Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Random G Witch thought that isn't Armored Core. Llfrith is a funny name to give a robot when the word is made entirely out of sounds that are hard to form when speaking Japanese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

They just call it Rubris in the show

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Suletta still rules

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Arc Hammer posted:

Random G Witch thought that isn't Armored Core. Llfrith is a funny name to give a robot when the word is made entirely out of sounds that are hard to form when speaking Japanese.

I remember hearing Alaya-Vijnana and Gjallarhorn for the first time in Japanese and being extremely confused lol at least I could make out Gjallarhorn after the first couple instances but I still can't say AV in Japanese

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Synthbuttrange posted:

They just call it Rubris in the show

Yeah, much like Elmeth in 0079 is almost certainly intended to be Hermes but is mangled in the romanization for legal reasons, lfrith is probably meant to be “rubris” but there’s some external reason why they can’t use that for branding

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Azran posted:

I remember hearing Alaya-Vijnana and Gjallarhorn for the first time in Japanese and being extremely confused lol at least I could make out Gjallarhorn after the first couple instances but I still can't say AV in Japanese

It really doesn't help that they don't actually phonetically say "Alaya-Vijnana" in the Japanese dub, they say "Alaya-Shiki" because that's the Japanese translation of the Buddhist term it comes from because language is a game of telephone at best.

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Yeah, much like Elmeth in 0079 is almost certainly intended to be Hermes but is mangled in the romanization for legal reasons, lfrith is probably meant to be “rubris” but there’s some external reason why they can’t use that for branding

And Qubeley is allegedly supposed to be "Cybele" but the same thing happened.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Hermes and Cybele probably wouldn't mind. On the other hand, it'd be hard to trademark those names.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Might not be a Prodoros but I made a decent enough Darilbalde. Whoever added these gundam looking parts knew the assignment.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Nessus posted:

Hermes and Cybele probably wouldn't mind. On the other hand, it'd be hard to trademark those names.

The bigger problem with Hermes is that it's already a well-known luxury fashion brand with a strong presence in Japan, so you'd have some headaches if there's any overlap between the kinds of thing you're selling as merchandise and the kinds of thing they sell (and they sell a lot of different stuff).

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/theyetee/status/1697957592319111298

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Fascinating, but I can't seem to find a way to buy anything that even might be either of those.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mllaneza posted:

Fascinating, but I can't seem to find a way to buy anything that even might be either of those.
scroll down to today's designs, then click 'get it now'

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

ChuChu ftw

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/G_Witch_M/status/1698244439075074539?t=O7tNB82iYiGJY250w-2DFA&s=19

The goat milking duel and the other CD audio dramas get some artwork.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Sep 3, 2023

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

If you missed out on these (like I did) they're on HelloWinter's TeePublic https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/47536179-power-couple?store_id=2183346

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/G_Witch_M/status/1698244439075074539?t=O7tNB82iYiGJY250w-2DFA&s=19

The goat milking duel and the other CD audio dramas get some artwork.

The WHAT

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Audio drama for the volume 1 Blu Ray featured a duel between Chuchu and Miorine to see who could milk Tycho the fastest with the stakes being whether Mio and Suletta could use the Earth House manure as fertilizer for the greenhouse.

I miss season 1.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Sep 3, 2023

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/Daily4Sule/status/1698315109368836561?t=lG8PI_ZA0t7ZSr3BU5Th2g&s=19

They also changed the subtitles for ghost El4n.

"Sorry I stood you up" doesn't quite have the same undertone of "sorry I couldn't meet you but I was busy getting incinerated" that the original subs have.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also "stood you up" has connotations of dating so lol making it up to interpretation

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Between that and the changes away from Miorine telling Eri "I don't even know how you exist" I'm not too keen on these subtitle revisions.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

More like subtitle revisionism

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

new subs sound like he's saying it was his choice somehow

i wonder what the reasoning behind the change was

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

The "stood you up" sounds appropriate for El4n at least, since I dimly recall they were, in fact, going on a date of some kind.

What'd they change Miorine's line to? That was hilarious.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Nessus posted:

What'd they change Miorine's line to? That was hilarious.

When I've got 47 pages of posts in this drat thread it takes me a while to dig through them:

https://twitter.com/ravenndei628/status/1681222839024885762?t=-xIBxVKQF1yUabhxVKxwXQ&s=19

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The 1st one I don't mind changing because this is really weird to bring this up only now after 3 years

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

They should make a tiny gundam for her.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

They should make a tiny gundam for her.

Alright, I'll go get the Eri Gundam at the store

okay listen we're gonna have to put her in a guntank

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Sorry all they've got at the Gundam store are some scale model Michaelis kits.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

MatchaZed posted:

If you missed out on these (like I did) they're on HelloWinter's TeePublic https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/47536179-power-couple?store_id=2183346

Thank you!

No Chu Chu design, but I'll proudly rep the Power Couple shirt at work.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://twitter.com/Mick19988/status/1696019867382722753

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

When Suletta says she's proud of her mom for turning away from vengeance and will support her... what exactly do you think she means?

"I'm glad you turned away from murdering the man that killed dad and everyone else and focused on making a new world for Eri... uh, starting a war in the process and destroying several fleets."?

Or her just walking away from Quiet Zero in the end?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
She didn't walk away from Quiet Zero, the option was taken from her so she couldn't use it. Right up to the last minute Prospera was convinced that her way was the right way and she tried to get Suletta to do as she wanted for Eri's sake. It was only Suletta saying no and removing QZ from the equation that ended the threat. Even if Prospera gave up revenge because she didn’t actually kill Delling when the opportunity arose (nevermind that "paying Delling Rembran a visit" to get the QZ upgrade parts would have likely resulted in his death if they refused), her method for achieving Eri's happiness involved the threat of mass murder and suppression of anyone who stood in her way and she needed to be stopped.

Suletta's words to Prospera inside the datastorm about being proud and supporting her feel like an extension of the show's "not the best way" discussion about doing what you think is right even if you don't have a better way of accomplishing it. It doesn't really sit that well with me because of the human cost Prospera's way has already accrued and that's a hard thing to reconcile, but it's what the show was going for.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

It's very much, "you took away my gun, so I guess I can't kill him anymore. I give up." Like, I don't think this is a Fallout style 100 speech check talk the bad guy down at the height of his power. Whether Prospera gives up or not... 'revenge' is beyond her reach.

Conversion by the sword and all that. Obviously the show wants us to believe it is earnest, but I definitely think there's a finger on the scales here.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Eri went with Suletta and her kids fiancée just dunked her. She was able to accept defeat.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Nessus posted:

Eri went with Suletta and her kids fiancée just dunked her. She was able to accept defeat.

what was her other choice?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Saraiguma posted:

what was her other choice?

Not accept defeat and screech about it endlessly I guess.

Chronosynclast
Sep 29, 2021

Synthbuttrange posted:

When Suletta says she's proud of her mom for turning away from vengeance and will support her... what exactly do you think she means?

"I'm glad you turned away from murdering the man that killed dad and everyone else and focused on making a new world for Eri... uh, starting a war in the process and destroying several fleets."?

Or her just walking away from Quiet Zero in the end?

I understood it as her expressing sympathy for Prospera's underlying motivation.

Back when the first aERIl theories were going around, people were speculating that Prospera had callously turned Eri into a weapon to be used to get revenge against Delling. Then it turned out to actually be pretty much the opposite: Prospera was willing to give up on revenge against Delling and instead work with him on Quiet Zero for Eri's sake. In-universe, Prospera menaced Miorne by talking about having a vendetta against her family; but despite having plenty of opportunity to finish Delling off when he was helplessly comatose and she no longer needed him for her plans, she never did.

Suletta understands that Prospera is acting out of love for Eri and considers that to be a far more noble goal than mere revenge. She still doesn't approve of the plan, which is why she goes in the Calibarn to stop Prospera, but she doesn't view her as irredeemably evil psychopath who is just murdering people out of spite.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Well, aside from that part where she deliberately engineered a situation to cause a city full of Earthians to die horribly to provide five minutes of cover for her to blow up a hangar full of old model gundams.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Kanos posted:

Well, aside from that part where she deliberately engineered a situation to cause a city full of Earthians to die horribly to provide five minutes of cover for her to blow up a hangar full of old model gundams.

A psychopath who is murdering people put of love, then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Supremezero posted:

Not accept defeat and screech about it endlessly I guess.
Going down in some kind of blaze of "glory" was probably on the table, which would have probably accomplished nothing but hurt her children and, like, maybe she could give Chu-Chu an eyepatch or something? But she didn't, because she's not that kind of person, despite all the killing.