Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

The movie adaptation is stellar. Give it a shot if you haven't seen it, you won't be disappointed. Its definitely an Oscar contender.

I saw a zoomer the other day saying they "didn't know anyone disliked the Hobbit movies" and had to stare at the wall for 5 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I saw a zoomer the other day saying they "didn't know anyone disliked the Hobbit movies" and had to stare at the wall for 5 minutes

Oblivion Breton.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Oblivion Breton.

Lol

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

In Training posted:

The movie adaptation is stellar. Give it a shot if you haven't seen it, you won't be disappointed. Its definitely an Oscar contender.

very sick movie, it makes you feel like you're really there, with the hobbits

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Oblivion Breton.

lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

As someone who works around zoomers all the time, im surprised they weren't immediately mocked by their fellow zoomers lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Oblivion Breton.

tmfc posted:

lol

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

In Training posted:

tmfc posted:

Wormskull posted:

Oblivion Breton.

lmfao

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

tmfc posted:

Lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

watched the first ep of telemarketers which was pretty insane. Patrick sounds kinda like DSP

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Randomly watching fight club for the first time since I was a teenager. I think I internalised a lot of this crap as a youth, but now I think that Edward Norton’s ikea house is loving sick. I’d rather live there than in the pee pee poo poo house where you get punched in the face every day.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
hell. maybe i am my loving khakis!

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Randomly watching fight club for the first time since I was a teenager. I think I internalised a lot of this crap as a youth, but now I think that Edward Norton’s ikea house is loving sick. I’d rather live there than in the pee pee poo poo house where you get punched in the face every day.

Lmao

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I am Jack's completely full brogrund.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Watched a UFC guy uppercut Danger Ehren in the nutsack,

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Uncle Frank posted:

Dandadan guy has lost his mind lol. dandadan ftw

Dandadan is based.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Uncle Frank posted:

Dandadan guy has lost his mind lol. dandadan ftw

ArfJason posted:

Dandadan is based.

:hai:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
dandadans art makes it impossible to read other weekly mangas. jujutsu kaisen especially is embarrassing in contrast

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

dandadans art makes it impossible to read other weekly mangas. jujutsu kaisen especially is embarrassing in contrast

its insane how bad the jjk manga looks and how good the anime looks

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Fungah! posted:

its insane how bad the jjk manga looks and how good the anime looks

my hero academia has the same problem but its bad regardless….. i winder if theres a shounen jump phenomenon of manga that are purposefully slapdash in anticipation of an anime adaptation

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
dandadan is getting an anime right? I wonder if they'll go all out with it or try to keep it a reasonable budget

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ArfJason posted:

dandadan is getting an anime right? I wonder if they'll go all out with it or try to keep it a reasonable budget

nothin official yet, god they'd better go all out when it happens though

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

finished Urth of the New Sun last night. it rules from page 1. I wish it had a little more meandering train of thought but it's short and action packed so it makes sense

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Arch Nemesis posted:

finished Urth of the New Sun last night. it rules from page 1. I wish it had a little more meandering train of thought but it's short and action packed so it makes sense

i love the back end where severian pinballs between suicidal despair and trying to empathize with god lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

my hero academia has the same problem but its bad regardless….. i winder if theres a shounen jump phenomenon of manga that are purposefully slapdash in anticipation of an anime adaptation

Don’t think too hard about why comics for Japanese 8 year olds are bad dude.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Don’t think too hard about why comics for Japanese 8 year olds are bad dude.

lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Fist of the North Star getting a new adaptation, feeling cautiously optimistic

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i logged into the imp zone so that i could say that i watched the Frasier revival trailer whenever it came out and felt weirdly sick to my stomach, and now i can't shake it. i can't stop thinking about it.

i try to remember where i put my middle-aged glasses and hear kelsey grammer say "......not in jeaaaaans..." and feel a kind of vertigo.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

i logged into the imp zone so that i could say that i watched the Frasier revival trailer whenever it came out and felt weirdly sick to my stomach, and now i can't shake it. i can't stop thinking about it.

i try to remember where i put my middle-aged glasses and hear kelsey grammer say "......not in jeaaaaans..." and feel a kind of vertigo.

oh christ lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

god this looks unbearable. put a bullet in paramount plus' head

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

extremely thankful to Ryu Ga Gotoku for producing games so quickly that i will never have the time to visit nostalgic tv. keeps me from the GBS "hatewatch" diaries, lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i watched one piece the live action western tv show and it wasnt very good, but they did try really hard, so its still better than most other tv. howmstever, it got me to start a reread of the manga, and folks: one piece is really good

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I just finished enies lobby on my reread I started after watching the live action. I thought the live action was good but missing some important beats

copy
Jul 26, 2007

rereading one piece owns

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

everything hits harder on the reread for sure

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yeh if the one piece live action did one thing right its two things 1) make people go back for a reread and 2) make my wife know the name of the series ive been readng for the last 20 years

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
this is my third reread and im understanding the themes and recognizing the messages better than ever. but the main thing im noticing, in contrast to the live action show, is that the comic is really extremely funny

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

this is my third reread and im understanding the themes and recognizing the messages better than ever. but the main thing im noticing, in contrast to the live action show, is that the comic is really extremely funny

its fuckin hysterical

copy
Jul 26, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

yup this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

scary ghost dog posted:

this is my third reread

:dogstare: