Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

Upsidads posted:

Shame Zoros actors famous dad didn't get the vax and died from covid two years ago. He could have had a cameo as someone

There’s always Brook. :yohoho:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Upsidads posted:

Shame Zoros actors famous dad didn't get the vax and died from covid two years ago. He could have had a cameo as someone

Having Sonny Chiba as your dad is a pedigree that is hard to top.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
If we ever do get to Brook, I hope he's just a skeleton puppet with the strings edited out.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7e4GW81z14

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gyges posted:

If we ever do get to Brook, I hope he's just a skeleton puppet with the strings edited out.

Franky's going to be a fun challenge.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Dawgstar posted:

They should be able to get back some money off of product placement at least.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

Jim Carrey wearing a thick suit

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Runa posted:

I also legit laughed at loud when Mihawk had a brief moment of hat to hat communication when he met Luffy

Think that was more him recognizing it immediately, but I like this interpretation more

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

its amazing how well this still holds up

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Brook could be Doug Jones (Abe Sapien) . He's already so used to full body makeup, the afro would be the hardest part.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Scallop Eyes posted:

Brook could be Doug Jones (Abe Sapien) . He's already so used to full body makeup, the afro would be the hardest part.

And drat, if you haven't seen him in What We Do In The Shadows he kills it every time he shows up there.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Imagine how hard LA Thriller Bark would go if all the zombies are stop-motion

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
As a musician with an afro, I am pleased to announce that I will play Brook

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh another thing, I like the twist of Helmeppo having long hair as a failson and getting the dumb bowl cut in the marines

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh another thing, I like the twist of Helmeppo having long hair as a failson and getting the dumb bowl cut in the marines

Helmeppo didn't get the bowl cut in the marines, that's what Zoro meant when he said he'd do something worse than death to Helmeppo, Zoro's the one who gave him that dumb bowl cut!

This live action once again reinforced just how loving dumb Kuro was.

My dude why are you literally waiting until the strike of midnight to kill Kaya? You could have just done it when you were sure anyone wasn't gonna visit earlier that night. This isn't some mythical magical passing on of title. Even if you were worried that someone might raise the point of Kaya not being 18 years old on death, and therefore not passing on the title to Kuro, doing it in the night between her birthday just raises the question of if she died before or after midnight! Do it the day AFTER!

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

OK I will stop dooming about the series, that's an insanely strong opening performance.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Irony Be My Shield posted:

OK I will stop dooming about the series, that's an insanely strong opening performance.

Is it enough for a second season? Who knows! Netflix sure won't say.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Marluxia posted:

Helmeppo didn't get the bowl cut in the marines, that's what Zoro meant when he said he'd do something worse than death to Helmeppo, Zoro's the one who gave him that dumb bowl cut!

This live action once again reinforced just how loving dumb Kuro was.

My dude why are you literally waiting until the strike of midnight to kill Kaya? You could have just done it when you were sure anyone wasn't gonna visit earlier that night. This isn't some mythical magical passing on of title. Even if you were worried that someone might raise the point of Kaya not being 18 years old on death, and therefore not passing on the title to Kuro, doing it in the night between her birthday just raises the question of if she died before or after midnight! Do it the day AFTER!

This is a world with willpower magic and fruit that turns you into various flavor of bullshit.

Maybe it IS some mythical magical passing on of the title. You don't know.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

Obviously we can't know for sure but Sandman is a comparable production and got renewed with about half this number of views in the same timespan.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

it's driving me up the wall

if only 80% of all the other projects they funded over the years didn't suck rear end

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
those numbers look very good but it's hard to tell cuz the rest of that top 10 lineup looks like absolute dogshit, and probably had 1/10th of the budget

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think it's hard for them to announce a renewal right now due to

The strikes

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

The strikes

It's time for Inaki to take his role as Luffy even further

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
If we can make it to Enel face, I'll be happy.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Who should play Enel anyway?

Besides Eminem

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

For that matter, who should play Franky?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

Larryb posted:

Preferably an actor who weight lifts like crazy but skips leg day.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/how-big-was-one-pieces-viewership-on-netflix-in-week-1/

Interesting comparison graph here for Thursday releases.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Larryb posted:

Dave Bautista

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

The strikes

Yeah, normally they will use renewal as a way to advertise the series, but without any ability to use the actors for promotion it will be difficult. They also can't get writing started, so even if renewed, the second season is going to be on a delayed start no matter what.

Sets and costuming should be somewhat cheaper for a second season, especially with the boats already built. But the CGI budget will have to grow for at least 2-3 Logias (Smoker, Crocodile, and likely Ace), plus hopefully they will include the giants. Then you get all the other Fruit users - at minimum I would say Chopper, Robin, Wapol, Daz Bones, Mr. 3, and Bon Clay (though his fruit is relatively easy and cheap). Likely to be seen would be Pell (now he can die the way he should have) and maybe Mr. 5/Miss Valentine. Perhaps Dalton as well - he sort of serves as a basic introduction to Zoans before we meet Chopper, and Chopper is weird in terms of his base appearance. I think many of the other Baroque agents will either be cut or have only a brief appearance to keep time and money down.

Chopper will be an interesting challenge - I'm on board for the full muppet style for his normal form to keep costs down. If his normal form is too expensive, he won't get the screen time he deserves.

Personal dream but I think it won't happen for budget - Karoo and the Duck squad.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

it'll be announced in a month at the earliest but the strikes will prob delay that announcement.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The giants should just be very silly forced perspective tricks and greenscreening

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Man, imagine Marineford and all the nonsense flying hither and yon during the battle.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Runa posted:

The giants should just be very silly forced perspective tricks and greenscreening

And miniature sets like a Megazord fight

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
So in the realm of youtubers giving their first impressions to One Piece, I got recommended this video series where the youtuber has his mom (who is a teacher) give her reactions, and in the second video she makes an interesting observation about Arlong Park: we're told about how the Gosa village got destroyed because they rebelled, and then afterwards Cocoyasi village also rebels, but they succeed because Luffy was there. This might be foreshadowing what we know about the One Piece and the Void Century, i.e. the Void Century might have been some conflict between the Void Kingdom and the World Government that ended in the Void Kingdom's defeat and we know that Wano, Zou, Fishman Island etc. were all waiting for Joy Boy to appear, as well as Roger being too early for the One Piece. (obviously the youtuber didn't tell his mom any of that but he was very intrigued by her comment.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xwPXhlrvb4

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/omochirisex/status/1699113890905203133?t=tz6q1cAFVQRy5SYGtcln3A&s=19

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I need them to put the gun that ate a dogdog fruit in the live action.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

he totally answered it, though. if they had a serious fight it would quickly devolve into suckin' and fuckin'. there is no winner and loser.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I hope walk point is an actual reindeer whose nose they turn blue in post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

I love that they think Oda not answering questions is anything new, like 3/4 of the SBS are taking the piss.