Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also now we have a name for Majesty’s primary weapon (I expect a visual on her fairly soon now)

https://www.gamefun-house.com/product/4570117960277-purify-with-a-touch-lessons-with-a-touch-majestic-kurnikurun.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It’s a international holiday

https://twitter.com/curehibiki01/status/1687116110829633536?s=46&t=idHOluBX7WY76GN9uEVUwg

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

In other news, the ending theme for Power of Hope (the Yes 5 sequel starting this October) will be performed by a supergroup of singers from across the franchise.

https://otonaprecure2023.com/news/

Mayumi Gojo, Yuka Uchiyae, Mayu Kudo and Kanako Miyamoto. Under the name "Cure Quartet", they're singing "Shizuku no Precure."

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also have some new episode titles:

28: "Ageha's Exciting Fashion Show"

29: "Sora And The Forgotten Plush Toy"

30: "Expanding Ocean! Beach Paradise"

31: “A New Threat! Let's Take Back Elle!”

Based on the preview it seems this week we’ll finally meet a member of Ageha’s family and with 31 it looks like we’re finally heading into the arc that introduces our fifth Cure (also based on the title either Minoton isn’t going to last long either or we’re finally going to meet the big bad of the series)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And in non Precure related news:

https://twitter.com/animetv_jp/status/1688772865930285056

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Finally thought up a new and improved method of suffering I guess.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Kind of appropriate too considering it’s been exactly 10 years since Rebellion

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Back to Precure, the 5th member of Hirogaru Sky has at last been officially revealed:

She looks good honestly though the name Majesty doesn’t really fit the whole sky motif the show has going on (though you might say the same about Prism).

Looking forward to seeing her in action though and since she’s 100% going to be Elle I’ll be curious if this is a Kotoha (and Aguri to an extent) situation where she experiences accelerated growth or if this is just a form she can take but still revert back to toddler mode as needed

Also here’s some official merch to confirm the above:

https://www.reddit.com/media?url=ht...0bb83c65669828c

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Aug 10, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

HSP28: This week we finally meet Ageha’s family in the form of her two older sisters (also apparently her parents are divorced and said sisters took their dad’s family name while Ageha took her mom’s).

Also, much like Kintolesky before him Minoton seems to go out of his way to avoid civilian casualties (even telling the crowd to run after summoning a Ranborg) as well as not understanding anything that doesn’t have to do with training or competition

The leader cameos come to a close as Nagisa shows up to play us out this week (though time will tell if this is the end of the ED Cure cameos altogether)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Aug 13, 2023

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Okay so after being given info on where to begin like 4 months ago in this thread, I'm finally actually watching some of this and 3 episodes into Heartcatch Precure and I'm pretty sold on it. I don't know if the other 19 series had the same general premise or if the Heart Tree is a recurring thing or not but the general plot of the episode being 'the evil general shows up, fuses a girl with some item and creates a monster that can only scream about what's pissing it off, gets defeated, leaves' is pretty entertaining to me.

The only things that I'm not 100% on board for is the art style/character design for this one* and that the fairy has to poo poo out the heart seed.

*That said, I looked at the series on Wikipedia and seeing the look of all the other series on the link pictures I think I'll enjoy all the other ones once I'm done with this one next month.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Precure has no consistent cosmology. The thing the shows have in common is that usually they have a general show up and send a monster and then the Precure transform and fight them, but some series don't even consistently have that and how they work varies

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The only exceptions are Max Heart which is a sequel to the first series Futari Wa and GoGo which is a sequel to the fourth series Yes! Precure 5. Otherwise Precure is basically magical girl Super Sentai (every season is its own separate universe unless Toei needs to connect them for the sake of a crossover)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Though with Saki and Mai appearing in the new Yes show we may have more Precure shows tied together

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Though with Saki and Mai appearing in the new Yes show we may have more Precure shows tied together

Yeah, I’ll be curious if they’re the only Cure cameos we’re going to get in the new Yes 5 show and if the Maho Girls sequel next year will also feature any other Cures unrelated to the series

Speaking of, with only two months to go before release I have to imagine we’ll finally start getting some more info on and/or a proper trailer for the former fairly soon now

BlitznBurst
Feb 28, 2019

I would guess that Maho being specifically marketed as "Mahoutsukai Precure 2" compared to Otonapre Power of Kibou probably means it'll be purely Maho

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

BlitznBurst posted:

I would guess that Maho being specifically marketed as "Mahoutsukai Precure 2" compared to Otonapre Power of Kibou probably means it'll be purely Maho

True, regardless I am curious to hear more about the Yes 5 one (like if there will actually be any Precure action or if it’s more a slice of life series). No matter what though they better bring Bunbee back for this (maybe the Kiryuus too since Splash Star is involved in some capacity)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I just hope Maho girls 2 builds upon the really great finale episode and not the baton pass episode where they deaged them again.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The designs for the rest of the Yes 5 crew from the upcoming sequel have been revealed:

https://twitter.com/precure_15th/status/1692823970255675457

Additionally, here’s a full body picture of adult Saki and Mai:

Designs look really good in my opinion, now all we need is a proper trailer and/or plot synopsis

Milk can update her human form I see, makes me wonder if we’ll see the Kiryuu sisters in this as well (and if they can age since they were literally born as teenagers). As I’ve mentioned, I really hope Bunbee’s in this too (and maybe Nagisa and Honoka)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Aug 19, 2023

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

That's an amazing glow up on Urara and Milk

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Milk can dress as fancy as she wants, but I know she’s just sleeping on Karen’s couch for a place to live

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Returning to the current season, This week we learn Sora is scared of ghosts as she meets a haunted doll and fights a bunch of Ranborgs inside a mansion. The whole Marron plot was kind of sweet though

Also they’re either repeating cameos or covering the main Cures from All Stars F next as Summer returned at the end of the episode

Next Time: Getting a late beach episode in before the plot comes back

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Aug 20, 2023

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

They fought FF7 Hell House this week lamo

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also a sample of the main theme from the movie titled “For F” has been released:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=sFF8vfIb4UY

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And now so has the full version of Hirogaru’s second ED:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=fI2ScBCrWd4

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

In non Precure related news Kotono Mitsuishi has announced she’s stepping down as the voice of Usagi:

https://twitter.com/shinpyh/status/1694287178514264141

Of course, the SM series is likely dead now that Cosmos has been released in Japan (for now anyway) so this might not mean much

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

This seems like a good year for Splash Star fans, first we learn that Saki and Mai are coming back for the Yes 5 sequel this October and now Michiru and Kaoru get their own card wafers (in their “Cure” forms no less)

Makes me wonder if the Kiryuu sisters will also play some role in Otona

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also we’ve got a new All Stars F teaser featuring more of Supreme and her fairy partner:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=lyXrYw2LlJE

Supreme is voiced by Maaya Sakamoto (which if you’re familiar with her is a huge get for the series) while her fairy partner Puka is Atsumi Tanezaki

As for the episode, it’s time for a late beach story where we learn that Sora can’t swim (but apparently can hold her breath a long time and walk underwater) while Tsubasa is basically a cross between a penguin and a rubber duck as mentioned above. Also Minoton takes a rather Oresky esque approach to training and Mashiro’s advice once again saves Sora

Good fight this week though and Yui takes us out again (which still doesn’t completely disprove my theory of them doing All Stars F protagonists next but we’ll see)

Next Time: Revenge of the Plot (also we meet what’s either a new enemy of Battamonda in a cloak)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Aug 27, 2023

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Let's hope this movie cure isn't stuck in copyright hell like Cure Mofurun!

Anyway that was my favorite of the filler episodes with some great comedy but also cause Sora and Mashiro continue to have great couple chemistry

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Why would she be? Is Toei collaborating with another company on this like they did with the Maho Girls movie? I’m still 50-50 on her turning out to be/be connected to the main villain of the film though

Larryb fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Aug 28, 2023

Hellbore
Jan 25, 2012

Larryb posted:

Allegedly we’re getting Cure #5 in episode 32 but I haven’t been able to confirm that yet (I wouldn’t be surprised though since we already have official art for her)

I think so far that's just speculation based on the description for Ep 31.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hellbore posted:

I think so far that's just speculation based on the description for Ep 31.

Probably, either way we’re definitely getting Majesty fairly soon

Larryb fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Aug 28, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

New picture of our 5th Cure:

More images here:

https://www.toysrus.co.jp/s/dsg-769856900

This also reveals we’re finally getting a full team attack as well (Precure Majestic Halation)

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5ASW-7-m-4

New Otona Precure trailer

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The presence of a villain basically guarantees the presence of Precure, nice to see Saki and Mai will be more than just a cameo appearance as well (still hoping Bunbee shows up too, maybe the Kiryuus while we’re at it)

Has the website updated with anything like a story summary or confirmation of how many episodes this is going to be yet?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Aug 31, 2023

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Pretty sure it's only gonna be one cour.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Kurumi throwing down sake like a pro she probably has a hell job

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Meanwhile Rin is still stuck minding Nozomi and Coco is nowhere to be found.

Makes you wonder.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nodosaur posted:

Pretty sure it's only gonna be one cour.

That's what I assume, it's just odd that we got a full episode count for the Maho Girls sequel almost right when it was announced but nothing for this (I'm betting it'll be roughly the same length though give or take)

Hoping that Crunchyroll decides to sub this too (and maybe that might even give them the incentive to finally license the original Yes 5 shows/possibly Splash Star as well)

BlitznBurst
Feb 28, 2019

Also I guess the fairies are probably still in fairy land? There's no way they don't show up at all but now I'm wondering if it might just be restricted to like, five minutes of screentime in the last episode or whatever.
Either way I got my MilKaren ship bait so I'm fed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

On that note I forget, did Milk go back at the end of Gogo or did she decide to stay on Earth? Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if we see Coco and Nuts as well (especially since there seems to be a new villain in town)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Aug 31, 2023