Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Nuebot posted:

:psyduck: I thought it was pretty self explanatory. The holograms could become solid in the most powerful of data storms, therefore; Engulf the world in the data storm, then the holograms can become solid and interact with the world.

prospera is a lot of things but she's not dumb and a full body fund prosthetic with synthetic skin could do that much more easily and is barely past where folkvangr was development wise, certainly easier than building a god killing death star

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Saraiguma posted:

prospera is a lot of things but she's not dumb and a full body fund prosthetic with synthetic skin could do that much more easily and is barely past where folkvangr was development wise, certainly easier than building a god killing death star

I don't think she wanted that, though. I think she wanted the hologram thing.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Saraiguma posted:

It seems fairly obvious that if the solution to Eri's problem was easily achievable without a 20 year plan involving a magic death star, she probably would have done that instead, which suggests that the solution wasn't actually that easy.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It's funny to me that both the Coven and Eri call Suletts the Key that allowed Ericht to achieve score 8 and attain her own mobility. Then, after QZ disintegrates Prospera goes "huh, I guess Suletta was the key who could raise Eri's permet score after all."

I mean, wasn't she already doing that before you decided to hijack the death star, Prospera? Didn't you design her to do that?

I'm just imagining Prospera seeing everything blowing up in the gay space rainbow and thinking to herself "I might have overplanned this." Like she got so caught up in her planning scheming and manipulations that she missed the easiest non crazy solution.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Aug 12, 2023

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Every key needs a keychain

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Isnt everything one observes fundamentally up to interpretation...?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Do you think that neck gear thing Sue and Mio have to wear to hear their sister/in law is heavy

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Pictures from the GWitch Staff fanbook are popping up. Including wedding pics:

https://twitter.com/jirakugo/status/1690184734457155584

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

oh that's epic

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/jirakugo/status/1690190921336578048?s=20

there's another one, what an adorable friendship

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Eri suffering in that second pic.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

And a glimpse of Notrette!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

those tweets are gone already :(

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

those tweets are gone already :(
that person protected their account for whatever reason.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
They're up if you click on the link?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Second one

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Eri having sweat drops while watching takes that picture to the next level

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

This is the line for the book

https://twitter.com/SD_JADOU/status/1690166846451077120?s=20

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Reminds me of the Bocchi author situation.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Look at all that money Bandai ain't gettin

Sander
Sep 10, 2022

Kanos posted:

It seems fairly obvious that if the solution to Eri's problem was easily achievable without a 20 year plan involving a magic death star, she probably would have done that instead, which suggests that the solution wasn't actually that easy.

My take is that it was probably infeasible to transfer her to an object smaller than Lfrith and that she couldn’t shrink the data storm to something that could be moved into a prosthetic body, so she went in the opposite direction.

Eri even talks about her epilogue state as an incomprehensible miracle that only Suletta could have achieved.

Now that Suletta’s miracle stuff got her compact and pocket-sized, they can probably hook her up to a body. It is a matter of time until Gund-Arm gets to that level, but I guess Eri will be hugging her family sooner rather than later.

Like, drat, can you imagine how touch-starved she’s been? She is gonna be clingy AF.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

She's been hugging plenty of people. With lasers.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/ravenndei628/status/1690352651610066947

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

can't think of a "interpretation" joke for this one tbh

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

More

https://twitter.com/ravenndei628/status/1690345914899300352?s=20

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The book sold for 2,000 yen and the current second hand market price is 14,000 yen.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

But

Y'know

Can't leave money on the table by leaving the homophobes out.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

There go two adorably platonic best friends and room mates.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
It's a hardly a victory for phobes though. They're a minority that isn't even loud and though they're claiming a victory, THEY KNOW. Suletta and Miorine are gay and married.

(This is not forgiving Bandai)

Sander
Sep 10, 2022

Waffleman_ posted:

But

Y'know

The funny thing is that any homophobe chud turned off by lesbians (or even just women) was already left out by the actual show. They are not gonna run out and buy model kits just because some dumbass Bandai tweet said the marriage was up to interpretation. At best they used it to ineffectually troll the fans of the show on social media.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Any homophobe wants to buy a WFM gunpla kit is more than welcome to the Michaelis stockpile. They don't need to buy the gay space rainbow gundam if they don't want to.

I want to buy the Gay Space Rainbow Gundam when it's available at my local shop but right now all they have are a bunch of MG Jegans for some reason...

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Aug 12, 2023

Sander
Sep 10, 2022
The funniest bit I've witnessed on Gundam twitter was the sight of some clowns denigrating people into SuleMio as "tourists", only to be exposed as some dumbfuck drive-by culture warriors who don't really watch Gundam at all. Like the sheer hilarity of chuds getting tripped up by a picture of a loving Astray while calling people tourists (at one point I even saw some joker yelling at a person with a handle named after an obscure-rear end manga Gundam for being a "tourist" and not a real Gundam fan)...

Not that the very notion of "tourists" isn't ridiculous when WfM was literally meant to draw in new fans, but these "anti-tourists" being fake asses who can't even identify Cool Robot is pretty funny.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Waffleman_ posted:

But

Y'know

Bandai execs pounding the desk after seeing these aftermarket prices: “Bring me more pictures! Pictures of lesbians!”

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Gripweed posted:

The book sold for 2,000 yen and the current second hand market price is 14,000 yen.

I’m worried my brain has finally broke because now I’m imagining that this is all a New Coke conspiracy, only instead of a beloved soda flavor it’s lesbianism. Now every artbook and videogame that shows them in wedding dresses etc will sell that much better as a show of support.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
I wonder if Kinokuniya NYC will get any

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Yawgmoft posted:

I wonder if Kinokuniya NYC will get any

I'd be kind of surprised, I don't think they get fan created works at all.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/zeonicscans/status/1690585542864572416?s=20

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

galagazombie posted:

I’m worried my brain has finally broke because now I’m imagining that this is all a New Coke conspiracy, only instead of a beloved soda flavor it’s lesbianism. Now every artbook and videogame that shows them in wedding dresses etc will sell that much better as a show of support.
this isnt an official artbook. the staff drew it, but its not endorsed by bandai, theyre just doing it themsevles. so bandai isnt making any money from it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
friend give me present :) it good