Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
kinda interesting that they are specifically blaming america for everything. feels like they're trying to instigate a war. Justice did say if War got powered up enough they could solve the Nostradamus problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Did Shinzo Abe ghostwrite this chapter?

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
Okay so the anti-american thing is a kinda popular thing in right wing Japanese "New Religions "(Cults, they're just cults). But the thing is, a lot of that comes from Japan losing in WW2 and the Japanese Right still being angry about that and having an alliance with the US, and the fear of being drawn into America's foreign wars, and general anti-americanism because of American interventionism.

WW2 never happened in Chainsaw Man, if I'm recalling right. And there hasn't been any war in the 20th century, so... What the gently caress is going on here?

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
WW2 happened, it's just people forgot about most of the details because Chainsaw Devil ate the concept of Nazis and Nuclear Weapons.

On the other hand, America absolutely attacked Japan with the Gun Devil a few months ago, so...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fivemarks posted:

Okay so the anti-american thing is a kinda popular thing in right wing Japanese "New Religions "(Cults, they're just cults). But the thing is, a lot of that comes from Japan losing in WW2 and the Japanese Right still being angry about that and having an alliance with the US, and the fear of being drawn into America's foreign wars, and general anti-americanism because of American interventionism.

WW2 never happened in Chainsaw Man, if I'm recalling right. And there hasn't been any war in the 20th century, so... What the gently caress is going on here?

President NotTrump literally sicced the world's most dangerous devil on Japan

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015

ImpAtom posted:

President NotTrump literally sicced the world's most dangerous devil on Japan

Oh yeah that happened.

Wait, it's still the 90's isn't it? Shouldn't it be Ross Perot?

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Fivemarks posted:

Have you seen America?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fivemarks posted:

Oh yeah that happened.

Wait, it's still the 90's isn't it? Shouldn't it be Ross Perot?

I mean they were singing a Maximum The Hormone song that came out in 2007 so time is all hosed up

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Fivemarks posted:

America just sucks in general

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

There are plenty of reasons to hate America/Americans without our IRL history so, its relatable for me even without true context.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Maybe there really is an ultraviolet weapon making everyone stupid, it would explain a few things. Like why they let loving yoshida be in charge of anything.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The Ultraviolet Devil getting real mad their work is being credited to America.

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
I mean, I'm looking at this from the context of Japanese "New Religious Movements".

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
even in a wildly altered history i'm sure the us has done different, equally hosed up poo poo at every opportunity. that's like, their whole thing.

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
I'm telling you, guys, I think Fujimoto is going for allusions to multiple "new Religious Movements", but especially Aum Shinrikyo. Which, in addition to the obvious stuff, incorporated the writings of Nostradumus into its beliefs. And that the United States was "The Beast" that would start the End Times, in 1997. I don't know WHAT Fujimoto is cooking, but I can see some of what he's putting in the pot and that poo poo's wild.

Edit: Like yeah, America bad, but in the greater context, I skip over "yeah America bad" to "Is Denji Chainsawman going to have to stop a terrorist attack?" I mean in a world with Devils already, what kind of terror attacks do you think up?

Fivemarks fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Aug 23, 2023

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Fivemarks posted:

The gun devil did 9/11 because of America

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
The elimination of wars really just furthered the power of the CIA-backed Rebel Insurgency Devil.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Honestly I don’t think Denji has any opinion about America, so he’s kind of just wondering why they are saying he said those stupid things.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
You can't just write off an entire large country when there are women in it who might sleep with you.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

All Denji knows is that America is the land of big steaks and big titties/asses, how could he ever hate it?

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
oh noooooooooo

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
All of this points to one thing: America Devil. :911:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

ImpAtom posted:

I mean they were singing a Maximum The Hormone song that came out in 2007 so time is all hosed up

Imagine if it turns out that Pochita killed or maimed the Time Devil, which randomly causes things, ideas, concepts, etc. to just sometimes happen outside of the period it was supposed to happen in.

Like cavemen with nukes, or cavemen with GWAR.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I mean, if Japan didn't want the Gun Devil guns they shouldn't have threatened our lovely movies.
It's our biggest cultural export.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

even in a wildly altered history i'm sure the us has done different, equally hosed up poo poo at every opportunity. that's like, their whole thing.

Was it the Chainsaw shaped beds that drew you in?

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Regalingualius posted:

Imagine if it turns out that Pochita killed or maimed the Time Devil, which randomly causes things, ideas, concepts, etc. to just sometimes happen outside of the period it was supposed to happen in.

Like cavemen with nukes, or cavemen with GWAR.

Ate the Y2K Devil, and now it's perpetually the 90's.

PirateZim
Apr 24, 2005

Kwyndig posted:

Maybe there really is an ultraviolet weapon making everyone stupid, it would explain a few things.

It's called The Sun

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Elite posted:

The elimination of wars really just furthered the power of the CIA-backed Rebel Insurgency Devil.

Special Military Operation Devil

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

PirateZim posted:

It's called The Sun

I feel like Sun Devil would be a primal fear maybe Moon Devil too

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Shoehead posted:

Did Shinzo Abe ghostwrite this chapter?

Yes of course, after all Shinzo Abe was famously anti-cult.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Denji would proudly and immediately respond 'Steel' with the confidence of a Demi-god

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Das Boo posted:

I mean, if Japan didn't want the Gun Devil guns they shouldn't have threatened our lovely movies.
It's our biggest cultural export.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Denji would proudly and immediately respond 'Steel' with the confidence of a Demi-god

No, he would say feathers.

See, it's a trick question: feathers are lighter than steel, so it takes more of them to make a kilogram. Because there are more of them that means a kilogram of feathers is actually heavier than a kilogram of steel.

Power taught him that.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Electric Phantasm posted:

Depends on how many vampires live in Denji's world.

Moon Devil is the opposite: It's weaker the more werewolves there are

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Electric Phantasm posted:

Moon Devil?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

from a certain Houseki no Kuni perspective,

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

poo poo, I got the Moon Moon Devil

Dinosaur Satan
Oct 27, 2005

Helen, I'll love you always.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

thank you for doing what I was too lazy to do lol