husband and a friend" Avery's existence despite him being within her reach, then I don't think she would be that vengeful towards Miorine of all people. Those "I hear voices of the dead" lines were either bullshit to manipulate Miorine or she has any vengeful desires well and truly in check. She never really killed anyone who didn't stand in the way of her Eri plans or was collateral to achieving or securing said plans, so Suletta's lines about her in episode 24 actually track.

She just wanted to blow up those Gundams. I don't think she gave a poo poo about Miorine either way. Sadly, she didn't give much of a poo poo about Quinharbor's citizens either.

Kenanji's English VA tweeting "Yo, as someone playing this man, I have no idea how the gently caress he's still alive" never fails to make me laugh.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'd still put "use a coffin shaped death star to murder the gently caress out of anyone who refuses to let me turn the solar system into my ghost daughter's playground" under the category of Bad Things Prospera Does even if she only managed to blast two fleets before it got shut down.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
https://en.gundam.info/premium-bandai/detail.html?cn=sg&lang=en&code=N2701202001001

Get your very own sister-in-law keychain.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

What's it even supposed to be

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Meowywitch posted:

It's someone who pulled the draw strings on their hood that's lines with fluff tight.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
They’re engagement rings.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Meowywitch posted:

It's up to your interpretation.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Meowywitch posted:

Kenny South Park.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

the audacity to both sell these and use this image

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

i'll buy one for me and my wife

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Buying a pair for me and my best friend

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Arc Hammer posted:

"use a coffin shaped death star to murder the gently caress out of anyone who refuses to let me turn the solar system into my ghost daughter's playground"

I still maintain there was more to QZ that they didn’t adequately explain because “Let Eri float around as a hologram with slightly more range” simply doesn’t make sense as Prospera’s final goal. She can already float around as a ghost. And Aerial gives her an actual physical body and way to directly interact with the material world with effectively infinite range which makes QZ as portrayed redundant. There’s got to be more to it. I’m expecting some data book five years from now to say something like it would straight up bring her back to life or let her rewrite her own timeline or something suitably psychedelic.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Buying a pair for me and someone who my relationship with is up to interpretation

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Some great friendship keychains!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

galagazombie posted:

I still maintain there was more to QZ that they didn’t adequately explain because “Let Eri float around as a hologram with slightly more range” simply doesn’t make sense as Prospera’s final goal. She can already float around as a ghost. And Aerial gives her an actual physical body and way to directly interact with the material world with effectively infinite range which makes QZ as portrayed redundant. There’s got to be more to it. I’m expecting some data book five years from now to say something like it would straight up bring her back to life or let her rewrite her own timeline or something suitably psychedelic.

:psyduck: I thought it was pretty self explanatory. The holograms could become solid in the most powerful of data storms, therefore; Engulf the world in the data storm, then the holograms can become solid and interact with the world.