Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Buck Wildman posted:

basically "no dlc/service-related things" is my skim of it
i think it's just that people are like "wow, i didn't know people could make good games" and some developers being hurt by the implication that theirs are poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

battlebits anyone?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

A Buttery Pastry posted:

i think it's just that people are like "wow, i didn't know people could make good games" and some developers being hurt by the implication that theirs are poo poo

lol if true I thought it was no micro and people appreciate that was what they were sore over

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

oh NVM kinda tied up ATM 😴

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Arivia posted:

lol who/what/why are they melting down

The game is good without being an obnoxious live service while also being stunningly successful. They don't want people demanding more games like it lol

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

A Buttery Pastry posted:

they were asking about bg3 not battlebit

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
its not fair when games make a bunch of money because theyre good

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

now everyone wants bear loving in their games do you have any idea how much that costs, the mocap alone

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

The next couple of months will have AC 6 and Starfield and Phantom Liberty and AssCreed Mirage and Alan Wake 2

looking forward to all of that.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

AC6 is gonna be lit, cant wait

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

AC6 is gonna be lit, cant wait

thought you were being ironic until i realized ac means armored core

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Buck Wildman posted:

now everyone wants bear loving in their games do you have any idea how much that costs, the mocap alone

If you can't meet the bear minimum don't even bother

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

hot new dlc in mortal kombat 1: bear fuckality

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Buck Wildman posted:

hot new dlc in mortal kombat 1: bear fuckality

theyre going to make Nudalities real

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Buck Wildman posted:

guy modelling shrinking horse balls: "i can't believe this is what they're making me do, but at least it's just gonna be a one-off thing. next game i'm gonna model something cool"

*5 years later*

his boss: "we're gonna need you to model the most realistic bear pussy ever"

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

35 bears to gently caress in the new assassin's creed map if you want the best sword

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

You ever see that GDC talk by some Destiny uppity up talking about how making good video games is overdelivery and quality doesn't matter? That's the real future of gaming

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Sadly we are in crackpinged hellword in this, TYOOL 2023

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

DaysBefore posted:

You ever see that GDC talk by some Destiny uppity up talking about how making good video games is overdelivery and quality doesn't matter? That's the real future of gaming

going off Games; they’re right

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I'm just offended that people are using Baldur's Gate 3 as an example of a good game.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Al! posted:

thought you were being ironic until i realized ac means armored core

Too many games using AC as an abbreviation these days. Ace Combat, Armored Core, Assassin's Creed. One of them's gotta change their name and I think we all know who the weak link in that trio is.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

DaysBefore posted:

lol loving bungie

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Al! posted:

from counter programming against starfield is brave but im looking forward to both games

Starfield is gonna be the worst videogame I ever play for 200 hours, I can't wait lol

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

1stGear posted:

Too many games using AC as an abbreviation these days. Ace Combat, Armored Core, Assassin's Creed. One of them's gotta change their name and I think we all know who the weak link in that trio is.

Obviously Armored Core since it's a dead franchise that hasn't put out a good game in over a decade.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Lib and let die posted:

lol loving bungie

It's psychotic lol (and he's basically right)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLbvMWEAoyY

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Lostconfused posted:

I'm just offended that people are using Baldur's Gate 3 as an example of a good game.
a clear example of the political ratchet in gaming

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1688907882673078272?s=20

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

third time it got posted itt, still unbelievable

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

DaysBefore posted:

Starfield is gonna be the worst videogame I ever play for 200 hours, I can't wait lol

I’ll probably play it for 20 hours then put it down due to janky level scaling and buggy gameplay and then wait 5 months for modders to make 50 mods to make it good then play it for 200 hrs. after spending 50 hours trying to get the mods to work of course

all hope rests upon the blessed modders whom free labor enables the extraction of surplus labor powe

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

To be honest If I start playing Starfield I will probably play it rather than BG3 not because it is a better game but because I know I will burn out trying to play BG3 so I need every chance I get to do something else or my ADHD-crippled brain is going to keep poking me to play the better game. Whereas if I play Starfield I'll be so bored I can start focusing on something else other than my computer for a minute.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i have dabbled with D&D in meatspace a few times, but mostly stuck to MUDs and video games, so i had kind of a blindspot for the giant amount of crazy racists that are very invested into the demographics of D&D worlds and boy are they having a normal one with BG3 lmao

https://twitter.com/EzhmaarSul/status/1688580328942706690

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

the aaa dev meltdown over bg3 is a great sign for the second gamer coming being sooner than we think

the second gamer coming usually happens around noon

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

smarxist posted:

i have dabbled with D&D in meatspace a few times, but mostly stuck to MUDs and video games, so i had kind of a blindspot for the giant amount of crazy racists that are very invested into the demographics of D&D worlds and boy are they having a normal one with BG3 lmao

jesus christ lmao

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

in the realm of the chaste the modernist pervert is king

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Retrofuturist pervert: the polycule has a dress code based on Futurama

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Xaris posted:

I’ll probably play it for 20 hours then put it down due to janky level scaling and buggy gameplay and then wait 5 months for modders to make 50 mods to make it good then play it for 200 hrs. after spending 50 hours trying to get the mods to work of course

all hope rests upon the blessed modders whom free labor enables the extraction of surplus labor powe

ill play it when the mods make u cumm

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

smarxist posted:

From that list I understand that is degenerate to not be white

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

modding bg3 to play barry white's come on during any flirtatious dialogue so Normal people know to plug their ears and go LALALALA until it's over

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

he's not even making a mod yet he's just building a list of things he objects to lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

tbf theres playersexual and then theres playersexual harassment, which bg3 has in spades