Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1018362

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copy
Jul 26, 2007

A Sometimes Food posted:

So huh. Denji is fully aware of the other Chainsaw?

Or is he saying that as part of his pretend to be normal deal.

i think he means that it was pochita who fought the weapons while he was getting ready to gank makima during that fight

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
See Yoshida, that is how you get people to sign up.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Did you teleport?! :lol:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Butts feel good

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Butts feel good

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Mighty good Denji faces this chapter

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Add another dodo to the cast. Love that Fumiko instantly got in on the denji chair game + is a massive bird brain

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

Did you teleport?! :lol:

Part of me is wondering if that's just a joke, the other part is thinking it might be that some shapeshifter/other devil nonsense has been going on and this is a clue.

And the best part is that it could be either.

Edit: Also I hope it's not because I want to meet the other weapon people so bad dammit Denji join the church for real

Parasol Prophet fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Aug 15, 2023

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I already really like Sugo, way better than SA-Chan.

I also don’t trust Sugo

E: Also I like that The Control Devil made a government organization to get their goals, and The Famine Devil made a church

Bread Set Jettison fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Aug 15, 2023

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

So, between steak, sushi, or Chinese food, which would you pick to eat every day?

I guess I'd have to make sure to not eat too much fish/heavy metals but I'd pick sushi.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Seeing the weapons again will be fun, but lowkey the best part of Denji deciding to join the church is he can see Asa again

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Gonna be incredibly awkward if there's a Gun Man at the church

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
To recruit Denji you gotta find someone who thinks like Denji

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
God damnit Denji.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Jerkface posted:

Seeing the weapons again will be fun, but lowkey the best part of Denji deciding to join the church is he can see Asa Reze again

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

clearly fujimoto has chosen to remind us of the pochita fight because there really are two denjis. denji rips out his heart every day so pochita can be a cover identity that goes to class and joins the chainsaw man church while denji pursues his true calling as a chair, which is content in its own way.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Denji being ultra fast if it can get him laid makes a lot of sense, and him trying to act cool after just makes it even funnier

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Scholtz posted:

So, between steak, sushi, or Chinese food, which would you pick to eat every day?

I guess I'd have to make sure to not eat too much fish/heavy metals but I'd pick sushi.

chinese food for sure, it’s such a broad spectrum you could probably have a unique dish for a year straight before running into repeats.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
heck, i could eat just americanized chinese food every day. i love that garbage.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

heck, i could eat just americanized chinese food every day. i love that garbage.

:same:

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
As a vegetarian I'm so loving glad the token option is Chinese, that's a hell of a spectrum to choose from daily

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I’m very curious what Chinese food is in Japan. They can’t be talking about general gaos

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Scallop Eyes posted:

Denji being ultra fast if it can get him laid makes a lot of sense, and him trying to act cool after just makes it even funnier

Nah, the more I think about it the more I think shenanigans are afoot.

Like, we've seen him take off at the prospect of affection, back in the hotel arc. We did not see him go from being a chair to waiting casually at least two flights downstairs from the same door Sword Guy just walked through, which he presumably would've had to go through also.

Unless the next chapter opens up with "Yeah, there's another door to the roof" or a shot of the top-floor window he swung/crashed through to get there first (which it could), that's not actually Denji. I'll call it here.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I loving love that we can't tell if the "teleport" thing is a gag or a serious clue at the machinations going on behind the scenes

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

Bread Set Jettison posted:

I’m very curious what Chinese food is in Japan. They can’t be talking about general gaos

To my understanding, it stereotypically means gyoza, mapo tofu, fried rice, and... ramen. Because ramen uses Chinese noodles. It's why Min Min the Chinese-themed character from Arms/Smash has a ramen bowl for a hat, for example.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I was hoping for a panel of Fumiko being thrown into the air or just falling to the ground after her chair disappeared.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

MorningMoon posted:

I loving love that we can't tell if the "teleport" thing is a gag or a serious clue at the machinations going on behind the scenes

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I liked how Denji and Fumiko shared the same braincell there for a bit.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
My man definitely jumped off the roof and dashed up the stairs as fast as he could

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Electric Phantasm posted:

Butts feel good

"chairs are content in their own way" is such a great line

christ i love this series

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
While I’m willing to believe that Denji jumped off the roof and in through a window in order to get ahead of Sugo, I’m also willing to believe there are shenanigans afoot.

I’ve noticed in this most recent segment that Denji has absolutely huge bags under his eyes. I’m looking through older chapters and even in part two he doesn’t tend to have so many lines under his eyes. Just tired because of the most recent events or is there something going on?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Girls in Denji's class think he's kinda cute and he's too much of a dumb-dumb scared boy to hit them up. :(

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Das Boo posted:

Girls in Denji's class think he's kinda cute and he's too much of a dumb-dumb scared boy to hit them up. :(

Was about to post about this and ask if I'm reading "He's like a mash-up of Denji and the student council president." right.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
That does at least imply they consider Denji to have positive qualities to combine with the President. Maybe.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
Denji has plenty of good qualities

-obedient
-extremely stable core

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Look, he's given this a lot of thought

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Denji's good qualities just aren't easy to see for classmates. Like Asa's journey of watching him was

"He's picking up litter? That's kind..."
"Oh, he's using it to scam the homeless."
"Oh, he needs the money for his... kid sister? And weirdly respectful of the rules against students having part-time jobs."

You just have to accept the horrifying details behind the wholesome acts. Like how he's a pretty decent chef, had lots of practice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Cephas posted:

Denji has plenty of good qualities

-obedient
-extremely stable core

- impervious to honeytra-- wait, never mind