Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

ultrafilter posted:

The protagonist there was a playable character in the original series.

Wait, so this isn't the same as that other demo where you play as the creepy little ghost girl and wander around a house? Is there actual gameplay to it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

Thank gently caress Lucas Pope out of the bigger indie designer dudes has to my understanding been a good egg. (Please put something new out at some point.)

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Lunsku posted:

Thank gently caress Lucas Pope out of the bigger indie designer dudes has to my understanding been a good egg. (Please put something new out at some point.)

https://dukope.itch.io/lcd-please

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Head's up, Turbo Overkill just hit 1.0 and is 15% off it's EA price. They'll be raising it to USD $25 soon so this is the last chance to get it cheap.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK5ICK8r0hk

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Lunsku posted:

Nah he's still working on the game for that gimmick console that nobody has ever heard of.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Mordja posted:

Head's up, Turbo Overkill just hit 1.0 and is 15% off it's EA price. They'll be raising it to USD $25 soon so this is the last chance to get it cheap.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK5ICK8r0hk

the footage reminds me a bit of severed steel. is it comparable?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Rinkles posted:

the footage reminds me a bit of severed steel. is it comparable?

Not really. It's more similar to like Painkiller than FEAR.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

ImpAtom posted:

It was the dude's brand to be not-so-subtly racist. He was one of the front-and-center faces for the talks about how inferior Japanese games couldn't possibly match up to Western works of genius.

To his credit he appears to have walked that back somewhat and seems to have chilled out but he exploded pretty hard for a while there. He's kind of the poster boy for "mild success gets right up his own rear end" and unfortunately for him the part where he was a weird racist and told people to kill themselves is going to be remembered a lot more than the part where he chilled out.

To be fair the entire era of “Japanese devs forgot how to make games” was gross and weird and unfortunately The Style At The Time.

On the other hand I do remember the time he screamed into a Japanese developers face that their games sucked.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Screamed? I don't remember that.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Saoshyant posted:

Please be good, please be good, please be good :pray:

It's real dope, outside of the fact that I'm getting similar crashes to the ones I'm having in Remnant. Unreeeaaaaal! :argh:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

ymgve posted:

Screamed? I don't remember that.

I am probably overstating it but I do remember there was some incident like that.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Wiltsghost posted:

Titan Quest 2

I think the first one had 6-player coop which was perfect for my friend group. I hope this one has that too, as there are too few coop games that support more than 4 players.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

pyst had john goodman. the looker did not have john goodman. pyst > the looker

drat, you got me. I can't argue against that. Long live the King of Pyst.

Unlucky7 posted:

I think it helps to think of The Witness Island as more glorified puzzle book than a coherent backdrop.

Puzzle book is definitely the way I'd sum it up, yeah.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Oxxidation posted:

if he wasn't so unbearably arrogant then blow could have had a decent reputation as one of the vanguards of modern indie games (iirc Braid was a flagship title for xbox live)

He's kind of a dinosaur from that era. I checked out a random stream of his recently working on his new game and he made a comparison to N+ when talking about the number of levels in a game. Bro nobody is thinking about N+ anymore lol

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i see titan quest 2 has a Giant Enemy Crab

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Unlucky7 posted:

I am probably overstating it but I do remember there was some incident like that.

Not quite, a Japanese dev asked him a question from the audience at a panel about Western game design and he kind of brusquely said that Japanese games currently sucked. It was a little rude but he was also mostly correct , this was the era of like Resident Evil 6 and stuff

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

FishMcCool posted:

Not just at release. Like, this is from just 2 years ago according to the reddit timestamp:
Every Indie darling in the last twenty years has been the first attempt to elevate a video game to art.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
given enough time, every game boss evolves into a giant crab. this is called carcinization.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Resident Evil 6 is good, so seems like Mr. Fish was wrong. Sucks.

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010

ymgve posted:

given enough time, every game boss evolves into a giant crab. this is called carcinization.

becoming crab is the ultimate level up

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
There had better be a big crab somewhere in Armored Core or I'll be disappointed.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
All this Witness talk reminded me of Fez, another puzzle game whose dev made himself into a prat on the internet, but fortunately none of that leaks into the game itself, it's a real gem!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfpKTclOnfI&t=13s

If you've not heard of it before, it's a platformer whose premise is absolutely brilliant: Navigate a 3d world in 2d, where if you line things up with perspective they're connected as far as your 2d brain is concerned, breaking all sorts of spatial physics. Very chill vibe.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Serephina posted:

All this Witness talk reminded me of Fez, another puzzle game whose dev made himself into a prat on the internet,

If you've not heard of it before, it's a platformer whose premise is absolutely brilliant:

:allears:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Blow posted a short video of his new game on twitter and it looks nice at least
https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Blow/status/1690015627543506944

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
im gonna be honest i keep thinking blow and fish are the same person any time one of them comes up in the news

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I blame Hootie and the Blowfish

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Whats Phil Fish been up to thats so bad? He imploded a decade ago, I have no idea what hes done since.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Gorn Myson posted:

Whats Phil Fish been up to thats so bad? He imploded a decade ago, I have no idea what hes done since.

as far as i know he hasn't done anything, his brief time in the limelight was just so odious and embarrassing that he keeps getting brought up in these conversations

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

The 7th Guest posted:

i see titan quest 2 has a Giant Enemy Crab

What if that's a normal sized crab and the player is just a Teeny Titan?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Oxxidation posted:

as far as i know he hasn't done anything, his brief time in the limelight was just so odious and embarrassing that he keeps getting brought up in these conversations

also his company got hacked by gamergaters and they leaked all his personal info, which understandably made him quit game development forever

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Claire's Hair in Deathbulge: Battle of the Bands has a secret area behind the bird bar. There's some spooky background music and an incomplete hair-bridge with a bunch of pieces floating in the air. Is this something I can do now or should I come back later?

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Gorn Myson posted:

he's basically completely vanished off the face of the earth and i really can not blame him for doing that

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010
Phil Fish challenged the internet to the 'I'm the Most Terrible Person' contest and predictably lost spectacularly.

Like, I'm not sad to hear the dude is gone, but the way he went is still loving tragic.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2442020/Dangeresque_The_Roomisode_Triungulate/
Wasn't this a game on the Homestar website like, forever ago?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
What's the next main entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise after Black Flag?

Orv
May 4, 2011

credburn posted:

Unity if we don’t count Rogue

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

credburn posted:

I believe the series stopped using roman numerals after Black Flag. Looking at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed#Release_history, it is:

Assassin’s Creed Rogue

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Seems new to me, as far as I remember. Might have been something similar before, though

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Biomutant is 60% off. Did it ever become good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

The trailer video says it's 3 parts, one of which was on the site but has been remastered and voiced, along with one that was started but never finished before, and one entirely new one.