Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Deformed Church posted:

I think england are going to beat australia and we'll be so unbearable about it it'll be the final nail in the coffin for the monarchy in australia.

That would be fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
England are going to win the FIFA 2023 Women’s World Cup in Australia.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

britishbornandbread posted:

England are going to win the FIFA 2023 Women’s World Cup in Australia.

Thanks Ants posted:

That would be fine

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Deformed Church posted:

I think england are going to beat australia and we'll be so unbearable about it it'll be the final nail in the coffin for the monarchy in australia.

Oh no now I'm not sure which I would prefer

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

England trying to talk mad poo poo for a country that has never brought it home

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
I'd trade the matildas winning for loving off the monarchy once and for all.

But, por que no los dos?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Sam Kerr for president

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I think the monarchy loving off will happen by itself within a decade anyway

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Kerr's Currs gangtag when?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

thatbastardken posted:

YES

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Thanks Ants posted:

I think the monarchy loving off will happen by itself within a decade anyway

Don't get my hopes up

Buffis
Apr 29, 2006

I paid for this
Fallen Rib
Pretty cute to see English and Australian fans being so excited about the opportunity of getting beat up by Sweden in the Finals.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

thatbastardken posted:

Arnold's Army :colbert:

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Buffis posted:

Pretty cute to see English and Australian fans being so excited about the opportunity of getting beat up by Sweden in the Finals.

ITS
KOMING HOME via
ERINSBOROUGH
AIRPORT

:colbert:

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007

thatbastardken posted:

QFT

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I hope the team that starts with an S and ends with an N wins today

And the fans of the team starting with an S and ending with an N can get hosed

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Let's go Sweden.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

im hoping for penos

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Sweden are going to Greece 2004 this tournament

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Is the women’s spanish team as detestable as the men’s team. Not sure who to root for here

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Well that was dangerous.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Spain has looked better so far.

2Fast2Nutricious
Oct 4, 2020

Spain is looking good here, they are getting plenty chances to do something great.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
For all their neat passing Spain give off a feeling they’ll inexplicably gently caress up something simple and give a goal away.

lmao how was that not a foul

Vegetable posted:

Is the women’s spanish team as detestable as the men’s team. Not sure who to root for here

This kind of stuff is why a lot of the comments in the thread ring hollow to me, pretty much all the women’s teams and their supporters here have come across perfectly fine so attributing old rivalries and dislikes based on the bullshit surrounding their male equivalents and their fans feels rather unfair and misplaced.

Although when it comes to an example of a team probably justifying it due to huffing its own farts then yeah, the US did fit the bill this time round.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Where's the hand ba.. oh

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

This is some quality shithousing from Spain

Lyesh
Apr 9, 2003

Spain's doing really well controlling and stealing the ball, but they're having trouble finishing. sweden's actually getting called on fouls though. somehow.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
There is still a cloud over this Spanish team with more than 10 players boycotting the coach and the federation telling them not to be so emotional or whatever they did.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

webmeister posted:

This is some quality shithousing from Spain

Grubtastic footy

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

Sentinel Red posted:

This kind of stuff is why a lot of the comments in the thread ring hollow to me, pretty much all the women’s teams and their supporters here have come across perfectly fine so attributing old rivalries and dislikes based on the bullshit surrounding their male equivalents and their fans feels rather unfair and misplaced.

Although when it comes to an example of a team probably justifying it due to huffing its own farts then yeah, the US did fit the bill this time round.

Yeah, there are no women footballers whose legs are insured for £100 million, their wages are not astronomical in any way and most national federations barely support women's teams still. The girls play because they really want to, they juggle having kids, studying or working with playing. They are infinitely cooler than male footballers.

The only nation that deserves the schadenfreude is the one that calls the game 'soccer' and hypes their own team to the point everyone has had enough of them.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

My bad, I wasn’t familiar with the women’s teams

2Fast2Nutricious
Oct 4, 2020

Does anyone see these graphics? Feels like I'm watching a commercial for a mobile game.

Lyesh
Apr 9, 2003

The commercials that all use USWNT players are getting funnier as we get further into the tournament

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Vegetable posted:

But to answer your question yes the Spanish ladies are almost certainly all doping like their male counterparts. As all other spanish athletes are obviously

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

2 bad teams.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

Vegetable posted:

If it helps, the Spain coach is a divisive figure (to put it politely), last year lots of players wrote an open letter to the federation saying that they won't be playing for the national team with him in charge: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/sep/30/jorge-vilda-leaves-out-15-internationals-and-refuses-to-step-down-as-spain-coach
The federation backed him and he did call up some of the protesting girls for this tournament (but not all of them) so the situation's still kinda tense. There were lots of highlights from the quarter finals where the team celebrated going through to semis and the coach standing completely alone, with no one from his own team willing to even shake his hand.

France had a similar problem with a universally hated manager that refused to call up Lyon players but she was finally sacked last year.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

habeasdorkus posted:

2 bad teams.

Hopefully the rain will improve things

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Terminally Bored posted:

If it helps, the Spain coach is a divisive figure (to put it politely), last year lots of players wrote an open letter to the federation saying that they won't be playing for the national team with him in charge: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/sep/30/jorge-vilda-leaves-out-15-internationals-and-refuses-to-step-down-as-spain-coach
The federation backed him and he did call up some of the protesting girls for this tournament (but not all of them) so the situation's still kinda tense. There were lots of highlights from the quarter finals where the team celebrated going through to semis and the coach standing completely alone, with no one from his own team willing to even shake his hand.

France had a similar problem with a universally hated manager that refused to call up Lyon players but she was finally sacked last year.

what is he alleged to have done that is so bad? that article doesn’t really elaborate. Is it a #metoo thing or is he just making them run up too many hills in training?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

This second half has been great, Sweden have really come alive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
It's really unclear but I'm gonna guess it's some sexpest thing.