Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
no no you see by his interpretation the hetero family cannot say THATS MY WIFE/HUSBAND either!

because that will totally happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

You're asking me to believe in sentient meat.

Fajita Queen posted:

New thread's off to a great start

it has been 0 pages since the last chud derailment

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Rhymenoserous posted:

Student: sees picture of traditional family on desk: “Who’s that?”

Teacher: my wife I love her a lot

Student: sees picture of non traditional family on desk: “Who’s that”

Gay Teacher: I’m not allowed to say

Congratulations on creating an underclass

The fact that you don’t understand childhood inquisitiveness or normal human interaction makes me wonder if you are one of those Reddit goons haunting this forum to annoy me.

Yeah except that's a made up scenario based on a law that doesn't single anyone out. Which circles back to if its being enforced selectively then that's a major problem. I don't think we disagree on that, yet you repeatedly ignore me wholeheartedly agreeing with you on enforcement.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Jay Derkin posted:

Are you just going to keep raging until I agree with you or something? I'm attempting to have actual discussion.

Nobody wants to argue with you, theyre just shitposting.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

ded posted:

no no you see by his interpretation the hetero family cannot say THATS MY WIFE/HUSBAND either!

because that will totally happen

I’m starting to think angrymustache escaped his containment zone after making a single good post on Reddit.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Rhymenoserous posted:

The fact that you don’t understand childhood inquisitiveness or normal human interaction makes me wonder if you are one of those Reddit “goons” haunting this forum to annoy me.

dude clearly does not have a kid or anything close to a handle on how kids work. im guessing probably has vague hand-wavey memories of such things. cant remember his teachers talking about their personal lives because he was too busy eating glue until they stuffed him into the "gifted and talented" class - that sort of poo poo.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Jay Derkin posted:

Yeah except that's a made up scenario based on a law that doesn't single anyone out. Which circles back to if its being enforced selectively then that's a major problem. I don't think we disagree on that, yet you repeatedly ignore me wholeheartedly agreeing with you on enforcement.

guys i bolded the funny

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Jay Derkin posted:

You and I both know that law isn’t going to be enforced in the way you want it. Don’t be loving obtuse.

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD
is modern inclusion like call of duty modern warfare

or is that metaphor too complicated for you, you fisher price paw patrol rear end bus station pamphlet with a map to every confederate shrine libertarian goofus

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Guys the sodomy laws totally weren’t used to target gays and they were also totally above board enforced on straight couples who ventured into the butt stuff realm because as we know the police are here to protect us.

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Rhymenoserous posted:

You and I both know that law isn’t going to be enforced in the way you want it. Don’t be loving obtuse.

The whole point of the law is to completely remove sexuality and personal matters from K-3 education. I see zero reason that it won't be followed by straight teachers. If I was an LGBT parent and got word that a straight teacher was ignoring the law that an LGBT teacher was expected to follow I would raise hell until that teacher faced consequences, and rightfully so.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Rhymenoserous posted:

so obtuse my dick only fits inside a jar of gak

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Do not sincerely engage with the dipshit that's gonna eat a permaban as soon as an admin wakes up

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
jay derkin, seeing a dot labelled 1 and a dot labelled 2

"no idea how this fits together"

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Fajita Queen posted:

Do not sincerely engage with the dipshit that's gonna eat a permaban as soon as an admin wakes up

That's not very nice.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Jay Derkin posted:

The whole point of the law is to completely remove sexuality and personal matters from K-3 education. I see zero reason that it won't be followed by straight teachers. If I was an LGBT parent and got word that a straight teacher was ignoring the law that an LGBT teacher was expected to follow I would raise hell until that teacher faced consequences, and rightfully so.

if you are actually in goonfleet they are a great fit for you

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Baculus posted:

so obtuse my dick only fits inside a jar of gak

What is a gak?

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Experimenting with AI

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Solus posted:

Experimenting with AI

Maybe I was the AI all along, but we will never know.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Solus posted:

Experimenting with AI

lmao

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

Jay Derkin posted:

it's been expanded through high school. what's the justification for that?

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Jay Derkin posted:

What is a gak?

you have google and conceivably youre not so loving fidget-spinner-addled you probably noticed it when you were a kid. like grow the gently caress up. adding an article improperly after seeing its a proper noun to make it seem really exotic or foreign to you is sooooo loving low effort. are you gonna pivot to "TWAS A PRANKE" now?

you give dipshits a terrible name. :(

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

twigplant posted:

it's been expanded through high school. what's the justification for that?

Yikes if it's been expanded through high school that's beyond hosed and I have a major problem with that.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Jay Derkin posted:

I honestly don’t know if you are just brilliantly naive or the dumbest person that’s ever blathered his way into the collective goon crosshairs or a mix of both. That is not the whole point of the law, the entire point of the law was to dehumanize gays without openly saying “hey we’re trying to gently caress the gays and not in the way they like” just the same as sodomy laws.

This is Lee Atwater’s southern strategy only this time it’s gays instead of blacks people, it’s literally the same loving poo poo AGAIN and rubes like you bumble into it every loving time.

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Baculus posted:

you have google and conceivably youre not so loving fidget-spinner-addled you probably noticed it when you were a kid. like grow the gently caress up. adding an article improperly after seeing its a proper noun to make it seem really exotic or foreign to you is sooooo loving low effort. are you gonna pivot to "TWAS A PRANKE" now?

you give dipshits a terrible name. :(

I legit don't know what a gak is and I don't care enough to actually go look.

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

Jay Derkin posted:

Yikes if it's been expanded through high school that's beyond hosed and I have a major problem with that.

oh my god i literally like don't even read the news on purpose and i still knew that somehow. why are you arguing about poo poo you're not keeping up with? nvm i know the answer to this

twigplant fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Aug 31, 2023

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Solus posted:

Experimenting with AI
:perfect:

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Rhymenoserous posted:

I honestly don’t know if you are just brilliantly naive or the dumbest person that’s ever blathered his way into the collective goon crosshairs or a mix of both. That is not the whole point of the law, the entire point of the law was to dehumanize gays without openly saying “hey we’re trying to gently caress the gays and not in the way they like” just the same as sodomy laws.

This is Lee Atwater’s southern strategy only this time it’s gays instead of blacks, it’s literally the same loving poo poo AGAIN and rubes like you bumble into it every loving time.

If people disagree with the law at is core being enforced fairly at face value then fair game, but to just sit back and assume its being unfairly enforced seems to be blind assumption at best. The internet exists, if violations are happening make it well known and demand meaningful change. If it's found to be generally unfairly enforced then repeal that poo poo. As far as I'm concerned if fairly enforced its reasonable legislation, if it is actually provably being unfairly enforced then repeal that poo poo as its nothing but harmful.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
What even summoned this weirdo to the thread? Do they have a google alert setup for the term "inclusive"? What in tarnation?

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

Jay Derkin posted:

If people disagree with the law at is core being enforced fairly at face value then fair game, but to just sit back and assume its being unfairly enforced seems to be blind assumption at best. The internet exists, if violations are happening make it well known and demand meaningful change. If it's found to be generally unfairly enforced then repeal that poo poo. As far as I'm concerned if fairly enforced its reasonable legislation, if it is actually provably being unfairly enforced then repeal that poo poo as its nothing but harmful.

there is a 0% chance it'll be fairly enforced. hth. what're you doing here?

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004

Jay Derkin posted:

I legit don't know what a gak is and I don't care enough to actually go look.

gak on deez nuts

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

twigplant posted:

oh my god i literally like don't even read the news on purpose and i still knew that somehow. why are you arguing about poo poo you're not keeping up with? nvm i know the answer to this

In all honesty I took a break from news cycles a few weeks back, was tired of the constant cycle of depressing poo poo. The florida bill had been well established for months and I had no idea it had been expanded. With this new information, that I just double checked and it's honestly mind blowing, gently caress the law and repeal that poo poo. What I considered to be reasonable at a K-3 level is absolutely ludicrous to be expanded to high school.

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

twigplant posted:

there is a 0% chance it'll be fairly enforced. hth. what're you doing here?

Honestly after seeing that it was expanded to a high school level, which to me shows clear as day that this is simply an attack on LGBT teachers, I agree with you. It's beyond bullshit to expand the original law. You were right on the intent. I gave it the benefit of the doubt and was clearly mistaken.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
poo poo and piss

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Jay Derkin posted:

In all honesty I took a break from news cycles a few weeks back, was tired of the constant cycle of depressing poo poo. The florida bill had been well established for months and I had no idea it had been expanded. With this new information, that I just double checked and it's honestly mind blowing, gently caress the law and repeal that poo poo. What I considered to be reasonable at a K-3 level is absolutely ludicrous to be expanded to high school.

It’s not reasonable for a person to not be allowed to say “that’s my wife or husbands picture on my desk” and then be able to handle the follow up questions you asocial weirdo.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Jay Derkin posted:

Honestly after seeing that it was expanded to a high school level, which to me shows clear as day that this is simply an attack on LGBT teachers, I agree with you. It's beyond bullshit to expand the original law. You were right on the intent. I gave it the benefit of the doubt and was clearly mistaken.

And, after much wringing of hands, he slowly came to the realization that everyone else arrived at hours prior... he knew in his heart, he was the moron.

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Baculus posted:

And, after much wringing of hands, he slowly came to the realization that everyone else arrived at hours prior... he knew in his heart, he was the moron.

It is what it is. I hold my views but I'm never closed off to new information. New information was presented and my views have shifted accordingly. Tbh it's nice to see that through all the shitposts some actual conversation was had.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Jay Derkin posted:

It is what it is. I hold my views but I'm never closed off to new information. New information was presented and my views have shifted accordingly. Tbh it's nice to see that through all the shitposts some actual conversation was had.

nobody wants to have a nice conversation with you, you have actual turtle poo poo for brains hth

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Jay Derkin posted:

Why did we stop mocking J4G’s in here anyway I feel a valuable service has been lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Balthusdire
Jul 12, 2022
I change my views all the time as long as I dont disagree with the information. I am enlightened.