Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I had to boot my house keeper and butler out of the house because I needed extra space to store my Lamborghinis and my endangered rhino horn dildos back scratchers.

They live in the backyard shed now, but at least my cars are out of the sun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

Hadlock posted:

For our daily driver? Correct. I can't tell you what year I bought my toaster or blender, either

I know it wasn't originally from the rust belt

Color me shocked that the poster that cant remember basic information about their own vehicle also cant remember much correctly about others

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Democratic Pirate posted:

The dealership vibe has definitely changed since 2020. Its obvious why, just interesting to witness first hand. Back then they were quick to offer avenues to make a deal, now they were fine with us walking out to think things over.

I posted about this a few weeks ago - our lease on a 2021 VW Atlas is up at year end. Residual is $25k and they quoted $4k of equity. Lease for newer models start at $150 more per month with that equity factored in. Main test drive difference was the updated infotainment system, which is now all one touch screen instead of the dials in the 2021. We prefer the old style.

Any other models we should consider? We need an around town kid hauler with the occasional long trip thrown in. Priority is safety. The size of the Atlas works well with the strollers and car seats so we want a similar sized vehicle.

Our leased car has 24k miles on it in 3 years, so were leaning towards just buying it out with help from our long term funds and hoping interest rates are lower in another few years.

I would buy it out. Leasing sucks right now with the higher interest rates. My expedition lease is up in 5 months and right now its better to take the promo financing from Ford on a purchase than it is to lease right now.

I wouldnt count on interest rates changing much in the next 2-3 years.

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

"I recommend Batman especially, for he tends to transcend the abysmal society in which he's found himself. His morality is rather rigid, also. I rather respect Batman.”

Motronic posted:

I'm glad you want to break this cycle, but I'm always confused by how frequently I hear this as someone's reason for leasing. Because buying vehicles gives you even MORE flexibility. You can sell it and buy a new vehicle every 3 years when you buy. You can sell it after a year. You can sell it after 10. You can have a commute change and not overpay your lease because you work from home now and aren't using the miles you are absolutely paying for anyway or overpay in penalties because you started driving 30k miles a year.

I feel like this is just a triumph of advertising over reality. Like Mr. Nissan Smartbuy from back in the day.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

While we're on the subject of impractical luxury purchases, I need a taste check on this config because I can't tell if it works or not

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRMVSIS6

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
somethings hosed up about the shifter

but in all seriousness the interior is ghastly. exterior looks OK though i probably wouldn't go with black wheels.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

KillHour posted:

While we're on the subject of impractical luxury purchases, I need a taste check on this config because I can't tell if it works or not

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRMVSIS6

Uhh... Those are some decisions for sure. I'm not qualified to answer because I despise tan interior materials.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

somethings hosed up about the shifter

but in all seriousness the interior is ghastly. exterior looks OK though i probably wouldn't go with black wheels.

Yeah the interior is bad but the leather options are poo poo and the only wheel options are black, silver or body color.

Ideally I would do aurum wheels to match the decals and a darker leather. I also probably wouldn't go with body color interior trim but it's the only way I could see the two colors side by side.

skipdogg posted:

Uhh... Those are some decisions for sure. I'm not qualified to answer because I despise tan interior materials.

There are like 4 leather colors unless you want to spend 20k and none of them go with the pink. Except black but I refuse to spend 200k on a car with a black interior.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Aug 31, 2023

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

The fun thing about the Porsche options list is it happily allows people to make horrible design choices. I know people on Reddit go bananas for sternrubin but it's pretty bad. Gold stickers are also quite bad. Exterior colour interior bits is generally pretty bad also.

I would not pay extra for remote parkassist. Looks like there are some extra aero bits which seem like a waste.

I would probably get a guards red manual Carrera T with a decent stereo and save 75k

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Have you considered you may just be boring?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

It irritates me that the green interior choice on the T doesn't match the green available on the Cayman T.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

KillHour posted:

Have you considered you may just be boring?

No I have a personality so don't need to compensate with a lurid coloured car

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

If you're going to do that kind of thing this is way better (still don't like ruby but w/e)

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRVD8RY4

e: or this and $50k in your pocket https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRN9GHK4

knox_harrington fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Aug 31, 2023

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

knox_harrington posted:

If you're going to do that kind of thing this is way better (still don't like ruby but w/e)

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRVD8RY4

e: or this and $50k in your pocket https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRN9GHK4

That does look better and it's very weird that the S is more customizable than the GTS.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

KillHour posted:

That does look better and it's very weird that the S is more customizable than the GTS.

That's how Porsche does GTS models. They are what they are, with few options. The option is that they are a GTS model.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I drove the green QV. I might do something stupid.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Sep 1, 2023

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

do it

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

I really loved it. I didnt think I would love it but I loved it.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

davecrazy posted:

I really loved it. I didn’t think I would love it but I loved it.

It's going to give you the true exotic ownership experience, you can't put a price on that.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I thought we weren't allowed to encourage other posters to self harm?

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran

Twerk from Home posted:

It's going to give you the true exotic ownership experience, you can't put a price on that.

Isn't that price typically five digits/year?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Roseo posted:

Isn't that price typically five digits/year?

My Aston is squarely 4 digits/year so far. Do it.

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

"I recommend Batman especially, for he tends to transcend the abysmal society in which he's found himself. His morality is rather rigid, also. I rather respect Batman.”
I'm the guy who asked about ~$10k RWD car for fun from before. Any reason to stay away from a 2.5l Z3? It seems like their interiors are melting but that doesn't bother me too much.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

KillHour posted:

is squarely 4 digits/year so far. Do it.

Nautical Insanity.txt

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

KillHour posted:

I refuse to spend 200k on a car with a black interior.

:same: but for other reasons.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Tricky Ed posted:

:same: but for other reasons.

$200k is also GT3 money if OP can get past the interior.

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRX7YTS7 bad colour included

Not that you can get an allocation, but still.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

KillHour posted:

My Aston is squarely 4 digits/year so far. Do it.

Your Aston isnt Italian.

Do it, still. The pleasure is worth the pain. And the glares from every Mwhatever owner that secretly wishes they has been you.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

knox_harrington posted:

$200k is also GT3 money if OP can get past the interior.

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRX7YTS7 bad colour included

Not that you can get an allocation, but still.

This would be my daily so a GT might be a bit much :v:

Edit: also my partner can't/won't drive stick and won't let me spend that kind of money on a me-only car, but the thread would murder me in my sleep for ruining a GT3 with a PDK.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Sep 2, 2023

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I actually made a pros/cons list.

The cons outnumbered the pros, but the pros were really compelling.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

KillHour posted:

This would be my daily so a GT might be a bit much :v:

Edit: also my partner can't/won't drive stick and won't let me spend that kind of money on a me-only car, but the thread would murder me in my sleep for ruining a GT3 with a PDK.

PDK rules. just get one with that.

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

King of False Promises posted:

PDK rules. just get one with that.

Yeah i consider myself an enthusiast and have never owned a manual car. I cant afford a Porsche, but I live in a big city with heavy traffic 24/7/365 in the core areas. If I was buying one as an only car and not weekend only, Id get the PDK in a heartbeat. Its less annoying to operate than a manual in many many situations.

I row the gears in my Audis selectable automatic all the time, every time I drive, since it lets me select 2nd or 3rd for slow rolling side streets instead of gear hunting on the ZF transmission, feels a little better. Im sure a PDK is amazing.

Its an A4 not S4 so no steering wheel paddles, I gotta awkwardly bump the shifter up or down.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Things to think about I guess. The lease on the M4 has a year left on it so I'm going to need to decide soon if I want any chance of delivery around then. I think a GT3 would be literal unobtanium though.

We might just keep the M4 - it's very, very good.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

My girlfriend is looking to buy her first car and this has caught her eye: https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/661e1dcd-3864-4652-af0b-cf3f7c5615f9/?aff=share_text

Its a nice combination of sporty & practical. Shes fine with it being a manual. Im mostly wondering if there are any big known issues for this model that we should be aware of

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

PIZZA.BAT posted:

My girlfriend is looking to buy her first car and this has caught her eye: https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/661e1dcd-3864-4652-af0b-cf3f7c5615f9/?aff=share_text

Its a nice combination of sporty & practical. Shes fine with it being a manual. Im mostly wondering if there are any big known issues for this model that we should be aware of

It's a 12 year old 6,000 dollar car. It is what it is and you should have it checked out by a mechanic for a pre purchase inspection. It could easily need $6k in deferred maintenance and repairs (or more). It could also be a great deal and need nothing. It's likely to be somewhere between those two things.

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug

PIZZA.BAT posted:

At least at the time those were new, I seem to remember them getting a very lukewarm reception because they didn't have enough performance to actually be sporty, but you still had to put up with the inherent impracticality imposed by the "sporty" 2-seat design. Basically a car that's not particularly good at anything. It's probably OK as an economy car, but you can find other economy cars that are roomier and more comfortable.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Those are solid economy cars that feel sportier than their actual performance, which is ultimately what matters most. A fine evolution of original crx

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I think it's probably a fine choice for a commuter car as long as she doesn't carry more than 2 people on a regular basis. The powertrain is all contemporaneous Civic Hybrid so it's underwhelming but reliable. CR-Z specific parts like interior trim and body parts will be extremely hard to find, but there's a lot of common mechanicals shared with the Insight, Civic, and Fit so keeping it running shouldn't be too hard.

The price looks OK to me assuming it checks out under a PPI and doesn't need four grand worth of work. At that age, you're likely to need some suspension components, and brakes and tires are inevitably poo poo on $6k cars so be ready for that as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

For full disclosure her heart is set on a Miata but those are more fleeting on the market so the CRZ will be the car she settles for if she can't find one