Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I know Denji has a lot going on but it is very funny that he somehow doesn’t recognize Nobana as being Kobeni’s brother they look similar, have the same hair-clip, and Denji knows Kobeni’s last name. Also they’re both nervous wrecks. Then again I’m a bit face-blind as well so maybe I can’t judge.

Bold of you to assume Denji would care about Kobeni’s brother in the slightest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Reze was originally a Russian agent right? I don’t think she’d be in the Chainsaw Man Church even if she still was in Japan.

Chapter:
I expected the Chainsaw Man Church to be crazy, but not like… CRAZY-crazy. Like… I figured they were making up the having sex part to string Denji along but no, they have a dedicated room for it and a wedding chapel for afterwards. Get out of there, Denji!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Reze was originally a Russian agent right? I don’t think she’d be in the Chainsaw Man Church even if she still was in Japan.

Chapter:
I expected the Chainsaw Man Church to be crazy, but not like… CRAZY-crazy. Like… I figured they were making up the having sex part to string Denji along but no, they have a dedicated room for it and a wedding chapel for afterwards. Get out of there, Denji!

She was but it didn’t seem very consensual so the CSM church might be a good opportunity for her to fake her death and lay low

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
Which of you doofuses is getting married there first?

Oh, who am I kidding we’re all dying alone.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

So it turns out Yoshida was right about the cult being awful.

This is why you should always listen to the creepy man with tentacles who's stalking you.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
All-you-can-sleep-with girls, lol

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

RatHat posted:

She was but it didn’t seem very consensual so the CSM church might be a good opportunity for her to fake her death and lay low

I doubt it. She seems to have some sense, and knowing Denji personally would leave her very ill inclined to believe the messianic propaganda around Chainsaw Man.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
I wanted to see the chainsawman bathroom…

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
1000% chance the bed in the gently caress room is Chainsaw Man themed

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

It’s so funny how the church genuinely doesn’t seem to like Denji but will worship Chainsaw Man.

A constant theme through out this manga lmao

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

CharlestonJew posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17weg7weEkQ

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Bread Set Jettison posted:

It’s so funny how the church genuinely doesn’t seem to like Denji but will worship Chainsaw Man.

A constant theme through out this manga lmao

Lessee, who likes Denji...

Himeno
Aki
Power
Reze
Nayuta

Fumiko is currently in maybe territory, and Asa was briefly pro Denji and anti chainsaw but she went over to the default after the amnesia thing.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

chiasaur11 posted:

Himeno
Aki
Power
Reze
Nayuta

Fumiko is currently in maybe territory, and Asa was briefly pro Denji and anti chainsaw but she went over to the default after the amnesia thing.

3/5 of those people are super dead though

copy
Jul 26, 2007

power's not dead! she's just the blood devil now! they'll be friends again when he finds her like she told him to! gently caress you!

copy
Jul 26, 2007

oh 3/5 ok poo poo sorry

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
He also has the love of 7 dogs and Meowy, tho.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Das Boo posted:

He also has the love of 7 dogs and Meowy, tho.

excellent points

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

chiasaur11 posted:

Himeno
Aki
Power
Reze
Nayuta

The whole point of the Black/Redsawman thing though is that Asa is firmly in the “likes Denji and not just his super powers” camp, she just doesn’t know it.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
something so indescribably powerful about a protagonist who finds his righteous anger when told he'll have to marry the cultist groupie after he sleeps with her instead of just getting to do it attachment free

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
He also recognizes that forcing kids to get married is hosed up.
Enthusiastic consent is very important to Denji.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

CharlestonJew posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul6UcvNX4o8

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Denji may confuse physical affection with actual love

But he can tell the difference between “babes wants to do me” and “child marriage”

And that’s why he we love the guy

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

copy posted:

power's not dead! she's just the blood devil now! they'll be friends again when he finds her like she told him to! gently caress you!

he should hurry up though or I see Blood Devil getting impatient

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Dennis "Child Marriage is Wrong" Saw Man. A man with better moral fiber than the orgs in my state.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I am glad the weapons are not uniformly just weirdly simping for chainsawman. I hope we get a really fun mixed up dynamic of them being antagonistic or allies of denji.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Annointed posted:

Dennis "Child Marriage is Wrong" Saw Man. A man with better moral fiber than the orgs in my state.

Seriously. Dennis for senate.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
So now there's one group of assholes threatening Denji's family and friends if he chainsaws and one group of assholes threatening them if he doesn't. Time to construct an elaborate plan to play them off against each oth- haha jk jk time for extreme chainsaw violence

Sindai fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Aug 22, 2023

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Sindai posted:

So now there's one group of assholes threatening Denji's family and friends if he chainsaws and one group of assholes threatening them if he doesn't. Time to construct an elaborate plan to play them off against each oth- haha jk jk time for extreme chainsaw violence

There is nothing that a good ole' chainsaw rampage can't help with. It's never failed before!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I kind of get the feeling that someone is trying to provoke Denji to do something batshit.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

chiasaur11 posted:

Himeno
Aki
Power
Reze
Nayuta

Yoshida likes him, probably a good time to go tell that octopus about the cult that's after you and take advantage of your strongest living ally.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

it's time for denji to retvrn to his roots and just start killing people with a regular chainsaw

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Yoshida likes him, probably a good time to go tell that octopus about the cult that's after you and take advantage of your strongest living ally.

Yoshida mostly just seems frustrated and confused most of the time.

To be fair, that also tended to apply to Aki.

Edit: I now kinda want Reze to try to track down Denji to warn him the cult is bad news, which mainly results in him being offended she thought he couldn't figure it out by himself.

chiasaur11 fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Aug 23, 2023

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

I kind of get the feeling that someone is trying to provoke Denji to do something batshit.

Honestly my running theory on the hidden motivations of everyone isrelated to Pochita/black chainsaw. Hybrid chainsaw man eating stuff might not erase things. Eating Makima and also trying to eat falling didn’t erase anything. Pochita definitely can erase things.

Yoshida and public safety don’t want that version to return because of that power

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Sindai posted:

That's right, it's time to play the SMT neutral route.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Sindai posted:

It's time for Operation: Super-Smart II: Cerebral Warfare.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Denji may confuse physical affection with actual love

He very much knows the difference. He knows that biting power was a Very Serious Intimate Thing and what she was to him even after she was gone. He currently doesn't have anyone like that and damned right he's gonna woo the poo poo out of some girl first and they won't bang until she tries to kill him at least once.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Ranzear posted:

He very much knows the difference. He knows that biting power was a Very Serious Intimate Thing and what she was to him even after she was gone. He currently doesn't have anyone like that and damned right he's gonna woo the poo poo out of some girl first and they won't bang until she tries to kill him at least once.

So that was Fumiko's mistake!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
man. I feel so bad for denji

being denji is suffering

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

copy posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sube
Nov 7, 2022

Didn't expect the Denji cult just being the unification church but makes sense