Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Pretty hyped for this game.

Has anyone tried running it on a 1080ti at 1440p?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Started as a gangster, is the unarmed skill actually any good? Seems like it does barely any damage compared to even the weakest ranged weapon

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

AutismVaccine posted:

Pretty hyped for this game.

Has anyone tried running it on a 1080ti at 1440p?

The game runs sub 60fps on a 4070 at 1080p in the city

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

7800x3d and a 2080 Ti at 1440p

With FS2 enabled, render resolution scale at 100% / dynamic resolution off, and everything on low except for Crowd Density, Grass Quality, and GTAO Quality on medium,

I'm getting 40-60 fps which is sorta disappointing. I was hoping for at least a solid 60 fps. G-Sync really helping out right now

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I have these settings with some things tweaked up and down and my experience has been nearly flawless while still looking good.

Dynamic Resolution: On
Render Resolution: 75%
Graphics Preset: Custom
Shadow Quality: Medium
Indirect Lighting: High
Reflections: Medium
Particle Quality: Low
Volumetric Lighting: Medium
Crowd Density: Low
Motion Blur: Off
GTAO Quality: Medium
Grass Quality: High
Contact Shadows: Medium
VSync: On
Upscaling: FSR2
Enable VRS: On
Depth of Field: On

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I got it running on the ROG ally but it needs some GPU driver updates. Pretty sure it should get a locked 30 from what I saw.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

DaveKap posted:

Just extra info people might want: Solid 60+ FPS on a Ryzen 9 3900X, RTX 3080, everything at high, resolution at 100%, upscaling off, game is running off an M2 PCIe SSD.

resolution 100% ... of what, lol. 1080p? 1440p? 4k?

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Game has yet to crash and I’m 7hrs in, on a 3070 laptop. No graphics issues so far.

Also, as predicted they just moved the picture of Gagarin, he’s still in the Constellation HQ. They appear to have gotten rid of Tereshkova though, although I don’t blame them.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

It's a little galling that Starlink on the loving Switch does the space to planet transition better than this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl8r2mGEy6o&t=29s

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

Necrothatcher posted:

It's a little galling that Starlink on the loving Switch does the space to planet transition better than this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl8r2mGEy6o&t=29s

Doesn’t it have less than ten planets and no on foot stuff

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Centusin posted:

Maybe but it’s galling either way!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Anyone try this on GFN?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Centusin posted:

Well yeah, but if a five-year-old toys to life game on the Switch can do it I kind of expected the megabudget Starfield to do the same.

Hadn't followed any of the pre-release hype or read previews and had just expected to be able to land smoothly on planets rather than go through a menu, so it's bit underwhelming. Feels like the way towns and cities are their own separate maps in Skyrim rather than part of the open world.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
They should have foregone ALL the space stuff entirely. Just make it all abstract fast travel, who gives a crap.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

steinrokkan posted:

They should have foregone ALL the space stuff entirely. Just make it all abstract fast travel, who gives a crap.

Yeah, this is a rare case where fast travel is too easy. Who cares if you can customize your ship if you don’t need to use it?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pretty comprehensive benchmark video.

https://youtu.be/lGL3fczSXaI?si=DpdlhYZb79oGNEOE

Seems like nvidia probably needs a driver update because some of the results don’t make much sense.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Turin Turambar posted:

resolution 100% ... of what, lol. 1080p? 1440p? 4k?
poo poo sorry, 1080p yeah. I was so busy listing everything else I just blanked on it since I've been on 1080p for almost two decades now.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

Yeah, this is a rare case where fast travel is too easy. Who cares if you can customize your ship if you don’t need to use it?

Yeah, I bought this for the space stuff and I am disappointed.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
I hope as explorers Constellation appreciates the fact I wander off to do various random things every few seconds despite having a task; I'm just practicing being curious! Definitely not having the CTD issues yet, thank God, and so far graphics are OK. If anybody knows where the heck the photo mode stores photos I'll see about sharing a few. Also, if people playing now haven't grabbed the artbook stuff, you should; some neat stuff in there. Even found a few easter eggs in there (there's a "Blue Harvest" ad in there if memory serves, and the "Cyberrunner's Handbook" images are pretty obviously in the graphical style of Cyberpunk 2020 RPG art).

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

So can you not fly your ship in space at all or is this talk just about the fast travel?

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Maybe its been too long since FO4 but the UI on mouse and kb feels super clunky trying to switch between everything, access favourites and whatever else. Having to choose between speed and seeing the distance to what you're flying to? What is up with that.

^^ There's combat, push the cursor to the side of the ring for steering, balance systems, speed up and down etc

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

jfc, this has the classic problem of NPCs move faster than your walk speed but slower than your run speed. And the PCs walk speed is so obscenely slow.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The game is Fine. New Atlantis is very pretty and so are ship interiors. The pirate base, on the other hand, looks like they took a bunch of walls from Fallout 4 and painted them white. Story seems to be nonsense so far, but that's Bethesda for you.

I think I'll go reinstall No Man's Sky, though.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
How's the roleplaying in this game? I'd be willing to put up with the meh space stuff and even a meh central plot if I can actually roleplay and have choices respected by the game in a meaningful way. Can you kill important NPCs, etc?

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

Anyone try this on GFN?

It's not on GFN. And no information if it ever wil be

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

DaveKap posted:

poo poo sorry, 1080p yeah. I was so busy listing everything else I just blanked on it since I've been on 1080p for almost two decades now.

Why the hell do you have a 3080 if you're at 1080p? You could have spent $100s less on a lower tier card for exactly the same results

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

No Gamma slider? loving seriously?

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Man I can't get above 40fps with a 2080 at 1080p

Aertuun
Dec 18, 2012

Is the relatively sudden silence in the thread because everyone is busy playing the game or because everyone is busy being disappointed in the game.

Or both.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

The Lone Badger posted:

No Gamma slider? loving seriously?

No dlss
No fov slider
No gamma slider
No HDR (and it's actually broken too in console)
No good support of ultra wide resolution
No exclusive fullscreen
No good accessibility options (like color blind options)
No raytracing

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Sep 1, 2023

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Also no item descriptions?

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

loving lmao at the start of this game. Oh hey thanks bud. I'll wait here. Here's my ship, my robot, and hey why don't you take my watch also.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Turin Turambar posted:

3440x1440 seems to be working just fine for me vOv

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Turin Turambar posted:

No dlss
No fov slider
No gamma slider
No HDR (and it's actually broken too in console)
No exclusive fullscreen
No good accessibility options (like color blind options)

DirectX 12 does not support exclusive fullscreen.

The lack of HDR is strange. I played the intro three times because I didn't realize HDR is either nonexistent or bugged. Everything looks washed out with no deep blacks (makes my OLED look like a decade-old IPS) and there's a crazy amount of color banding in the skies. No gamma/brightness sliders to try and compensate, either.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

I've managed to make a character who looks like Amos from The Expanse, so I intend to play this game in the most Amos way possible.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
this game really is the vat of gruel gamers deserve

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Starting this right after BG3 is super jaring, everyone just runs up to you to tell you their life stories immediately. And I was kinda surprised by how few notes/diaries/audiologs you could find on the tutorial planet and in the Constellation HQ.

The combat is fun though! Sending spacers flying by shooting their jetpack is great!

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Paracausal posted:

this game really is the vat of gruel gamers deserve

It's definitely not winning any rewards given the quality of gaming we've had the last few months over it.

It's very Bethesda.

Can only hope modders figure out a way to make the space side of things more interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

I held out hopes that maybe I would have a chance to play this with lowest possbile settings, but it seems pretty dire. I'm running:

i7-4790K
GTX 980 Ti

This machine has served me well since 2015, but it will be time to finally build a whole new computer, because I can't really upgrade this more.

But I don't have money so Starfield will have to wait. And I'll keep playing Skyrim until then.