Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Chainsaw man imposter is actually the table saw devil

Hedge trimmer devil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codswallop
Dec 26, 2012

BABIES EVERYWHERE!

Lily Catts posted:

Yes

https://pbfcomics.com/comics/mrs-hammer/

(also I thought the latest comic was really neat and as someone who's read the strip on and off it feels like the author leveled up in several ways lol)

Oh my loving god, I finally get it. Hammer bangs his wife, screwdriver screwed his wife

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

graham cracker posted:

also, imagine all the other hybrids have cute pochita type animal/weapon hybrid forms when weakened, like a sword cat, or a bomb... possum?

Opossbomb.

codswallop posted:

Oh my loving god, I finally get it. Hammer bangs his wife, screwdriver screwed his wife

Fun additional detail: Hammer bangs poorly, Screwdriver screws perfectly.

codswallop
Dec 26, 2012

BABIES EVERYWHERE!

Das Boo posted:

Opossbomb.

:popeye:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

codswallop posted:

gently caress

copy
Jul 26, 2007

symbolic posted:

Fujimoto could do it and explain it in any way and i will just nod my head while cheering & casting my vote for her

yup this

copy
Jul 26, 2007

it's really that easy, everybody

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Das Boo posted:

Opossbomb.

I can see Abstinence Only sex education teachers use this.

"So you see girls, sex can also be known as "Banging or Screwing". Imagine a board of wood that gets banged full of nails or screwed full of screws. If you do it too much that board becomes worthless! So protect your chastity until you are ready to give your pristine wood to your husband!"

*Cue creation of sexual hangups that follows women throughout their life*

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Uh sorry bud, we're reading the incel manga. Sex is purely theoretical for our protagonists and for us

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

Power is dead forever. Denji might befriend the Blood Devil but they are pretty explicitly not going to be Power. (Not to mention Power's corpse-host-body was blown to pieces anyway.)

My prediction for how act 2 ends: Denji and Asa go to hell for some unrelated reason and meet the blood devil. Because of convoluted hell politics, Asa and her little head guest get separated, but then Asa is possessed by the blood devil and turns into Power 2.0. Denji and Power leave hell again together.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I always thought it was a pun on "nailed" but who cares

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Scholtz posted:

Uh sorry bud, we're reading the incel manga. Sex is purely theoretical for our protagonists and for us

Denji has had several chances to gently caress and willingly turned down every single one of them. There's no in there, he's 100% volcel whether he accepts it or not.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

https://twitter.com/Ma0Ma0_0/status/1697973792243634521?t=tEZS_wyfOWJQAHVzp_fLeA&s=19

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://twitter.com/ninjaristic_/status/1697964369290879176?s=61&t=-vp9P7i8Kl2W3uKiLPEWrA

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

:bisonyes:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Best one yet

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

:rock:

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Jerkface posted:

Best one yet

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

LTTP but even if there was no memory of WW2, Japan still has plenty of fallback for historical beef with the US

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opening_of_Japan

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Spuckuk posted:

LTTP but even if there was no memory of WW2, Japan still has plenty of fallback for historical beef with the US

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opening_of_Japan

I vaguely remember when Xbox first tried to break into the Japanese market, one of their magazine ads said “Don’t worry, this Black Ship is tons of fun!” or something like that, in reference to Perry’s warships. It seemed like a shockingly tone deaf joke but I’m curious how it was actually received

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Steve Yun posted:

I vaguely remember when Xbox first tried to break into the Japanese market, one of their magazine ads said “Don’t worry, this Black Ship is tons of fun!” or something like that, in reference to Perry’s warships. It seemed like a shockingly tone deaf joke but I’m curious how it was actually received

Yikes

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

It was nearly a century and a half after the fact, I’m pretty sure the vast majority of Japanese people just think of it as some boring thing they memorized in history class.

Like, that would be like a Frenchman still being mad about the Franco-Prussian War.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Yeah, come to think of it it seems like the sort of joke that only a Japanese person could come up with

But I tell you, I put my hand over my chest and gasped

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

quote:

Alex St John: [laughs] Speaking of controversy, I think you'll like this. You know why the "X" on the Xbox is a glowing green X?

Shack: No.

Alex St John: You'll never hear this from anybody else because they probably don't know. The original codename for Direct X was "the Manhattan Project," because strategically it was an effort to displace Japanese game consoles with PCs and ultimately the Xbox. We called it "The Manhattan Project" because that was the codename for the program developing the nuclear bomb. We had a glowing radiation logo for the prototype for Direct X, and of course as soon as that got out and the press covered it, it caused a scandal. Microsoft PR said, "You have got to change that. You cannot be using a radiation symbol and calling this thing 'The Manhattan Project'." So we renamed it Direct X but we said, "Everybody loves the radiation symbol, so what we'll do is add legs to it to make it an 'X'." There are probably 3 people in the entire world that know how that came about. Microsoft was very funny when the Xbox launch, they said, "Oh, well, some artist made the green thing, and we thought it was cool," and I just said, "Oh stop, that was the color scheme for the Direct X logo from the very beginning."

also the codename for the xbox was project midway

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Oof

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Snooze Cruise posted:

lol

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
You’d think people would have figured this out but WB Japan just got poo poo for doing barbenheimer memes

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015

Snooze Cruise posted:

I mean, Midway wasn't like, a horrible American Warcrime? I don't see what your point here is, with this one specifically.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Fivemarks posted:

I mean, Midway wasn't like, a horrible American Warcrime? I don't see what your point here is, with this one specifically.

i have no clue what you are looking for here, lol. you know not everything needs to be a war crime to demonstrate a trend right?

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Midway wasn’t a warcrime it was just one of the most decisive naval battles in history and it was very obvious from the outcome that Imperial Japan would not be able to form significant naval resistance at that point.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I'm sure they don't remember it fondly, at any rate. Gotta know your audience.
Project Colonel Sanders

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Snooze Cruise posted:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Snooze Cruise posted:

They should have picked something else. There are a ton of American things people in Japan actually like, just pick one of those for your codename. Project hamburger, Project South Park, Project Twin Peaks, Project Betty Boop, Project Literally any Disney movie, Project Christmas...

Das Boo posted:

I'm sure they don't remember it fondly, at any rate. Gotta know your audience.
Project Colonel Sanders

Or that! That's basically the same as Project Christmas in Japan.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

They should have picked something else. There are a ton of American things people in Japan actually like, just pick one of those for your codename. Project hamburger, Project South Park, Project Twin Peaks, Project Betty Boop, Project Literally any Disney movie, Project Christmas...

Or that! That's basically the same as Project Christmas in Japan.

you will be surprised by the american things that japan likes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjZWUweIIEU&t=1824s

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Great pic I found on FB

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
if all my friends had been brutally slaughtered often right in front of me or because of my own actions and now the whole world worships the man in the mask but not the one behind it and everyone I try to date either tries to murder me or dies and almost literally every single person I talk to attempts to manipulate me for their own ends

I'd get a lil slackjawed too

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Denji acts quite reasonably, given the circumstances

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

if all my friends had been brutally slaughtered often right in front of me or because of my own actions and now the whole world worships the man in the mask but not the one behind it and everyone I try to date either tries to murder me or dies and almost literally every single person I talk to attempts to manipulate me for their own ends

I'd get a lil slackjawed too

That's unfair!

They're not mutually exclusive.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

That venn diagram is nearly a circle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

https://twitter.com/D_Kumii/status/1701288852038545529