Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
https://twitter.com/mishimakitan/status/1692558941912457221
Cringe if true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

you wont care

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1692558414105186796

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

"ignore is for cowards" - elon musk

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Thats 100% because of blue checkers being blocked in mass

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

lmfao

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Elias_Maluco posted:

Thats 100% because of blue checkers being blocked in mass

Advertisers too...

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
got a couple bluesky codes if anyone wants, PM me

all gone :(

UFOTacoMan has issued a correction as of 19:23 on Aug 18, 2023

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

it's a shame nobody chucked a bottle at him

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1692558493255942213?t=tXaL3epeWN1rx9fQgHyObA&s=19

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
"why would anyone want to not see my posts?" - the most annoying guy who has ever lived

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I'm positive you won't be able to "mute" advertisements or "notable public figures" which will, by sheer coincidence, include one elon musk owner of x dot com

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
A “feature”

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

A lot of lovely reactionaries are super block happy so I'm guessing they're whining in his DMs about this. Chris Rufo and the Libsoftiktok lady block everyone.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Target Practice posted:

thinking about the time Berlusconi got popped in the mouth by a model of the Milan Cathedral someone threw at him

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Target Practice posted:

they were elated they got to see two idiots for the price of 1

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

lmao at blaming stewart for all of this

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

lol he’s being ratio’d

even the blue checks are telling him it’s stupid

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1692567335129764107

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

yep, that'll do it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

lmao removing the only tool that keeps it from being the nonstop online harassment app

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

it was a guilty pleasure at first keeping the twitter account around to watch all the madness but its way boring now. ty for getting me off the socials sir

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

:laffo: getting rid of block will actually kill Twitter. It’s like the key stone feature that makes the hell site viable to use for normal people. The second that’s gone all the Nazi blue checks will just flood people’s replies and because blue checks get sent to the top no matter what, it’ll be the first thing anyone sees under every tweet. Like it’s the dumbest poo poo imaginable

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Apple App Store's TOS actually requires social networking apps to have a block function. I'd imagine Google Play Store has a similar requirement

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

he’s so so stupid, it’s amazing

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

shyduck posted:

Apple App Store's TOS actually requires social networking apps to have a block function

https://twitter.com/B_Nied/status/1692569042454815215?t=AJ6NpDazGjducXOAQgP-SA&s=19

Yup

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
It makes no sense

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Dr. VooDoo posted:

:laffo: getting rid of block will actually kill Twitter. It’s like the key stone feature that makes the hell site viable to use for normal people. The second that’s gone all the Nazi blue checks will just flood people’s replies and because blue checks get sent to the top no matter what, it’ll be the first thing anyone sees under every tweet. Like it’s the dumbest poo poo imaginable

Thats exactly what he wants

But Im guessing he will back down from this one because all his favorite right-wing pundits are serial blockers and wont like it all

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

ben shapino posted:

It makes no sense

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Musk blocked me during the sub fiasco after I asked him if he cared about saving us from climate change why did he donate to Republicans.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

TotalHell posted:

he’s so so stupid, it’s amazing

suddenly being able to harass everyone who has blocked me is going to own

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

bluesky is not loading cause of elons fuckups lol

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I read this as the app itself has the ability to block/ban people, not that each user can.

Either way lol to the change

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

"ignore is for cowards" - elon musk

he's right

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

shyduck posted:

Apple App Store's TOS actually requires social networking apps to have a block function. I'd imagine Google Play Store has a similar requirement

DMs are still blockable and do you think a TOS will stop Musk? wrong. musk stays winning sorry

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
Didn’t he say large blocklists break the site and make it expensive for Xitter? No one working their currently probably knows how large number of blocks feeds into account visibility and such.

Anyway, just further destruction of Xitter and I’m here for it. Losing more advertisers and Linda will be blamed for it.

Next he’s going to force everyone to read nazi screeds and other racist, bigoted poo poo because “in the public square” evryone should be heard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010
no way he actually goes through with this, not even his sycophants think its a good idea