Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I refuse to believe that's not an art installation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

SpartanIvy posted:

I refuse to believe that's not an art installation a day laborer from Home Depot

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Jonny 290 posted:

this house in the lead photo on wikipedia for that town is amazing

Reposted from the c spam elon musk thread. There was a tesla crash in Idaho and this was the image for the town it happened in on Wikipedia.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Uthor posted:

Like, how?

I've never seen a toilet seat that could be fully rotated around the mounting feet, but I guess someone had to make one somewhere. I guess there's no real reason not to be able to do that except it allows you to screw up in hilarious fashion.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

https://i.imgur.com/9iR2RUq.gifv

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

God drat the 1970s.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
That carpet started out white

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

SpartanIvy posted:

That carpet started out white blue

ftfy

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Is it even possible to keep that dry with something like underfloor radiant heat, or is it just going to be a mold problem after the first week?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

binge crotching posted:

Is it even possible to keep that dry with something like underfloor radiant heat, or is it just going to be a mold problem after the first week?

In the original vision they would have had decorative bathmats around the sink, toilet, and bath to handle liquids. If it gets wet just toss it in the dryer.

Put your bathroom on the "best dressed" list.

Facebook Aunt fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Sep 4, 2023

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

binge crotching posted:

Underfloor is gonna make the toilet area smell even more like piss though.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
I've been in a few public restrooms that smelled like boiling piss before. It would probably give incentive to aim better if it was in your house.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

Seems legit. I wash my pots and pans in the shower as well.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Harry_Potato posted:

Seems legit. I wash my pots and pans in the shower as well.
i installed a disposal in mine just last month

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

KoRMaK posted:

Makes the waffle stomps much easier

Lord Rupert
Dec 28, 2007

Neither seen, nor heard

KoRMaK posted:

Kramer?

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I've posted it before but I lived in a flat where there was carpet nailed to the floor around the toilet. The floor was also carpet. It was....not nice.

Cat Hatter posted:

I've been in a few public restrooms that smelled like boiling piss before. It would probably give incentive to aim better if it was in your house.

I don't know why in tyool 2023 it is still impossible to build a public toilet that does not instantly a) smell of piss and b) have half of the urinals broken and the wall panels falling off.

It surely can't be impossible to just build it out of steel and blast the whole thing with water every night like a prison or something. But no, it's gonna be fake wood panelling and Dyson driers blasting water all over the place.

windex
Aug 2, 2006

One thing living in Japan does is cement the fact that ignoring the opinions of others is a perfectly valid life strategy.

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

It surely can't be impossible to just build it out of steel and blast the whole thing with water every night like a prison or something. But no, it's gonna be fake wood panelling and Dyson driers blasting water all over the place.

Tokyo has several subway station restrooms that are made out of materials that look nice from further away but can just be sprayed off with drains in the middle of the floor. There are firehose receptacles in the restroom for this purpose. I only saw it happen once, I don't know why, and I don't want to know, just given the list of things I have seen happen before the first train.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

I've posted it before but I lived in a flat where there was carpet nailed to the floor around the toilet. The floor was also carpet. It was....not nice.

I don't know why in tyool 2023 it is still impossible to build a public toilet that does not instantly a) smell of piss and b) have half of the urinals broken and the wall panels falling off.

https://youtu.be/2D5qK8oh5lY?si=QsDvV-wBg_8sZY-w

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Recently saw a click-baity article about "genius ideas" and one of them was a urinal stall where the entire floor under the urinal was a grate over a drain, so that "misses don't make a mess!" And I am like ... why even have a wall-mounted urinal then? If pissing on the floor is that big a problem, just make it a flushing piss trough?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

wheatpuppy posted:

Recently saw a click-baity article about "genius ideas" and one of them was a urinal stall where the entire floor under the urinal was a grate over a drain, so that "misses don't make a mess!" And I am like ... why even have a wall-mounted urinal then? If pissing on the floor is that big a problem, just make it a flushing piss trough?

People will lay in it though.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

StormDrain posted:

https://youtu.be/IpJDTNCNr5E?si=e0kDxbnAQkUV1fzQ

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

quote:

[screams]

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

There's quite a few public toilets in Australia that do this - the whole thing self cleans after every use, similar to the one posted.

Otherwise most public toilets I've used are mostly tiled and easily cleaned, so they generally only smell like the piss that's accumulated since it was last cleaned, which unfortunately is still a lot of piss.

The USA has a reputation for bad toilets though, the cubical doors are weirdly tiny and the toilets fill all the way up with water for no discernible reason.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Splode posted:

There's quite a few public toilets in Australia that do this - the whole thing self cleans after every use, similar to the one posted.

Otherwise most public toilets I've used are mostly tiled and easily cleaned, so they generally only smell like the piss that's accumulated since it was last cleaned, which unfortunately is still a lot of piss.

The USA has a reputation for bad toilets though, the cubical doors are weirdly tiny and the toilets fill all the way up with water for no discernible reason.

i hate how high the water level is in american toilets, it really sucks when ya puke

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

StormDrain posted:

I was at a festival* and they had urinal troughs in portable units and went in there and then imagine my surprise for a woman to walk in and sit on the trough and use it right next to me. "I don't see why men shouldn't have to queue so long so why not".

*it was a one day thing that the local city population would go to and get utterly wrecked, a few years later they banned alcohol because it was such a mess so nobody went and they ended up closing it down.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

binge crotching posted:

If you had underfloor heat you wouldn't need or want carpet though!

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
All toilets will inevitably smell like piss until such time as the law is changed to allow men to sit down to pee

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Dried pissicles so thick and ancient the seat is foreverally encrusted to the toilet rim

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Renaissance Robot posted:

If you had underfloor heat you wouldn't need or want carpet though!

Or you can just wear comfortable slippers on whatever floor surface, to keep your feet nice and cozy instead

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Mx. posted:

i hate how high the water level is in american toilets, it really sucks when ya puke

That's usually adjustable. Also, try to puke less.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
I've just started puking in the tub.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Madonna Inn ( https://goo.gl/maps/9bggwUEoc2tEugzo7 ) has a urinal where you literally just piss on the floor.
It was interesting enough that I had to take a picture of it. Didn't use it, so no idea how it works, but I can imagine you get a lot of backsplash.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Looks like people mostly piss on the wall

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Best idea I've seen for getting people to piss right was taping a fake fly inside the urinal. Just makes them aim at it, trying to drown it.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I don’t know which thread this best fits in.

https://i.imgur.com/ixW4ucV.gifv

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
What can you say, a tarp's a tarp.

right arm