Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

loquacius posted:

Is there an actual intended way to kill the goblin boss without aggroing the entire camp? There were good ways to polish off the two sub-bosses that way, but the only way I could find to get the actual boss without getting in a fight with his entire throne room was "throw an illithid gravity bomb thing from the rafters to suck him into a bottomless pit, then fast-travel away before an encounter can start" which seems a little TOO janky

blow him up with gunpowder barrels

E; in my case we'd already started killing everyone, but invis potion on barrel carrier who dumps barrels and flees, followed by shadowheart flame cantriping to set them off should work without aggroing everyone i think

Fuligin has issued a correction as of 13:20 on Aug 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

loquacius posted:

Is there an actual intended way to kill the goblin boss without aggroing the entire camp? There were good ways to polish off the two sub-bosses that way, but the only way I could find to get the actual boss without getting in a fight with his entire throne room was "throw an illithid gravity bomb thing from the rafters to suck him into a bottomless pit, then fast-travel away before an encounter can start" which seems a little TOO janky

yeah once you aggro that guy the whole camp goes up. snag all the gunpowder barrels, blow em up, loot his hoard and peace out. or you can fight your way out of the camp, which is pretty fun at a higher level

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Real Mean Queen posted:

If we lived in a functional society, there would be rigorous faqs for every game and they would be coming out of a government lab and subject to peer review

AI/SEO/adsense garbage is 99.99% of the internet now

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i was kind of annoyed with the goblin camp as well, but they really do boil it down to killing the goblins or killing the grove, which, fair enough i mean poo poo or get off the pot you mealy mouthed gladhander

i just had karlach go into a rage and threw him into the pit to start the fight with his room and then killed everyone. bluffing the spiders below to attack for you was rad too. i was hoping i could pick him and his throne up and toss them but alas :(

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Palladium posted:

AI/SEO/adsense garbage is 99.99% of the internet now

You use the precedent from nationalizing gamefaqs to make all the recipe and repair websites good. There are probably two or three other things the internet should be able be reliable for, so do those while you’re at it

BG3 corner: I was running around in act 3 and heard a guy saying he didn’t like to read the news, so I got up on a nearby roof and dropped a safe on him

Real Mean Queen has issued a correction as of 14:43 on Aug 27, 2023

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
found a strategy guide for anyone still having trouble with ac6 first boss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEhk5N32Tec

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

cmon man you need to fight at least one of the goblins

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
is there some reason to turn down romances in BG3 besides roleplaying

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

indigi posted:

monogamy

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

they force monogamy??? What kind of sick twisted game is this

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

bitmap posted:

cmon man you need to fight at least one of the goblins

I did the gravity bomb trick mostly to see if I could but am having regret over it now yeah (out of character for my barb). Only reason I went down this rabbit-hole in the first place was that I went to the trouble of luring Princess Gut into her chambers to fight her away from prying eyes and she called the guards to aggro the whole camp on me, wtf :mad: Gotta invest in a good Silence spell or something, less to prevent spellcasting than to prevent guard-calling

If I ever get around to a second playthrough I'll probably roll Rogue, and I'll go berserk on this part for that character to even it out.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

indigi posted:

they force monogamy??? What kind of sick twisted game is this

I looked into it and there are apparently very specific instances where polyamory works but it's twitchy and temperamental like in real life, so just to be safe you might have to tell Lae'zel to keep it in her pants unless you're sure about her

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I kinda like gale's hosed up relationship flags turning him into a clingy nice guy. It feels like hosed up toxic Relationships is a huge unexplored area in rpgs.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

DrManiac posted:

I kinda like gale's hosed up relationship flags turning him into a clingy nice guy. It feels like hosed up toxic Relationships is a huge unexplored area in rpgs.

Gale being a pedestal Nice Guy makes 100% sense with his whole deal lol

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

DrManiac posted:

that dwarf you rescue in Underdark beat his wife until she made him simpleminded with mushroom toxins

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
one of my favorite rpg sidequests is from witcher 3 where you find a sad man outside a village. he tells geralt 'im a freak of nature, an abomination, and i was cast out'. geralt says hmmmmm lycanthropy? 'no geralt, i'm gay.'

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

i bought ac6 sight unseen and with no previous genre experience because i’ve played the gently caress out of fromsoft titles nearly exclusively since 2011 (with some daliances with some switch exclusives).

i bumped off of sekiro hard and struggled all through my first playthrough but still beat it- though i didn’t enjoy it. that kinda shook me a bit, I was worried i was getting tired of the formula. then i did some DS2 stuff i’d never done before and somehow “got good” in ds2 in a way i had never been before. looks like i took the aggression lesson in sekiro and it upped how i played those other games.

i finally figured out the differing playstayles, and now I find both sekrio and soulsrings enjoyable. my second playthrough of sekiro became an absolute treat of endless assault since i finally got that hesitation is defeat.

i am prepared for ac6 to be a whole diff animal, but just as sekiro was foreign and then became WONDERFUL in my experience, i expect some interesting and new gameplay styles to click with me that i will appreciate as a non-soulsbornekiroring. im pumped

it is i, the idiot who bought the game full price without reviews or previous experience based on the strength of the last 12 years of the developer’s content

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I feel like I've cracked AC6, it's not hard you should just be doing everything all the time at once. Have a finger on all the triggers so you can fire all the weapons and then just constantly bunny hop and dodge. Never stop moving

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Yardbomb posted:

This is 100% what it feels like trying to look up information on Jagged Alliance 3 as well, so many dodgy rear end no-name "I dunno we cobbled like three 'gaming' sounding words together to make our site name" sites.

Also JA3 is good as hell.

yup it's really good

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Also I made a moogle decal for my mech

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

Also I made a moogle decal for my mech

screenshot

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

RealityWarCriminal posted:

one of my favorite rpg sidequests is from witcher 3 where you find a sad man outside a village. he tells geralt 'im a freak of nature, an abomination, and i was cast out'. geralt says hmmmmm lycanthropy? 'no geralt, i'm gay.'

i also like geralt has been through enough that he doesn't get surprised by anything besides stupidity anymore

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm getting older, I can only play AC6 in short burst cause my hands start to hurt.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

This is amazing, but I'm a broke bitch so I'm gonna wait till later to play AC6

I bought Orb of Creation tho. I like wizard poo poo.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

indigi posted:

volcel rp

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I love having trouble with a boss/mission then switching to another mech and one shotting it

whenever I’m having trouble I switch to my double shotgun grasshopper and that usually takes care of it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the game is long enough without watching softcore scenes

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Withers dunks on you if you stay single at the Tiefling party lol

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

indigi posted:

never get involved with people you work with

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

karlach and i went to HR to fully disclose everything

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ben Nerevarine posted:

I love having trouble with a boss/mission then switching to another mech and one shotting it

whenever I’m having trouble I switch to my double shotgun grasshopper and that usually takes care of it

I had trouble with the boss on the Wall mission my first go and then swapped to double bazookas and just hovered over him until he died.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Imagine getting bothered by what some dumb poo poo skeleton thinks.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

thou hast posted cringe

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i'm going to gently caress withers

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
karlach said she was going to gently caress withers

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

time to try the poly thing then

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

i say swears online posted:

time to try the poly thing then

godspeed, gamer

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

Gumball Gumption posted:

I had trouble with the boss on the Wall mission my first go and then swapped to double bazookas and just hovered over him until he died.

It took me a really long time to figure out I could jump through all the attacks. I tried a tetrapod and hovering didn't help, but a reverse legs shotgun build could probably aggressively own that thing.

I've been leaning waay too heavily on dual plasma rifles and big hits and now there's more speedy poo poo in chapter 3 and it dodges it too often so trying laser handguns.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

never get involved with people you work with

skill issue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

turn off the TV posted:

wait, starfield is procgen poo poo? i thought it was like a bunch of little hand crafted regions you'd land in lol

It's apparently a sort of mix. The actual "events" and set pieces are "hand-crafted," but are placed throughout the proc-gen worlds randomly (or at least not in a predetermined way).

I feel like it's probably a bad idea. In theory the idea of not knowing what you're going to find, even if you use the internet, is kind of neat, but in practice I feel like it's gonna make exploring the planets kind of lame.

Buffer posted:

It took me a really long time to figure out I could jump through all the attacks. I tried a tetrapod and hovering didn't help, but a reverse legs shotgun build could probably aggressively own that thing.

This is exactly the build I was using on that level (reverse legs dual shotgun), and the boss was indeed very easy with it. It gave me the false impression that I was good, since I had read about others having trouble with it.

Edit:Between that and the first boss of Chapter 2, I'm wondering if each chapter will have one "boss you can reasonably avoid attacks from" and one final "boss where you can't avoid poo poo, gently caress you and find the correct build."

Ytlaya has issued a correction as of 18:26 on Aug 27, 2023