Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Hopefully that will be in time for the series to get more books printed. We only have a single copy of the first volume in the Barnes and Noble warehouses right now

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I still think that English title is dumb

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

You should read the spanish one, its even more tortured.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
actually the spanish title is good, and cool, and funny

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

I guess that means it’ll be batch released. That sucks! But Twitter may not still be there to build community, anyway.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Allegedly, Netflix has realized that batch-releasing everything is a bad idea, and anime has been doing weekly lately on the service. Vinland Saga, at least, has been getting weekly releases there.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

mdct posted:

Allegedly, Netflix has realized that batch-releasing everything is a bad idea, and anime has been doing weekly lately on the service. Vinland Saga, at least, has been getting weekly releases there.

Well someone realized it and made sure Netflix did it, but I'd wager it was more an external decision from other people in the anime committees than an internal one.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Well they realized it too late to save JoJo Part 6 but better late than never

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I don't even really mind the batch-releases (they're actually better for the consumer overall rather than weekly episodic releases) but JoJo p6 getting it's first bit released, then nothing for 9 months, then the final batch being 3 months after that was just stupid. If it was one batch every 3 months or something it would've been fine.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Scholtz posted:

I don't even really mind the batch-releases (they're actually better for the consumer overall rather than weekly episodic releases) but JoJo p6 getting it's first bit released, then nothing for 9 months, then the final batch being 3 months after that was just stupid. If it was one batch every 3 months or something it would've been fine.

It might be better for the consumer, but it's much worse for the show. Even highly popular shows like Edgerunners disappear from public conversation faster with full dumps, and less popular shows can vanish entirely.

Think about Odd Taxi. Thanks to the week-to-week, it went from some obscure no-name anime to one of the seasonal favorites. DnD here is in a better spot thanks to the studio and the manga, but it could still hurt its ability to gain a new audience.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i feel like dungeon meshi is going to be huge either way honestly, tho it def hurts other stuff

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

MagusDraco posted:

Well they realized it too late to save JoJo Part 6 but better late than never

Poor part 6 honestly. It always had a bad rep but doing that to the anime meant it never even got a chance

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Any reactions / reviews of e1 around if they showed it at a panel?

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://twitter.com/nonstopbrocock/status/1688931261308616704

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

That's quite impressive because BG3 does not have Japanese language support.

Rubellavator fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Aug 8, 2023

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
All I know is, is if someone turns into a bear next chapter, I’m outta here.

Rubellavator posted:

That's quite impressive because BG3 does not have a Japanese language support.

(insert the elvish language support comic here)

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
I hope she draws art of the new NPcs!

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Gale being served a deliciously rendered feast of all my goddamn magic items.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

mmm griffon ribs

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
there's a new penultimate chapter.

I'm gonna miss this series so much. I've been reading it since the beginning, and it's been one of my favorite series ever, right up there with One Piece.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
god we are really just saving falin for the very end huh? got to do those bookends.

is there some sort of medal we can give ryoko kui for having the best elves ever? multiple elf hall of fame members in this cast, and all the bits we see of their culture and stuff is super interesting. lol at the final evolution of elf fashion we got this chapter.

anyway looking forward to the 40 pages just dedicated to marcille's gay marriage in the next and last chapter.

e:

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Aug 12, 2023

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Laios going up to the elves with that regal aura to keep marcille from being put in dumb baby jail and then beating feet so they dont call him on his bullshit is great.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Holy poo poo, Laios actually looks regal and is doing a pretty good job as a king/leader! Also lmao at elf queen apparently hanging around fully in nude, outside of that little shirt thing.

I will really miss Dungeon Meshi. :(

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

that full-page of lion-clad laios… I almost teared up. alltimer manga.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

As sad as it is to see it go, it's great that the story gets to wrap up cleanly on the author's terms. It's been great to see everyone's stories close out over the last couple chapters.

I think it might have been recommended in the thread previously, but for those looking for something similar Witch Hat Atelier is another amazing fleshed out fantasy world manga in the vein of Dungeon Meshi. Unfortunately no elves though, but it does have plenty of stupidly good artwork.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I love how Namori had an unexpected crush on Laois when he showed up wrapped in the Lion's fur.

Long leg lover indeed!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

drat it Laius, you're not allowed to look that cool. :T

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Lovely chapter of winding things down. I do wish that the series would at least hit 100 chapters for the milestone and mostly because so few series really take their time in the victory lap and tying up their world. With that said, one more chapter feels good enough.

The Laios power move with the elves wasn't too unexpected (I think someone called it here even), but felt great. Also wow yeah that lion cape is doing wonders for him.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Captain Invictus posted:

there's a new penultimate chapter.

I'm gonna miss this series so much. I've been reading it since the beginning, and it's been one of my favorite series ever, right up there with One Piece.

I could maybe see there being 3 more chapters, with the way that "The end of Laios's tale" was phrased.

Especially since next chapter is Chapter 97, and there was a "Chapter 0", I'm guessing we'll get a final Laios chapter, then one or two chapters of tear jerking Marcille narrated epilogue.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

the last page explicitly says the next chapter is the final one

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Look, Ryoko Kui needs to wrap this up so she can have time to draw the entire cast of BG3 in various modern fashions.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
can't help noticing Laios seems rather unenthusiastic about the meal

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Alacron posted:

Look, Ryoko Kui needs to wrap this up so she can have time to draw the entire cast of BG3 in various modern fashions.

The only woman I can trust to show me what Karlach would look like in streetwear.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

RuBisCO posted:

Also wow yeah that lion cape is doing wonders for him.

Proof the clothes make the man... just don't let him talk much

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

kidcoelacanth posted:

the last page explicitly says the next chapter is the final one

Do you mean the "In the next chapter, the heroic tale of Laios reaches its grand finale!" part? The part I mentioned in my post?

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
I've entered the bargaining stage and I think I'm ready to accept the end of Dungeon Meshi, provided we get another 100 chapters of the adventurer's bible. Give me pics of the gang wearing the baggiest Christmas sweaters imaginable, forever

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Scholtz posted:

Do you mean the "In the next chapter, the heroic tale of Laios reaches its grand finale!" part? The part I mentioned in my post?

bitch i don't read

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

bitch i don't read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids