Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

MrMojok posted:

LOL, he really told James Woods to delete his account?

maybe he doesn't know about woods preference for teens yet, im sure they can work it out

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Do you think Elon has to send an email when he wants one of his tweets pushed to everyone via notifications? What would that look like?

(I don't follow him and have never interacted with one of his tweets or frequent commenters.)

The X Corp is not happy with me

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Most EVs don't work this way

iirc Tesla is also the only EV company that doesn't have blended braking - it's an inexplicable design choice, when more deceleration is needed you'd obviously want to increase the regen first prior to engaging the physical brakes, but I guess that's too hard so Tesla engineers just didn't bother to do it

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Do you think Elon has to send an email when he wants one of his tweets pushed to everyone via notifications? What would that look like?

(I don't follow him and have never interacted with one of his tweets or frequent commenters.)

My brain reading this post: "You don't follow him in the sense that you deleted your twitter account like a fuckin' year ago when everyone else did? That's surely what this poster means. I don't need to tell them to delete their account because there can't be anyone in the thread left who still has one, that would be ludicrous"

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

ugh we did this yesterday

just take the day to laugh at Elon's meltdown

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

QuarkJets posted:

My brain reading this post: "You don't follow him in the sense that you deleted your twitter account like a fuckin' year ago when everyone else did? That's surely what this poster means. I don't need to tell them to delete their account because there can't be anyone in the thread left who still has one, that would be ludicrous"

sut da fuk up

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

heard u like girls posted:

i used to kinda like those cry laugh emojis in the right context but goddam if i dont hate them now

I still frequently use them in WhatsApp to differentiate between an actual laugh vs just a big smile and gently caress it if I'm going to let Elon take that away from me

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

I respect that

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Hey, PM me for a blusky invite. I am too lazy to do some riddle to keep it from getting scraped

Edit: AND GONE

Twibbit fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Aug 20, 2023

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Megillah Gorilla posted:

As a straight white male, the default human, I simply don't see why features which don't directly benefit me should be allowed to exist.

edit: lol. lmao, even.

Im not a straight white male but thanks.

Also thanks whoever bought me a red text and avatar I guess. I’ve tweeted a total of like 10 times in my whole life so my only experience with being blocked on Twitter are by random right wing chuds which is a minor annoyance for me when I want to read them (when they were linked in other posts on these forums) because then I had to re -open the tweet in a private window.

But cool thanks for assuming weird poo poo about me.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

hey, let's gently caress off with the purity tests and stick to what makes this thread worthwhile: spelling Ergoffn Mulg's name wrong

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

is menswear guy a goon? https://twitter.com/dieworkwear/status/1692596676161057015

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Call Your Grandma posted:

hey, let's gently caress off with the purity tests and stick to what makes this thread worthwhile: spelling Ergoffn Mulg's name wrong

more like eLOL musk!

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Twitter sorry X mods personally handpicked by Elon to clean up the site lol

That always goes so well

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

redgubbinz posted:

Outside of this thread and twitter itself, I wonder how many people are actually aware how much of a weird loser melon is, do they just think of him as 'the really smart guy who invented tesla.' I guess he doesn't care, as long as people are thinking about him

Good to know he's working hard to fix that image

I think it's slowly (let that) sinking into to the public consciousness as him being the most divorced dipshit on the planet is making its way into more mainstream media.

But probably not fast enough. I'm still on Twitter and have this thread urging me to delete my account, while my TweetDeck just has columns of accounts I follow - local news, funny animal GIFs and maybe whatever breaking news event is happening (currently a video-only column of tweets about tropical storm Hilary).

This thread is full of the absolute worst of Twitter and if you're scouring the site for the worst tweets from the worst people then yes it is going to be a hellsite. But for normies just following their favourite celebs and mainstream news the rot isn't yet noticeable.

The rare time I go on Twitter instead of TweetDeck, the "For You" algorithm is surprisingly good at recommending accounts I might like. Compared to the YouTube algorithm, that aggressively pushes far-right channels and unblocks them after an arbitrary time to give you the chance to reconsider not being a Nazi, Twitter isn't as bad in comparison.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Call Your Grandma posted:

Isn’t this thread also for laughing at twitter users? I don’t see why goons should be immune, the fuckin’ rubes

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Jakabite posted:

Isn’t this thread also for laughing at twitter users? I don’t see why goons should be immune, the fuckin’ rubes

They're very thin skinned, seems like staying on twitter turns people more musky by the day

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

If you're making James woods seem reasonable then you're a loving nutjob

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

No no, you all don't get it. In a week or so Lord Musk is going to unblock everyone and say "See?! Look at how bad it is when you don't face your critics! FREE SPEECH FTW!!!"

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Thank you, sir. May I have another?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Remember when Musk promised every change on Twitter would be voted on by the community?

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

steinrokkan posted:

Remember when Musk promised every change on Twitter would be voted on by the community?

Block populi, block dei

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Elon Musk: Block populi

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
https://twitter.com/teslaownersSV/status/1693127655779103197

i know it smell crazy there

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023

Wanna see all of them them try and fsd their way out of here at the same time.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Pokemon Go Take a Shower You Nerds

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Remember when Elon was threatening to physically show up at Mark Zuckerberg's house....this week?

Parsley
Jul 17, 2012

"You should have the function to block people."
"Well I'm blocking you!!!"

Oh, Musk, will you ever win.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

E the Shaggy posted:

Remember when Elon was threatening to physically show up at Mark Zuckerberg's house....this week?

Is this why he's trying to get rid of blocking? 🤣

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Konar posted:

Yeah from what I've seen of Elon, the biggest asset he's had in his failing upward into billions is his total lack of empathy and ability to not consider other people when it comes to making decisions.

lol he sure learned to consider at least some people when he quickly walked back his firing-by-tweet of that Icelandic guy. Oh he learned that real fast. He even started sucking up to the guy by becoming his reply guy

It was one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen :allears:

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Egon Muff

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Humanity's consciousness before 2014 was just deleted. Whoopsie

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

...! posted:

lol he sure learned to consider at least some people when he quickly walked back his firing-by-tweet of that Icelandic guy. Oh he learned that real fast. He even started sucking up to the guy by becoming his reply guy

It was one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen :allears:

And dude straight up ignored the poo poo out of him. Ice cold

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

lol Halli owns

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Wow that whole throwing up your arms into an "X" (as though you were tied up, :lol: ) seems vaguely familiar...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ccNnTAGgBQ

:magemage:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

kazil posted:

lol Halli owns

:laffo:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Elon Musk has died. I just found out when my kid came up to me and crossed his arms across his chest, sobbing "Xkanda forever"

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Mulva posted:

Shmorky?

I think it's more like when a fuckton of people left after Aatrek got exposed and banned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

The X-man cometh posted:

I think it's more like when a fuckton of people left after Aatrek got exposed and banned.

oh?