Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
God drat I want a Woundwort. One day I'll bite the bullet and pay the gently caress You tax and buy one.

Finished build 4 a couple nights ago and only just got around to uploading the pic. Definitely feels a bit unfinished; maybe that's only because I know the Zowort Heavy is a thing but the shoulders feel a bit naked and the knees look odd, like something is supposed to plug into them. Still, fun build, like all the kits I've done of this generation.

Probably not gonna get this started tonight cos I got other poo poo I wanna do, but I thought about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Backlogust 2023, week two

Spot where I stopped caring about consolidating posts.

boz posted:

Reposting as the way I formatted the pictures may have made it get skipped over for this last weeks tally

These were tabulated and logged, if I missed them.

Moai Ou posted:

HG PR Ambassador Gundam & Gold Top Petit'gguy

1 point for an HG, logged the next set. 1 additional point for the HG P-bandai, .5 for the Petitguy. 3x HG Core Gundams logged.

BisbyWorl posted:

Time for an HG Aile Strike.
Logged, 1 point for completion.

wdarkk posted:

Try Age Magnum completed, next up this P-Bandai Zogok.

1 point for the TAM, P-Bandai decisions logged.

mllaneza posted:

And it turned up again almost immediately after doomposting. So,

Complaining on the internet always solves the problem. Hindtree and Lfrith logged, 1 point for the Hindtree.

Tergaso posted:

HG Gundam Mk II complete, HG Zowort Heavy and MG Acguy started

Logged, 1 point for the Gundam MK II, 1 point for the Zowort completed,

nitsuga posted:

I wish this thing turned into a giant robot, but the chaos category will have to do.

CHAOS MODE: logged, unsure how many points it’ll be until it’s finished. Probably quite a few, cars are a pain in the rear end.

Asteroid Alert posted:

This Kamen Rider was a nice kit to build. Quite a few decals to put, but the end result is nice. The undergate engineering is also a stroke of genius, especially for the shiny parts.

Up next is the HG Aerial

1 point for the Rider, Aerial logged.

Queadlunn posted:

It's a lot of kit, this is the Daban 8814, a bootleg of the MG Astray Red Frame and the Metal Build Astray Powered Red Frame and 150 Gerbera Straight. The Metal Build isn't a kit, so this is some kind of derivative kit but still working pretty well so far?

(still in 1/100)

Logged as a single MG, I think? Correct me if I’m mistaken.

Sazabi posted:

Starting off a few days behind and with higher asperations than I can reasonably accomplish. But at least I'm finally getting them out of the pile.

3x RGs, logged.

kirbysuperstar posted:

here comes the boy

1 HG logged, 1 point for completion.

boz posted:

RG Zeta of horrors complete

Next up: Bootleg MG Phantom Zaku

2 points for the RG, bootleg logged.

Prof. Banks posted:

Finished! I don't know how people build so fast. It takes me like half an hour to put together a leg.

AEUG Mk-II is next.

1 HG complete for 1 point, 1 HG set up and logged.

Diet Poison posted:

Thorn down.

Next is supposed to be the Ur but I think they're like 75% the same kit, right? If so I might skip the Ur for now.

1 point for the HG Thorn, waiting to confirm the Ur with a timestamp.

BisbyWorl posted:

One more HG, then an RG I've had in my backlog for like a full year now, and then I'm done.

HG logged.

Done??? I know what that word means, but it doesn’t make sense in this context.

wdarkk posted:

Vayeate and Mercurius set up next.

1 point for the HG, V/M logged.

Asteroid Alert posted:

Aaaand we're done with the aerial.

RG Justice Gundam

1 point for the Aerial, RG logged.

parabolic posted:

HG Blue Destiny Unit 2 EXAM
HG Gyan
HG Death Army
MG F91
HG Lfrith Ur

And finally MG Mobile Ginn...

...which I have a completed picture for

Logged your attempts and gave you two points for the Ginn.

1 point.

Tergaso posted:

Hi!

Next up, a very partially completed HG Zeta 2.0 (I've only built the torso and the weapons.)

And this kit, which is only four sprues. (and a bunch of waterslides but I probably won't be bothering with those.)

2 points for the MG, logged the next attempts. I’m going to call it .5 for the Zeta and .5 for the weapons kit

chrome line posted:

Next up is the MG Gouf 2.0!

2 points for the Eva, MG logged.

boz posted:

Scrapped building the offbrand Zaku at the moment since I didn't properly sand down a tight joint and broke it.

Going with a non-Gundam grunt

Logged.

Tergaso posted:

I finished my expansion set for Daggers L/Windams.

.5 points.

wdarkk posted:

Vayeate and Mercurius were fun, I think they mostly used the Leo frame? Very simple assembly, even when you're building four arms at a time or something.

Gundam Geminass is up next.

IIRC they are similar but actually factually different frames. It's kinda weird to do either of 'em after a bunch of Leos. 2 points for the HGs, logged the Geminass.

El Burbo posted:

I won a Dubai ambassador Gundam from the youtuber zakuaurelius so I’m gonna do this one as my first build of the month

Logged.

Asteroid Alert posted:

This was an ok build, but a pain to keep together when starting to pose. Flimsy parts and the backpack part necessitates the action base to have it displayed somewhat potently.

2 points. I feel like that's a common issue with RGs, unfortunately.

Diet Poison posted:

Probably not gonna get this started tonight cos I got other poo poo I wanna do, but I thought about it.

1 point for the HG, next one logged.

I think that’s everybody. Shout at me if you got missed.

wdarkk is in the lead with six points, off of a high number of HGs. Tied for second at four points are chrome line, BisbyWorl, Tergaso, and Asteroid Alert.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Lfrith Ur done, again, RIP a real maniac.

In the whole, that's a really good kit. The caveat is, a lot of parts have a beveled edge that makes it harder than necessary to get clean cuts, and even with a lot of time and glass files I couldn't completely clean up the nib marks.

quote:

And here's my magnificent maniac. RIP Sophie.

There's something weird with whatever effect they added to the box cover. It does not want to be well-lit.

And I'm throwing down for another HG, the Pharact:

mllaneza fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Aug 14, 2023

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

wdarkk posted:

Vayeate and Mercurius were fun, I think they mostly used the Leo frame? Very simple assembly, even when you're building four arms at a time or something.

I wish the backpack wasn't so hollow but the gun is pretty nice.

Gundam Geminass is up next.

Nice little kit, I enjoyed it. A couple vents that were stickers that didn't feel like they should be.

I'll take a bit of time to deal with life stuff, then pick up the next kit.

Queadlunn
Dec 10, 2005

Yak Deculture!
Fallen Rib

grassy gnoll posted:

Backlogust 2023, week two

Logged as a single MG, I think? Correct me if I’m mistaken.

Oh, don't log me! I'm just messing around with kits, not backlog stuff. Sorry!

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Some great builds, I hope you all are having fun.

Tergaso
Mar 4, 2007

My God! Wooden eels! Surface! Surface!
Let me tell you, I'm not believing a sign of Zeta right now. The individual pieces seemed great, but once I put the Zeta together a good number of issues appeared. Joints feel weak, there's some oddities with mobility in the shoulders, and the compromises to make this a transforming suit were obvious.

Not much fancy posing here, this thing felt like it was about to do the splits and fall apart at the same time. I guess I'm glad to have a Zeta Gundam on my shelf.

Next up, in the vein of "Gunpla I wished I had when I was a kid but could never find in stores."

I really miss the cardboard insert covers these old MG kits have, I feel like they added to the anticipation of the experience.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Tergaso posted:

I really miss the cardboard insert covers these old MG kits have, I feel like they added to the anticipation of the experience.

I'm kind of surprised they still do them for reprints of old kits, it seems like an easy thing to drop to save a few bucks.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Queadlunn posted:

I'm trying some weird poo poo with the remainder of the Daban Astray kit I got. Kitbashing the big arms with a 1/100 TR-6 Woundwort kit I've had built but in storage for a while.

Got it roughed together fairly well, the arms are set into part of how they would be displayed in the Daban kit's instructions, then the whole assembly hooks into the Woundwort's drum frame. Should be fun to mess with.

Is that the CuteCube Woundwort? I've heard the original release was a horror story, have they updated the build at all or is it still a nightmare?

edit: Looks like it's a moot point since it's not available anywhere. :(

Pierson fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Aug 14, 2023

Queadlunn
Dec 10, 2005

Yak Deculture!
Fallen Rib

Pierson posted:

Is that the CuteCube Woundwort? I've heard the original release was a horror story, have they updated the build at all or is it still a nightmare?

edit: Looks like it's a moot point since it's not available anywhere. :(

Yeah, my spouse got it for me like 7 years ago. The construction isn't amazing and there were a few QC issues (including a bad, non critical part) but it's got the best proportions of all of the Woundwort kits I've seen. Some of the peg joints are somewhat loose but it's about on par with an earlier Kotobukiya kit and it doesn't transform.

Edit- I've been looking around for another of it and the kit seems to have vanished from the internet.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Queadlunn posted:

I'm trying some weird poo poo with the remainder of the Daban Astray kit I got. Kitbashing the big arms with a 1/100 TR-6 Woundwort kit I've had built but in storage for a while.

Got it roughed together fairly well, the arms are set into part of how they would be displayed in the Daban kit's instructions, then the whole assembly hooks into the Woundwort's drum frame. Should be fun to mess with.

FaaAtThERRR WHHhYYy

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

gonna decal my psycho zaku guns tongight and hopefully move on to the backpack soon I'm really behind due to irl stuff

Tergaso
Mar 4, 2007

My God! Wooden eels! Surface! Surface!
I know I said I was going to build that Gouf Custom MG, but I was able to pick this up and I really want to build it ASAP.

It's an older HG kit, number 65, and I was surprised to see how many stickers it came with. I think there's 78 types? Some are variants but this is more like the amount supplied with an HG Origin kit. Hoping it turns out nice.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Zudah's a neat suit, even if it cant look directly ahead.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I haven't finished the other model yet but I have hobby ADHD so I want to work on this thing for awhile before switching back

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

cant wait to see that gundam

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I hate whatever that is

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Gripweed posted:

I haven't finished the other model yet but I have hobby ADHD so I want to work on this thing for awhile before switching back

asparagus gundam

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

I hate whatever that is

Looks like a Tyranid. And for good or ill, most of Ultimar very much agrees with you.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is that the new winged Hive Tyrant thingie they teased for Leviathan?

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Judging by what we can see it's a Bamboo Tyrant

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

You were all wrong, it's evil trees. I assembled one last night

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
With a dragon skull in its roots.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Tbf the horns did look a lot like Tyranid carapace :v:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Kul0tsky/status/1691356209864192001?t=MHfVzXiqqWlZUsHAXviMAw&s=19

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Ehhh

Are there any waist fattening parts instead

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Starting Assault Booster & High Mobility Unit for Gundam Geminass. This is pretty hefty for an addon kit, it's got five runners and a longer instruction manual than the Zogok.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

Continuing with the Kamen Riders for Backlogust. This time Shin Kamen Rider

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

I like the waist extension as an idea, but it definitely needs more meat to it than that.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I still have some Orks to do but the Bomb Squig is pretty much done. Aerial for scale.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Might be the only one I do, but i'll make it a big one:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
not part of backlogust but i painted this hello kitty zaku custom i got for yospost secret santa last year. the pics dont really show it but i used a pearlescent clear topcoat which adds a nice finish to it
https://twitter.com/kuvosa/status/1691630183806328978

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

El Burbo posted:

I won a Dubai ambassador Gundam from the youtuber zakuaurelius so I’m gonna do this one as my first build of the month

Finished. First time buildings revive rx-78-2, plus this version has some extra bits here and there. Though the crotch V annoyed me as it does with many of these older HGs, especially since the entry grade does it just fine. Painted it in, maybe a bit crusty.

Next, Daryl bald

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

give me fatter Aerial thighs

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

Asteroid Alert posted:

Continuing with the Kamen Riders for Backlogust. This time Shin Kamen Rider

Cranked it out quite quick. The belt stickers were the worst part, as they kept on sliding off constantly. Otherwise, an OK kit. Compared to Blade, this was an inferior building experience.

Next up: MGSD MF-X10A Freedom Gundam.

Might be building this for a longer while. Trying to avoid being burnt out since cranking out kits is surprisingly fast, especially HG's.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

TaurusOxford posted:

Might be the only one I do, but i'll make it a big one:

That thing owns and I immediately love it

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!
Right. So I just took a commission on building a gundam. Clean snap build, nothing else.

Do any of you build kits for money? What do you ask to do a kit? I'm building this one for token dollars, not my actual planned asking price.

We'll see if I hate myself after building this thing.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I regret everything about my life but I did just sink a little over seventy dollars on a psycho gundam kit because I love mobile armors and always wanted a psycho gundam and saw that one site had it on sale. Incidentally the shipping on that poo poo made it cost only one or two dollars less than if I'd gotten it anywhere else, I checked. But by god did it save me a couple of dollars. But at least through all of this I was able to determine which sites would give me the best shipping.

EDIT: also for the record, this is still cheaper than driving all the way downtown and buying it from don quijote if they have it. Kits that cost 30+shipping online cost like 50-60 there for some reason.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Aug 16, 2023

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Nuebot posted:

I regret everything about my life but I did just sink a little over seventy dollars on a psycho gundam kit because I love mobile armors and always wanted a psycho gundam and saw that one site had it on sale. Incidentally the shipping on that poo poo made it cost only one or two dollars less than if I'd gotten it anywhere else, I checked. But by god did it save me a couple of dollars. But at least through all of this I was able to determine which sites would give me the best shipping.

EDIT: also for the record, this is still cheaper than driving all the way downtown and buying it from don quijote if they have it. Kits that cost 30+shipping online cost like 50-60 there for some reason.

Is it the HG one? Because that one is pretty cool, really nice and solid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

RillAkBea posted:

Is it the HG one? Because that one is pretty cool, really nice and solid.

Yeah, I'm sitting here hoping they'll release either a perfect zeong or psycho gundam MKII HG sometime soon now. Though, I should probably get a zeta kit just to pose the two together I guess.