Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Kit Walker posted:

Your front door is infringing on my right to piss on your living room carpet

Just piss on the door, problem solved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

...! posted:

Just piss on the door, problem solved

There is no carpet on your door:colbert:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Hippocrass posted:

There is no carpet on your door:colbert:

There absolutely is

Something tells me you're not fully committed to pissing on my door or you would have known that

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

i'd like a blue sky invite but i have no idea which people are still offering them
pls to message

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

:hmbol: what a fouler

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

Resolved - working as designed

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Here’s 4 Blue Sky codes. Get off the awful X site and onto something much better

Edit: holy crap you guys are fast. All scooped up. Please don’t be awful on there!

Nairbo fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Aug 19, 2023

Bumfluff
Jun 19, 2008

Bumfluff!
It's me, Mabel!
I'm looking at you through the av!
Right here!
This is my voice!
I'm talking to you from inside!

Nairbo posted:

Here’s 4 Blue Sky codes. Get off the awful X site and onto something much better

bsky-social-3sucf-kxbxe

I got this one, thanks!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Lol that once I ask if anything funny happened Elon decides to ban blocking people (which will not happen) and two goons decide to defend that decision. Thanks musk

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

Boris Galerkin posted:

So you just block me and stop caring if I reply to you or not because you won’t see them. Why do you care if I interact with you or whatever after you’ve blocked me from showing up? You’d never know I did since you blocked me.

E: I’m just having a hard time understanding why me blocking someone should affect what that someone can do on their account, instead of just affecting me on what I see on my account.

Man, I've been dumped too. I know what it's like, brother.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Boris Galerkin posted:

So you just block me and stop caring if I reply to you or not because you won’t see them. Why do you care if I interact with you or whatever after you’ve blocked me from showing up? You’d never know I did since you blocked me.

E: I’m just having a hard time understanding why me blocking someone should affect what that someone can do on their account, instead of just affecting me on what I see on my account.

As a straight white male, the default human, I simply don't see why features which don't directly benefit me should be allowed to exist.

edit: lol. lmao, even.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Aug 19, 2023

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Lol he apparently deleted the tweet about removing blocks

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Must have finally come down from the Ketamine buzz.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
No, he just figured out he could individually remove grimes' blocks against his accounts

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Maybe he just blocked you

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Lol, even Musk is smarter than that one goon.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
soon you will all be blocked

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.
I kinda wish he got rid of blocks because his divorced guy tweetstorming about Grimes would have been a marvel to behold.

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

Boris Galerkin posted:

Have you never heard of "setting personal boundaries?"

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
I think the people who don’t get why blocking should be bidirectional (ie impacting both the experience for the blocker and the blocked) should consider an imperfect analogy to online dating apps.

If there is someone on a dating app who is making my experience unpleasant (or worse), I don’t only want to block them so I don’t see their profile or receive their messages. I want them to have their ability to view my profile completely removed. It makes the app safer and reduces the chance of unpleasantness. Could they make a new profile and find me again? Sure they can. But adding as much friction as possible to the identified account seems like table stakes for a function like “block”.

On a completely unrelated question, why hasn’t Elon removed community notes? Are there a bunch of libs getting owned in community notes that just don’t get shared ITT? Because from what I see it is so disproportionately used to fact check chuds (including Elon) that I can’t fathom why he’s allowed it to persist as a feature.

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon

No he didn't, it's still there (for now):

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1692558414105186796?t=nRNwi1et6tmvZXQB2JZruw&s=19

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

The change that moved TweetDeck behind the X Pro paywall is so badly implemented you can bypass it by setting a cookie.

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

Could someone send me a bsky invite via pn please? I’m always too late for the ones posted here. Can’t wait to ditch the current hellsite for the next one

Grab Im Moor
Apr 4, 2022

lol its so good. This motherfucker is as helpless as a flipped turtle when he's being called out on his bullshit.

"Seriously, c'mon buddy."
"...are you--ngah..d-d'youse..."
"C'mon."
"...who-who are you?"
"What do you mean, "Who am I"??"

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Why the gently caress does someone in that chat have that unfunny trans fetishizing anime character as their avatar? What was this event? What kind of circus is he running?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

The change that moved TweetDeck behind the X Pro paywall is so badly implemented you can bypass it by setting a cookie.

Wow, I got owned by that as an amateur volunteer coder in the early 2000s, extremely vindicated that a 44m company in tyool 2023 can do the same

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

emSparkly posted:

Why the gently caress does someone in that chat have that unfunny trans fetishizing anime character as their avatar? What was this event? What kind of circus is he running?

An Astolfo avatar is probably the least heinous thing in that chat room

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
The difference is that, on Twitter, we're talking about people engaging with your content on your profile, much like something like Instagram or whatever. So it makes absolute sense that you should have some control over who can poo poo post on your profile/content, who can be a part of your community.

A forum like SA is a completely different dynamic.

Of course no one should be using Twitter anymore anyway so who cares, but that's the answer.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I should get addicted to ketamine like Elon Musk. Seems to really supercharge your decision making processes.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Lagomorph Legion posted:

Rock over London, rock on Chicago.

Kick that caribou's rear end!!

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

Still waiting for him to get to the other big thing Lowtax is known for these days, and not talking about the domestic abuse or fancy cookies.

Mangosteen?!? :lol:

Boris Galerkin posted:

Because if someone blocked me from seeing their posts I can just log out and see them because it’s all public.

Please log off and then post a response, to better explain this example.

egg_dog
Nov 12, 2005

nͬ͒̂̓̂ͪoͨ́
Fun Shoe
Doom house ☝️

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

G-Spot Run posted:

Wow, I got owned by that as an amateur volunteer coder in the early 2000s, extremely vindicated that a 44m company in tyool 2023 can do the same

lol that might be what it's worth now but please remember that Musk bought twitter for 44 BILLION

.random
May 7, 2007

An unregulated Troll Squad, being necessary to the security of a free X, the right of the people to reply and QT, shall not be infringed.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

putin is a oval office posted:

The difference is that, on Twitter, we're talking about people engaging with your content on your profile, much like something like Instagram or whatever. So it makes absolute sense that you should have some control over who can poo poo post on your profile/content, who can be a part of your community.

A forum like SA is a completely different dynamic.

Of course no one should be using Twitter anymore anyway so who cares, but that's the answer.

It's nice that you and some others take the time to reasonably explain the issue instead of dogpiling one poster for not understanding something imo. I too had trouble understanding the dynamic here and if you just casually look on twitter occasionally for some dumb cats, this wasn't all that obvious i think. Maybe thats dumb idk, but a couple of freaks here starting to imply someone is a creep for this should eat sixers.

Like, the problem is that twitter is run badly by an absolute fuckass moron with bad intentions.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

heard u like girls posted:

It's nice that you and some others take the time to reasonably explain the issue instead of dogpiling one poster for not understanding something imo.

That one idiot had it explained to them, simply and thoroughly, over and for several pages while they completely ignored everyone.

They were either being totally disingenuous or are just loving stupid.

Some dogpiles are deserved.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

emSparkly posted:

Why the gently caress does someone in that chat have that unfunny trans fetishizing anime character as their avatar?

oh please

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I'd give Elon a swirlie but the toilet flush would make him think he's listening to a Grimes album

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Megillah Gorilla posted:

That one idiot had it explained to them, simply and thoroughly, over and for several pages while they completely ignored everyone.

They were either being totally disingenuous or are just loving stupid.

Some dogpiles are deserved.

Ok, i personally didn't think this was one of them, seeing as in this very thread people also didn't understand the difference between mutes and blocks, until it was explained, and Elon doesn't either it seems.

e; Regardless, what irked me was some of the language that got thrown at them.

heard u like girls fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Aug 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
seems like people here still want these so i have another bsky code this week first person to dm me while this post is still up gets it

edit: tis gone

thathonkey fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Aug 19, 2023