Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Mekchu posted:

trying to find a new show to watch but am stuck so i've been rewatching venture bros

watch amazon’s the tick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

There’s just nothing on TV anymore so I went back to the old classics, those telltale markers of lovely taste, that ushered in the era of trash TV, goons. #Winning Haters stay cucked.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

im listening to william friedkins memoir and it pwns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLEN7WsAQMQ

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Try Rick & Morton and Bojack Horsemen.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

theres a new hypnospace outlaw game? sick

It's on game pass and it's pretty cool, keep your expectations in check and you'll have a good time. It's a Doom like shooter supposedly made by Zack based on his Slayers X comic but it's a surprisingly good shooter and has a lot of the same balance between poking fun and genuine love for dumbass Geocities teens. It's a bit more one note but eh

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

It's on game pass

lets freaking go

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

lets freaking go

The dev posts in character as Zack on the Steam forums and when there was a bug on the Game Pass version (quicksaves don't work or something) he explained that when he designed the game back in high school game pass hadn't been invented so he doesn't know how to fix it lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The dev posts in character as Zack on the Steam forums and when there was a bug on the Game Pass version (quicksaves don't work or something) he explained that when he designed the game back in high school game pass hadn't been invented so he doesn't know how to fix it lol

Lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lol

Zodar
May 21, 2007

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Rewatched Michael Mann's Thief. The cinematography is so crisp and it has a lot of pathos since James Caan's character spends all his best years in prison. The Tangerine Dream soundtrack is perfect. I realized this time that Pleasure of Tension from the MSX version of Snatcher is a riff on Thief's opening theme.

its so drat good. it's great to watch back-to-back with Heat; its like Mann takes Caan's character in Thief and splits him into a whole ensemble cast of men doomed by their work

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Slayers X seems like the gimmick would get tiresome past the third stage. Farewell.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

over halfway through Azumanga now, power ranking so far:

Kagura
Osaka
Chiyo
Sakaki
Tomo
Yomi

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Try Rick & Morton and Bojack Horsemen.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

Zodar posted:

its so drat good. it's great to watch back-to-back with Heat; its like Mann takes Caan's character in Thief and splits him into a whole ensemble cast of men doomed by their work

both films have the best diner conversation scenes ever filmed. Mann can make a conversation as intense and interesting as the action and a lot of other directors forget that balance.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull posted:

There’s just nothing on TV anymore so I went back to the old classics, those telltale markers of lovely taste, that ushered in the era of trash TV, goons. #Winning Haters stay cucked.

lmao

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

ArfJason posted:

Slayers X seems like the gimmick would get tiresome past the third stage. Farewell.

Yeah it's pretty one note but it actually has good level design and fun level gimmicks so I don't think it really outstays its welcome, it's only about 2 hours long

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

ghosthorse posted:

both films have the best diner conversation scenes ever filmed. Mann can make a conversation as intense and interesting as the action and a lot of other directors forget that balance.

Actually that honour belongs to the film where Werner Herzog eats a shoe.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

this is fixed now along with a bunch of other game pass version bugs. Zane is working with a porting team to bring that version up to parity with the Steam version which can be a slow process. and yea he gets a bit wild on the steam forums for the game.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Gaspy Conana posted:

this is fixed now along with a bunch of other game pass version bugs. Zane is working with a porting team to bring that version up to parity with the Steam version which can be a slow process. and yea he gets a bit wild on the steam forums for the game.

That whole side of dealing with Xbox seems like an absolute nightmare for devs lol. Hardspace Shipbreaker deleted all my saves after 10 hours and the devs just had to kind of helplessly shrug their shoulders when I told them it was the game pass version

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

started watching new season of how to with john wilson. big lol at the missile silo guy revealing his arcade game room + marital strife caused by him chasing his dreams

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021
Dandadan guy has lost his mind lol. dandadan ftw

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Started watching Andor. It tries to be this hard boiled prestige thing but then a big Star Wars alien comes along, takes a big poo poo and says “shubba wooba dooby”

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Started watching Andor. It tries to be this hard boiled prestige thing but then a big Star Wars alien comes along, takes a big poo poo and says “shubba wooba dooby”

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

everytime a big new star wars show comes out everyone screams NO THIS ONE IS GOOD, REALLY, THEY BRING LUKE BACK

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

lol

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

lmao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Yeah it rules

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

We rewatched the LOTR trilogy and it made me wanna read the books again so I started with the hobbit. I forgot how funny it is

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

lmao

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

extremebuff posted:

everytime a big new star wars show comes out everyone screams NO THIS ONE IS GOOD, REALLY, THEY BRING LUKE BACK

Nah Andor is pretty good and doesn't do any of that poo poo but it has the exact Rogue One problem of trying to be a serious gritty story in an exceptionally silly setting

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

lmao

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
if you give anything star wars related a second of your time you are a tool

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Been on that Canterbury Tales. poo poo’s mad good. The Miller’s tale ftw.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Been on that Canterbury Tales. poo poo’s mad good. The Miller’s tale ftw.

The Friar and Summoner's beefing with their tales was funny as hell

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Nutmeg posted:

if you give anything star wars related a second of your time you are a tool

Oh?

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Pablo Nergigante posted:

We rewatched the LOTR trilogy and it made me wanna read the books again so I started with the hobbit. I forgot how funny it is

the hobbit is such a good book. my great uncle got me a copy when i was 9 and it was my favorite bedtime book for a long time

been rereading stephen kings night shift. i love his short story compilations

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Joey McChrist posted:

the hobbit is such a good book. my great uncle got me a copy when i was 9 and it was my favorite bedtime book for a long time

The movie adaptation is stellar. Give it a shot if you haven't seen it, you won't be disappointed. Its definitely an Oscar contender.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Joey McChrist posted:

skeleton crew is my favorite. i think his short stories have always been better than his novels, and especially so lately