Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/onepiecenetflix/status/1696990915649482795?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

anime was right posted:

i know pirates are all about waters/ports but this is ridiculous

Oh you :allears:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Sup crew

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Using Nakama huh?

Netflix OP really is worse than I could have feared

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Come on can't we just let that slide just this once? :v:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Love this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCb13lbVGE0

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Thread title blows, can we get something else.

This is neat tho (spoiler for current chapter)

https://twitter.com/KingThePirates/status/1696979784692322755

Best part is that it's exactly they type of information Luffy would actually remember.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

e: my observation haki is weak

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Just lol that some fansubber being lazy in the mists of time has now become a major part of One Piece's branding

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

I imagine Kizaru was informed about the Gear 5 stuff, so it won't overly surprise him. As for fighting Luffy, Kizaru could be a tougher match up than Kaido. Unlike Kaido Kizaru is entering the fight fresh, and he's not the type that likes to tank blows but dodges around more. Kaido had a habit of just letting everything hit him and tanking it. I don't imagine Kizaru is too interested in taking blows just to prove he can.

My impression is that this isn't gonna be a full drag out between the two because the priority on either side is Vegapunk and extraction/assassination therefore of. Luffy might or might not given his record get an upper hand in the fight but as seen back at Marineford even when up against really serious competition It's kinda really hard to stop the Light Man from being where he wants and loving up all kinds of things. We still got multiple satellite bodies that can get wrecked between here and the exit.

I am kinda hoping Kizaru blinks off to laser someone and gets interrupted by Gear 5 Luffy catching back up by crossing over the panel borders though.

Dang, we still got the Blackbeard raft and Kuma's hellmarch across the ocean to pay off here too

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Just lol that some fansubber being lazy in the mists of time has now become a major part of One Piece's branding

It’s more one of the memes ala DUWANG imo

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Caidin posted:

Dang, we still got the Blackbeard raft and Kuma's hellmarch across the ocean to pay off here too

don't forget caribou!!!

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I absolutely forgot about Caribou and will again the moment I make this post.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Do we have a thread for the Live Action, or are we just gonna post about it here?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The One Thread is real

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
Kizaru going down could open up an admiral spot for a certain up and coming marine who always dreamed of being one.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Bluemillion posted:

Kizaru going down could open up an admiral spot for a certain up and coming marine who always dreamed of being one.

oh poo poo good point

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://twitter.com/Dexertonox/status/1697069012356677747/photo/1

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I would move Dressrosa down and Wano up so that they're both in A

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

What a super wrong ranking. Thought he was a fan.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Wano Arc should be split into the 3 individual Acts
- Act 1 is C Tier setup
- Act 2 is A Tier
- Act 3 is SSS Tier as it starts with Oden Is Born To Boil and ends with Gear 5 nonsense and 2 dead Emperors

Would probably move Punk Hazard down to B Tier.
Dressrosa is fine in S-Tier, mainly for the individual moments that put it up there, but man it's a slow start, multiple flashbacks, and a lot of moving parts

Rest is pretty much 'Yeah OK'

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am glad Skypiea gets recognized.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
On the one hand, Syrup Village all the way in D is fail (it gave us Django, and Usopp’s futile last stand as he gets trampled by the Black Cat Pirates is one of his better moments) but rating Baratie over Arlong Park is ftw, so decent list overall.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
Time to set sail for One Piece!

edit: Nice, they are playing Bink's Brew in the flashback.

logger fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Aug 31, 2023

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Ok so I watched the opening and then turned on Japanese audio and rewatched it and it ruled. Looking forward to watching the rest tomorrow!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
there were some annoying editing/continuity issues that were pretty minor and sometimes the writing fell a bit flat but overall i liked the first ep, 7/10

a lot of episode 1s for netflix have had this issue tho. so like, yeah. its pretty good for live action anime.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
The whole Alvida portion felt weirdly cut, like everything was too snappy?

After that though it seemed to settle more and I had a smile on my face the whole time. So far I love the Strawhats.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
Yeah nothing that needed it had room to breathe

Lots of first eps and seasons have that issue so it's w/e

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

no opinion on live action adaptations but this kid is such a good match for luffy

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Juat want to point out that this is lovely click bait that was also wrong, that was Hassan's tier list, not Matt Owen's.

Edit: I'm completely wrong. Sorry for spreading misinformation.

Julias fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Aug 31, 2023

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
oh that's a boring tier list because it puts nearly everything in s & a so it's not even really saying much

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Good chap. Very worried about Stussy :ohdear: Very hype to see Luffy fight Kizaru :hellyeah: Really expected more from Sentamaru, I love his design. I hope he has more to do.

I don't know what more people want out of Sentomaru, he did pretty well for holding off his boss, a man made of lasers, with nothing but an axe for a bit after only recently being seriously injured. In and out of universe, that's all anyone really expected him to do. He never had a chance in hell of beating Kizaru outright, and if he had, it's not like people would have been happy with that outcome either.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Didn't know Ian McShane was the narrator. The casting people on this show did the gently caress out of their job.

Edit: Didn't expect to see Helmeppo's rear end while he was pulling a Swayze/Van Damme.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Aug 31, 2023

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

OP Live Action spoilers

They fact they changed a bunch of other stuff but not Kuina's death being an accident means its probably going to be something that gets explained more later?

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Julias posted:

Juat want to point out that this is lovely click bait that was also wrong, that was Hassan's tier list, not Matt Owen's.

No, it isn’t. It’s Matt’s.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Live action WHAT THE gently caress BAROQUE WORKS IN EPISODE ONE

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Just watched the first episode and man you can see every cent they poured into the show, it looks incredible. Whether it'll keep up that quality I don't know, but I had a big smile on my face for most of the episode and Inaki is absolutely killing it as Luffy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

Julias posted:

His name is Hasan. One S.

anyone that watched the stream would see that Matt was doing it with Hasan having a dialogue and either agreeing with him or disagreeing with Matt's placement.

So Far I like the show, it's like the Lemony Snicket Netflix adaptation. Except with more money