Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I’ll admit domain amplification has always confused me. My understanding is: You create an empty barrier for your opponent’s CT to fill in, which neutralizes it. But in reality, wouldn’t you just be creating a free domain expansion for your opponent? You’ve just provided them a free barrier, and it’s filled with their CT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Oh Snapple! posted:

it really is. even beyond just accuracy, their word choice just always comes off as so incredibly stilted and lacking in weight.

I'm not sure I'd put that all the blame on the localizers. I read it in Japanese (I buy the volumes as they're released so I'm slightly behind the thread) and I feel Gege's dialogue can be just a little bit obtuse at times?

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Oh Snapple! posted:

it really is. even beyond just accuracy, their word choice just always comes off as so incredibly stilted and lacking in weight.

Sounds like a classic case of good, fast, and done - you can only pick two.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://twitter.com/mommilph/status/1689922316141285377

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Oh Snapple! posted:

yeah I wonder what ever happened to the old translator

oh, right

the pedophilia

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Wait what

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Wait what

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...ars-of-/.198037

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:slonk:

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

That's... cursed

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Oh wow, I didn't know anything about this guy, but I remember hearing about that 2014 incident at the time. I was an ALT back then and it was one of those stories that made its way around the teaching circuit quite fast.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

And he was living where I grew up good old Fairfax County. Uhh good job FCPD? First time ive ever said that before...

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

The tcbscans translation dropped a little while ago.

The fight will be wrapping up in the next few chapters, I think. I'm hoping Gojo has a way around Mahoraga because it would suck for him to get killed by a walking plot device, but it seems like Sukuna is going to probably come out on top.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Link: https://tcbscans.com/chapters/7469/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-232?date=18-8-2023-8

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Very funny to see Backflash showing up after all the discussion on this thread.Gege didn't forget!

I also really hope Mahoraga isn't the insta win button it's being presented as. I still want to know how the hell it ended up being a part of the 12 Shadows technique too.

notwithyourheart
Dec 27, 2013

i agree, the fight feels like it's coming to a climax. i'm thinking gojo mulches mahoraga but sukuna ultimately wins with us getting another glimpse of his unknown ability or abilities or whatever.
maybe he'll say a triangle this time instead of a square.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Scallop Eyes posted:

Very funny to see Backflash showing up after all the discussion on this thread.Gege didn't forget!

I also really hope Mahoraga isn't the insta win button it's being presented as. I still want to know how the hell it ended up being a part of the 12 Shadows technique too.

I thought that was funny after the past weeks discussing it, Gojo just lets it rip.

I think Gojo can still handle Mahoraga because even if it adapts, Sukuna could still injure/kill it with his own Cleave CT back in Shibuya even though Mahoraga did adapt to it on some level.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Brought To You By posted:

I thought that was funny after the past weeks discussing it, Gojo just lets it rip.

I think Gojo can still handle Mahoraga because even if it adapts, Sukuna could still injure/kill it with his own Cleave CT back in Shibuya even though Mahoraga did adapt to it on some level.

Gojo can probably kill Mahoraga with Red like he originally planned to especially now that he is in the zone, but he no longer has the luxury of invincibility. It might take all he can to get a clean shot to destroy Mahoraga, and Sukuna might use that opportunity to recover and hit back with a black flash of his own to close out the fight.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Flair posted:

Gojo can probably kill Mahoraga with Red like he originally planned to especially now that he is in the zone, but he no longer has the luxury of invincibility. It might take all he can to get a clean shot to destroy Mahoraga, and Sukuna might use that opportunity to recover and hit back with a black flash of his own to close out the fight.

Before Sukuna even recovers though, it sounds like the perfect time for your Friendly Neighborhood Kenjaku to show up and poo poo on both of their parades!

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

I'm ready to see both of these dudes get jumped, by everyone. Come on, it's jumping time. Maybe Okkotsu learns to mimic teleport?

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
https://tcbscans.com/chapters/7473/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-233

Newest chapter scans.

Is it Gojover??

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
yeah gojo is absolutely losing. Sukuna still hasn't played all his cards and Gojo is trying to pull his trump card.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

Yeah, it's looking bleak, although Sukuna seems like he's gonna be somewhat running on empty himself when it's done. The rest of the gang need to get ready to jump him. That said, Gojo can literally teleport, why doesn't he use that to get space for himself to charge up Hollow Purple? We saw Mahoraga and Sukuna both move extremely quickly at Shibuya but surely that's better than trying to charge it up in the middle of a 3v1 melee.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Gojo can't teleport, he just can compress space and coordinates, and when describing his teleportation preparations during the flashback arc, he made it clear there need to be no obstacles to be able to do it.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
So that’s how you’re “supposed” to defeat Marohaga as a 10 Shadows user, you combine your previous Shikigami to overwhelm it with a variety of attacks.

I like to imagine Sukuna summoning a mini elephant in between his hands when he’s borrowing its powers for the piercing blood-like attack.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
doubters vacate

cgfreak
Jan 2, 2013
What's this unlimited hollow Gojo is talking about, have we seen it before?

Is he gonna blast them all with infinite Purples inside Infinite Void or something?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Shibuya Arc trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKHQuQF1S8k

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

The more over it feels the more we're so back it's gonna be. Thats just shounen manga. Gojo is gonna win.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
jokes asides Gojo's real goal is freeing Megumi. as long as he can accomplish that it's still a W

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

cgfreak posted:

What's this unlimited hollow Gojo is talking about, have we seen it before?

Is he gonna blast them all with infinite Purples inside Infinite Void or something?

Purple is called Hollow Technique

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

It's beautiful.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

https://twitter.com/ShouldHaveCat/status/1694485928683728959

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
It's so sad that this manga is being closed out so fast. It's dope, don't get me wrong. But drat. There is so much to explore. I assume given the popularity though that we are going to get a million spin-offs.

HOLY poo poo lmao

11/10 imagine if he crafted the jujutsu sorcerer pin.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Gege doesnt seem to be one for dragging it out.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Also not every popular manga needs to be a 300+ chapter long epic.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah as long as it comes to a coherent natural ending that is fine. The only thing that sucks is a rushed/unsatisfying ending.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I'm honestly not seeing JJK finishing anytime soon anyway. There are still a lot of character arcs that have to come to some kind of conclusion and a lot of stuff that was foreshadowed early that has to come into play.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Taima posted:

It's so sad that this manga is being closed out so fast. It's dope, don't get me wrong. But drat. There is so much to explore. I assume given the popularity though that we are going to get a million spin-offs.

Given what's been going on in Hero Academia for over a year now; sometimes it's better to end quickly with a direct plan of action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Nuebot posted:

Given what's been going on in Hero Academia for over a year now; sometimes it's better to end quickly with a direct plan of action.

Just out of curiosity I checked the latest chapters on mangaplus. I'm going to say it All might should have died during the Bakugou rescue arc and went out like White Beard or something. I don't really what has led to this point since the USA hero came and jobbed, but there was a shark and the story jumped it long ago.