Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Who is Kim Kremlin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Kim: Kremlin is Kim.Com’s cousin i recon

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The Axis of Evil is back, baby!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Disco Pope posted:

Who is Kim Kremlin?

Isn’t that from Better Call Tsar?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Translation, I'm gonna rinse your country of as much free military gear as possible while ''promising'' stuff at a future date**

**No set date

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2023/08/15/7415643/
It appears the fatality in the training accident from yesterday was the commander of the air base. A senior flight instructor who was also in the plane ended up in hospital badly injured.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
Russia is totally a respectable democracy! Look we have votes and everything, very legit!

*only countries willing to be seen with russia are notable bastions of individual freedom and accessible political leadership like north korea, iran and some african dictatorships*

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Icept posted:

Russia is totally a respectable democracy! Look we have votes and everything, very legit!

*only countries willing to be seen with russia are notable bastions of individual freedom and accessible political leadership like north korea, iran and some african dictatorships*

Didn't they outright call the elections an administrative formality recently?

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Disco Pope posted:

Didn't they outright call the elections an administrative formality recently?

Yes. Pretty much saying that "its up to Putin to decide if he wants to do this song and dance number or not" referring to if they are having an election to elect Putin or not.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

zone posted:

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2023/08/15/7415643/
It appears the fatality in the training accident from yesterday was the commander of the air base. A senior flight instructor who was also in the plane ended up in hospital badly injured.

"I am going to show you how NOT to fly a plane. This is very dangerous, and I will only be able to do this once so pay close attention, cadets!"

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Der Kyhe posted:

Yes. Pretty much saying that "its up to Putin to decide if he wants to do this song and dance number or not" referring to if they are having an election to elect Putin or not.

They were also complaining about how much money it would cost to organize even a sham election.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Diplomacy and rapist extraordinaire Andrew Tate has a fresh take on the conflict

How are all of these grifters getting the same type of brainworms

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Der Kyhe posted:

It's honestly been surprising to what efforts he went to to bother to pretend he wasn't just a dictator. Is his rule that tenuous?

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

Because reinforcing their marks' pre-existing assertions is the only move they have. Where the stupid go, they follow, and they have no agency on the matter whatsoever.

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

There's a vid with a half dozen or more supply trucks completely taken out by a HIMARS tungsten strike. I'd link it but near the end there's some blood (or some other fluid but to be safe) in a truck cab. Those strikes are so effective because just a couple pellets in the right spot can take a vehicle completely out of service.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

mobby_6kl posted:

Diplomacy and rapist extraordinaire Andrew Tate has a fresh take on the conflict

By destroying native capabilities, does he mean Europe shelling out money to rearm itself and revitalize its defense industries? This fool, like others before him, only has the loss of his hopes to look forward to.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

mobby_6kl posted:

Wasn't he supposed to be jailed in a Romanian dungeon or something?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tafferling posted:

Wasn't he supposed to be jailed in a Romanian dungeon or something?
He was but somehow he got better apparently

Big rear end On Fire posted:

There's a vid with a half dozen or more supply trucks completely taken out by a HIMARS tungsten strike. I'd link it but near the end there's some blood (or some other fluid but to be safe) in a truck cab. Those strikes are so effective because just a couple pellets in the right spot can take a vehicle completely out of service.

You have PMs? A... friend of mine is curious.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

mobby_6kl posted:

It's a minor step up from ranting about demons/ghosts and whatever other cringey "fite me irl" poo poo that this cretin was posting during his time under house arrest, but it's still nonsense.

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

"I am going to show you how NOT to fly a plane. This is very dangerous, and I will only be able to do this once so pay close attention, cadets!"

lol

kru
Oct 5, 2003

The Lone Badger posted:

Britain certainly liked the idea even when described in precisely those terms.

England, us Scots are sensible

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1691183191204167680

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Arivia posted:

Isn’t that from Better Call Tsar?
Nah, you're thinking of Tsar vs. the Forces of Evil. Show really jumped the shark when it transitioned from "Tsar is a fish out of water as a visitor in a strange land called Europe" to "Tsar enlists an unlikely pack of friends to grapple with the evils of his kingdom's past."

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Spazzle posted:

It's honestly been surprising to what efforts he went to to bother to pretend he wasn't just a dictator. Is his rule that tenuous?

Why bother now? He's alienated anyone else I can think of who isn't also an authoritarian brute, so there's no need for geopolitical kayfabe anymore.

Another example of the Kremlin's "I know that you know and you know that I know you know but if you show that you know out a window you go."

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

kru posted:

England, us Scots are sensible

Let's not give ourselves that much credit.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

This is gross...

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

This is loving dark. It makes one wonder if they only got threatened into giving this speech, or if they got beaten in non-visible areas too... all for listening to a fuckin Ukrainian pop song at a water park. Russia's hosed

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1691447956959027201

quote:

Despite a recent statement by Russian defense minister Sergei Shoigu that the task of the "special military operation" is to release Russian soldiers from Ukrainian captivity, not all Russian pows want to be exchanged: "Some prisoners ask the Ukrainian authorities to delay their exchange until after their military contracts have expired so that they are not compelled to fight again. A few ask not to be returned at all" - The Economist.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Looking forward to Putin being forced into hosting Dennis Rodman for a weekend at Kim's behest and having to drop whatever the russian translation to "juche" is into his speeches while he begs for their rotten crates of 1934 vintage ammo and bec-de-corbin polearms that russia somehow lost the know-how and industrial capacity to manufacture.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

HonorableTB posted:

Ukraine and Russia will never, ever be brotherly neighbors again. It's hard to articulate the fraternal feeling of betrayal that layers many Ukrainians' feelings towards Russia. The fact that the two countries were so close, culturally and historically (yes even through the imperial oppression of the Russian Empire, many Ukrainians considered themselves to be siblings of a sort to the Russian person and vice versa), makes this war and invasion have destroyed any hope of that ever returning. Russia and Ukraine will never return to the pre-war dynamic and you're only going to see those differences grow as Ukraine continues to assert its own nationalism and culture and rejecting that which is Russian

Not to mention apparent widespread rejection of outcry that Ukrainian relatives gave to their Russian relatives. It was pretty disgusting. The break is permanent this time.

Mederlock posted:

This is loving dark. It makes one wonder if they only got threatened into giving this speech, or if they got beaten in non-visible areas too... all for listening to a fuckin Ukrainian pop song at a water park. Russia's hosed

Threatened if not tortured. Russia has basically made torture their go to given the number of torture chambers being found by advancing Ukrainian forces.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Aug 15, 2023

zone
Dec 6, 2016

shadow puppet of a posted:

Looking forward to Putin being forced into hosting Dennis Rodman for a weekend at Kim's behest and having to drop whatever the russian translation to "juche" is into his speeches while he begs for their rotten crates of 1934 vintage ammo and bec-de-corbin polearms that russia somehow lost the know-how and industrial capacity to manufacture.

Pretend it says North Korea here

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

They seems to be doing this a lot lately; this guy was dragged off the beach and made to apologize and praise Russia after filming air defense in action:

https://twitter.com/ChrisO_wiki/status/1690407041674747904

These are the kind of creepy "proof-of-life" videos you universally see from authoritarian regimes. No different from those other prepared statement videos, which are 100% natural and not made under duress whatsoever, that you see when some poverty-tourist is arrested in North Korea for "crimes against the regime", or someone in China makes an accusation of a party official and winds up disappeared to some remote village.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:
That racist woman ranting against the Dagestanis in the cafe the other day had a forced apology video posted like 6 hours after the original video surfaced.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

:dogstare:

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Eh I find the testimony vids sus tbh

Same with the masked "Our commanders suck!" vids. Both sides are pumping em out

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Someone find that post of the person who said that North Korea was the morally legitimate Korea and AMERICA BAD!!! and got clowned on super hard

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
"We paean the Russian Federation. We paean their great leader Vladimir Putin".

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

Dandywalken posted:

Eh I find the testimony vids sus tbh

Same with the masked "Our commanders suck!" vids. Both sides are pumping em out

sus is cringe breh no cap

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

sus is older than gen z ya dingus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU