Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/sep/02/peter-wilby-editor-child-sexual-abuse

My editor trashed my inquiry into child sexual abuse. Now I know why

quote:

One morning, a fortnight ago, I checked the BBC headlines to find my old editor, Peter Wilby, peering out. He’d been exposed as a paedophile and convicted of possessing child sexual abuse images. I still feel sick at the discovery.

It would be disturbing enough to discover anyone you knew had done something so terrible – he was convicted of possessing images of children being raped since the 1990s. But Wilby wasn’t anyone. He was a pillar of the media establishment, an editor of the Independent on Sunday and the New Statesman, and a Guardian columnist.

Journalists who had worked with Wilby were appalled at his crimes, while others raged at his “hypocrisy”, but what shocked me was the creeping realisation that he had used his position as an editor and columnist to create what the writer Beatrix Campbell has called a “hostile environment” for victims of abuse.

It dawned on me that he had applied that “hostile environment” to me at the outset of my career when I was a freelance reporter at the Independent on Sunday, and he was its news editor.

love are free and fair media

quote:

But one of those implicated in the abuse, Supt Gordon Anglesea, successfully sued for libel and it marked the start of a wider backlash, led by Wilby, against whistleblowers, victims and journalists who paid too much heed to their claims.

As New Statesman editor, he published articles denigrating the north Wales victims as “damaged” and manipulated by journalists such as me, all part of a modern witch-hunt in which the real victims were those accused of abuse. The Anglesea libel verdict was regularly cited as evidence of the witch-hunt.

Some of my witnesses in this investigation did not survive. Three killed themselves, two of whom had alleged sexual abuse by Anglesea. The former senior policeman was eventually convicted in 2016 of sexually assaulting two boys, aged 14 and 15, at an “attendance centre” he ran for runaways. He was sentenced to 12 years and died in jail a few weeks later, but it was more than 25 years too late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Fun Fact: the popular James Bond series of novels and films was based on the life of MI6 agent Leon Trotsky.

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
Trotsky fucks

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Leon Trotsky was an MI6 agent since 1918, American intelligence documents reveal

Trotsky’s activities for the MI6, which began as early as 1918, paved the way for the semi-successful assassination attempt against Lenin, the Japanese occupation of Sakhalin.

post hole digger posted:

Fun Fact: the popular James Bond series of novels and films was based on the life of MI6 agent Leon Trotsky.

Hubbert has issued a correction as of 18:07 on Sep 4, 2023

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

crepeface posted:

quote:

He was sentenced to 12 years and died in jail a few weeks later, but it was more than 25 years too late.

Steve Gaol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/DailyMail/status/1698646213061468392

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Flyin out of st James
And I'm never doing time
Gotta gotta be down
Because I touch them all

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
Are those his actual eyes

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

no, it's a picture

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Hooplah posted:

no, it's a picture

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

lol the first thing that popped into my head after reading this is the norm macdonald quote that goes something like "funny ha ha like a woody allen movie not funny strange like a woody allen marriage"

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

an alien abduction movie is coming out on hulu so I'm back on that bullshit

quote:

While mentioned in Jacques Vallee’s Passport to Magonia, the story of Gerry Irwin has largely faded into obscurity except for hardcore UFO buffs. Luckily, author David Booher has given the case an impressive and much-needed contemporary exploration in his book No Return: The Gerry Irwin Story, UFO Abduction or Covert Operation? Booher dissects a variety of sources that pertain to Irwin’s purported abduction and amnesia and even talks to the elderly Irwin himself despite his memory of the event being cloudy and in some spots nonexistent.

To summarize the Irwin “abduction”: Gerry Irwin was a Nike missile technician in Ft. Bliss, Texas driving back from leave in Idaho on the 28th of February 1959. In the Utah desert he spots a “very large” brilliantly bright object in the sky, but cannot discern its shape due to “the streams of light shooting out from it.”1 Fearing the object was a crashing plane, he pulled over and went into the brush to investigate, leaving notes on his car. The light got brighter the closer he came to where he thought the object had landed/crashed but as soon as he crested a hill where he expected full sight of the object, he passed out. While authorities found him fairly quickly thanks to the notes on his car, Irwin did not wake up again for over a day.

There are a host of fascinating elements to this purported close encounter. The army treated Irwin for over a month at Ft. Bliss, reporting that they could find nothing physically wrong with him. Irwin—dissatisfied with the unhelpfulness of the army doctors and troubled with repeated blackouts and a lingering amnesia—inexplicably felt compelled to return to the scene of the incident. He found his jacket on some scrub (he had been muttering “jacket on bush” while unconscious) and a pencil in a buttonhole with a note attached. Amazingly, he burned the note without reading it as if in a trance. He eventually turned himself in to authorities and was again treated at Ft. Bliss but again the doctors could find nothing wrong with him. After his discharge from the army hospital, he went AWOL in an attempt to deal with the inner turmoil the even had caused. He was arrested as a deserter and spent just under a year in Leavenworth as punishment—but he also felt that he had resolved his apparent UFO-induced mental issues.

During Irwin’s first stay at Ft. Bliss’ medical facilities, his attending psychiatrist gave him at least one (but maybe more) interview under the influence of sodium amytol—one of several military attempts at a “truth serum”—and what he says under the sedative effects is intriguing:

"[Gerry] states there was a “special intelligence” that he couldn’t explain to me, since it would be incomprehensible to me, which has directed him not to remember or not to tell me about any of the events in Utah. He says that if he tells what was behind the incident in Utah there will be a “big investigation” that he does not want to be bother with and also because it will harm many people and he doesn’t want that to happen."

As Booher notes, the notion of a memory block that Irwin seems to imply will become incredibly common in the then-nonexistent abductee phenomenon. But perhaps this memory block was not given to him by an extraterrestrial or some other unknowable force—perhaps it was all part of some covert operation akin to what Bosco Nedelcovic said occurred in the case of Villas-Boas just a little over a year earlier. Luckily, Booher also accepts this version of events as a possibility, noting that Irwin’s case occurred “at the height of the federal government’s secret experimentation with mind control.”3 It was soon after this sodium amytol interview that Irwin returned to the scene of the incident and burned the note. Additionally, Booher finds conflicting reports from this point in time, where the army listed Irwin as both AWOL and remaining in the Ft. Bliss psych ward. Booher asks the important questions: “Was Gerry being subjected to secret procedures in the hospital, with the AWOL story as a cover-up? Or (…) was it the other way around? Were they trying to cover up his AWOL for some reason?”4 Irwin certainly seems to show numerous signs of his mind being messed with, a post-hypnotic suggestion to return to the scene of his encounter and burning the evidence while in a trance seems to be an awfully convenient way clean up traces of some kind of operation.

Another factor in agreement with the psyop angle of events is Irwin’s duties after his imprisonment for going AWOL (a second time) had ended:

"As soon as Gerry was released from his confinement at hard labor in August 1960, he was immediately shipped to Germany, a move which under ordinary circumstances would seem rather unexceptional. (…) After several years of service in Germany, Gerry was sent to Austria, disguised as an American tourist, on an officially non-existent mission. (…) It was something he was supposed to keep quiet about."

Irwin was doing spycraft in Europe, the exact goal of the countless US mind control programs that were ongoing in this period of time. He spent time in a Long Range Reconnaissance Patrol in Germany where he "was tasked with penetrating enemy lines during a conflict (...) and providing intelligence, primarily via radio communications."6 In Austria, a neutral country, Irwin was taking part in a covert operation, teaching "classes on operating some new American communications equipment the Austrians had purchased."7 Again, this seems like another intelligence role, albeit a more secretive one. Was his assignment in Europe post-detention just the inevitable result of a series of mind control procedures that were done on him? Irwin was lost to all UFO researchers by this point, Jacques Vallee writing in 1969 that his whereabouts remained unknown after deserting.8 Booher notes that MKULTRA programs were being run at Leavenworth and Irwin, as a soldier and prisoner, was a prime subject for these programs. Irwin “was in the middle of what was potentially a real nexus of MKULTRA activity,” considering the various Operation Paperclip scientists formerly stationed at Ft. Bliss and the proximity to a University of Texas campus where MKULTRA research was being conducted.9
https://tannerfboyle.substack.com/p/gerry-irwins-missing-journey#footnote-5-97362142

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

KORNOLOGY posted:

Are those his actual eyes

yeah woody allen got those b hole eyes

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I started reading this

gradenko_2000 posted:

Following up on the earlier discussion on "human terrain", I put out some feelers for further reading, and this came across my desk today:

Weaponizing Anthropology: Social Science in Service of the Militarized State

by David H. Price

quote:

The ongoing battle for hearts and minds in Iraq and Afghanistan is a military strategy inspired originally by efforts at domestic social control and counterinsurgency in the United States. Weaponizing Anthropology documents how anthropological knowledge and ethnographic methods are harnessed by military and intelligence agencies in post-9/11 America to placate hostile foreign populations. David H. Price outlines the ethical implications of appropriating this traditional academic discourse for use by embedded, militarized research teams.

Price's inquiry into past relationships between anthropologists and the CIA, FBI, and Pentagon provides the historical base for this expose of the current abuses of anthropology by military and intelligence agencies. Weaponizing Anthropology explores the ways that recent shifts in funding sources for university students threaten academic freedom, as new secretive CIA-linked fellowship programs rapidly infiltrate American university campuses. Price examines the specific uses of anthropological knowledge in military doctrine that have appeared in a new generation of counterinsurgency manuals and paramilitary social science units like the Human Terrain Teams.

David H. Price is the author of Threatening Anthropology: McCarthyism and the FBI's Surveillance of Activist Anthropologists and Anthropological Intelligence: The Deployment and Neglect of American Anthropology in the Second World War. He is a member of the Network of Concerned Anthropologists and teaches at St. Martin's College in Lacey, Washington.

sounds like a good time

and I keep going "what the gently caress" despite barely being 30 pages in

I mean maybe I shouldn't be so surprised because we know of things like James C Scott being a CIA operative, and the polio vaccination program in Pakistan being claimed to be a CIA op to sniff out bin Laden, but the impression I'm getting from this book is that the entire profession of anthropology is basically in service of, and cannot be severed from, imperialism, because there wouldn't even be a need to study peoples in the way that anthropology does, if they weren't in danger of getting obliterated by colonialism in the first place

gradenko_2000 has issued a correction as of 11:15 on Sep 6, 2023

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

gradenko_2000 posted:

I started reading this

and I keep going "what the gently caress" despite barely being 30 pages in

I mean maybe I shouldn't be so surprised because we know of things like James C Scott being a CIA operative, and the polio vaccination program in Pakistan being claimed to be a CIA op to sniff out bin Laden, but the impression I'm getting from this book is that the entire profession of anthropology is basically in service of, and cannot be severed from, imperialism, because there wouldn't even be a need to study peoples in the way that anthropology does, if they weren't in danger of getting obliterated by colonialism in the first place

lol that owns.

i reread the finished anti-memetics scp series recently, and seeing the shadow of capital, imperialism and colonialism throughout history is kinda like seeing the imprint of the villain of that story

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

The Saucer Hovers posted:

tfw the second airplane fails to kill Hemingway

lol ffs

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

I still think about this once in a while-- terrible camera work and battery discipline!!!!

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
The photos from inside the house are :whitewater:

Finders vibes

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Dokapon Findom posted:

The photos from inside the house are :whitewater:

Finders vibes

link?

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

A photo is in the twitter thread. That poo poo is hosed up.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

bobmarleysghost posted:

A photo is in the twitter thread. That poo poo is hosed up.

i don’t have or want a twitter account so I can’t see the thread.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

Brain Curry posted:

i don’t have or want a twitter account

:waycool:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
I don't even own a tv

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

is it weird to not use twitter...? it's a poo poo website

Human.Frank
Jun 2, 2022

Brain Curry posted:

i don’t have or want a twitter account so I can’t see the thread.
Same. You can use nitter.net to see twitter threads:

https://nitter.net/Edward__Bernays/status/1450927920562819074#m

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem
https://twitter.com/Edward__Bernays/status/1450931086586961926
Note says:

Wanda in sex
Wanda on sex 56

Wanda on sex 56
Wanda is C
Wanda is sex

Wanda Jackso Sex

ugh

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
A quick follow up to this story from April 2021

gradenko_2000 posted:

The Military Origins of Facebook

DARPA’s Data Mining for “National Security” and to “Humanize” AI

In the aftermath of the September 11 attacks, DARPA, in close collaboration with the US intelligence community (specifically the CIA), began developing a “precrime” approach to combatting terrorism known as Total Information Awareness or TIA. The purpose of TIA was to develop an “all-seeing” military-surveillance apparatus. The official logic behind TIA was that invasive surveillance of the entire US population was necessary to prevent terrorist attacks, bioterrorism events, and even naturally occurring disease outbreaks.

The architect of TIA, and the man who led it during its relatively brief existence, was John Poindexter, best known for being Ronald Reagan’s National Security Advisor during the Iran-Contra affair and for being convicted of five felonies in relation to that scandal. A less well-known activity of Iran-Contra figures like Poindexter and Oliver North was their development of the Main Core database to be used in “continuity of government” protocols. Main Core was used to compile a list of US dissidents and “potential troublemakers” to be dealt with if the COG protocols were ever invoked. These protocols could be invoked for a variety of reasons, including widespread public opposition to a US military intervention abroad, widespread internal dissent, or a vaguely defined moment of “national crisis” or “time of panic.” Americans were not informed if their name was placed on the list, and a person could be added to the list for merely having attended a protest in the past, for failing to pay taxes, or for other, “often trivial,” behaviors deemed “unfriendly” by its architects in the Reagan administration.

In light of this, it was no exaggeration when New York Times columnist William Safire remarked that, with TIA, “Poindexter is now realizing his twenty-year dream: getting the ‘data-mining’ power to snoop on every public and private act of every American.”

The TIA program met with considerable citizen outrage after it was revealed to the public in early 2003. TIA’s critics included the American Civil Liberties Union, which claimed that the surveillance effort would “kill privacy in America” because “every aspect of our lives would be catalogued,” while several mainstream media outlets warned that TIA was “fighting terror by terrifying US citizens.” As a result of the pressure, DARPA changed the program’s name to Terrorist Information Awareness to make it sound less like a national-security panopticon and more like a program aiming specifically at terrorists in the post-9/11 era.

The TIA projects were not actually closed down, however, with most moved to the classified portfolios of the Pentagon and US intelligence community. Some became intelligence funded and guided private-sector endeavors, such as Peter Thiel’s Palantir, while others resurfaced years later under the guise of combatting the COVID-19 crisis.

Soon after TIA was initiated, a similar DARPA program was taking shape under the direction of a close friend of Poindexter’s, DARPA program manager Douglas Gage. Gage’s project, LifeLog, sought to “build a database tracking a person’s entire existence” that included an individual’s relationships and communications (phone calls, mail, etc.), their media-consumption habits, their purchases, and much more in order to build a digital record of “everything an individual says, sees, or does.” LifeLog would then take this unstructured data and organize it into “discreet episodes” or snapshots while also “mapping out relationships, memories, events and experiences.”

LifeLog, per Gage and supporters of the program, would create a permanent and searchable electronic diary of a person’s entire life, which DARPA argued could be used to create next-generation “digital assistants” and offer users a “near-perfect digital memory.” Gage insisted, even after the program was shut down, that individuals would have had “complete control of their own data-collection efforts” as they could “decide when to turn the sensors on or off and decide who will share the data.” In the years since then, analogous promises of user control have been made by the tech giants of Silicon Valley, only to be broken repeatedly for profit and to feed the government’s domestic-surveillance apparatus.

The information that LifeLog gleaned from an individual’s every interaction with technology would be combined with information obtained from a GPS transmitter that tracked and documented the person’s location, audio-visual sensors that recorded what the person saw and said, as well as biomedical monitors that gauged the person’s health. Like TIA, LifeLog was promoted by DARPA as potentially supporting “medical research and the early detection of an emerging epidemic.”

Critics in mainstream media outlets and elsewhere were quick to point out that the program would inevitably be used to build profiles on dissidents as well as suspected terrorists. Combined with TIA’s surveillance of individuals at multiple levels, LifeLog went farther by “adding physical information (like how we feel) and media data (like what we read) to this transactional data.” One critic, Lee Tien of the Electronic Frontier Foundation, warned at the time that the programs that DARPA was pursuing, including LifeLog, “have obvious, easy paths to Homeland Security deployments.”

At the time, DARPA publicly insisted that LifeLog and TIA were not connected, despite their obvious parallels, and that LifeLog would not be used for “clandestine surveillance.” However, DARPA’s own documentation on LifeLog noted that the project “will be able . . . to infer the user’s routines, habits and relationships with other people, organizations, places and objects, and to exploit these patterns to ease its task,” which acknowledged its potential use as a tool of mass surveillance.

In addition to the ability to profile potential enemies of the state, LifeLog had another goal that was arguably more important to the national-security state and its academic partners—the “humanization” and advancement of artificial intelligence. In late 2002, just months prior to announcing the existence of LifeLog, DARPA released a strategy document detailing development of artificial intelligence by feeding it with massive floods of data from various sources.

The post-9/11 military-surveillance projects—LifeLog and TIA being only two of them—offered quantities of data that had previously been unthinkable to obtain and that could potentially hold the key to achieving the hypothesized “technological singularity.” The 2002 DARPA document even discusses DARPA’s effort to create a brain-machine interface that would feed human thoughts directly into machines to advance AI by keeping it constantly awash in freshly mined data.

One of the projects outlined by DARPA, the Cognitive Computing Initiative, sought to develop sophisticated artificial intelligence through the creation of an “enduring personalized cognitive assistant,” later termed the Perceptive Assistant that Learns, or PAL. PAL, from the very beginning was tied to LifeLog, which was originally intended to result in granting an AI “assistant” human-like decision-making and comprehension abilities by spinning masses of unstructured data into narrative format.

The would-be main researchers for the LifeLog project also reflect the program’s end goal of creating humanized AI. For instance, Howard Shrobe at the MIT Artificial Intelligence Laboratory and his team at the time were set to be intimately involved in LifeLog. Shrobe had previously worked for DARPA on the “evolutionary design of complex software” before becoming associate director of the AI Lab at MIT and has devoted his lengthy career to building “cognitive-style AI.” In the years after LifeLog was cancelled, he again worked for DARPA as well as on intelligence community–related AI research projects. In addition, the AI Lab at MIT was intimately connected with the 1980s corporation and DARPA contractor called Thinking Machines, which was founded by and/or employed many of the lab’s luminaries—including Danny Hillis, Marvin Minsky, and Eric Lander—and sought to build AI supercomputers capable of human-like thought. All three of these individuals were later revealed to be close associates of and/or sponsored by the intelligence-linked pedophile Jeffrey Epstein, who also generously donated to MIT as an institution and was a leading funder of and advocate for transhumanist-related scientific research.

Soon after the LifeLog program was shuttered, critics worried that, like TIA, it would continue under a different name. For example, Lee Tien of the Electronic Frontier Foundation told VICE at the time of LifeLog’s cancellation, “It would not surprise me to learn that the government continued to fund research that pushed this area forward without calling it LifeLog.”

Along with its critics, one of the would-be researchers working on LifeLog, MIT’s David Karger, was also certain that the DARPA project would continue in a repackaged form. He told Wired that “I am sure such research will continue to be funded under some other title . . . I can’t imagine DARPA ‘dropping out’ of a such a key research area.”

The answer to these speculations appears to lie with the company that launched the exact same day that LifeLog was shuttered by the Pentagon: Facebook.
https://twitter.com/BiggestShitter/status/1699536815357841899?t=wAoqcfwCaD07GqMUkRxIew&s=19

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

no loving way

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

that's not the only place facebook mentions lifelogs https://github.com/facebookresearch/TimelineQA

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I got a LifeLog right here :goatsecx:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

lol goddamn.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

MOTHER

FUCKER

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Trotsky being MI6 explains a lot

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Wrecker is wrecker, news at 11

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

gently caress it, why not

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

LifeLog was a project of the Information Processing Techniques Office of the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) of the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD). According to its bid solicitation pamphlet in 2003, it was to be "an ontology-based (sub)system that captures, stores, and makes accessible the flow of one person's experience in and interactions with the world in order to support a broad spectrum of associates/assistants and other system capabilities". The objective of the LifeLog concept was "to be able to trace the 'threads' of an individual's life in terms of events, states, and relationships", and it has the ability to "take in all of a subject's experience, from phone numbers dialed and e-mail messages viewed to every breath taken, step made and place gone".

:aaaaa:

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.
i thought the icepick treatment for trotsky was a little harsh, but now, oof

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
Once again Stalin is proven to have been a big softie who should've made more of an example of his enemies.

2 ice picks

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Frosted Flake posted:

LifeLog was a project of the Information Processing Techniques Office of the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) of the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD). According to its bid solicitation pamphlet in 2003, it was to be "an ontology-based (sub)system that captures, stores, and makes accessible the flow of one person's experience in and interactions with the world in order to support a broad spectrum of associates/assistants and other system capabilities". The objective of the LifeLog concept was "to be able to trace the 'threads' of an individual's life in terms of events, states, and relationships", and it has the ability to "take in all of a subject's experience, from phone numbers dialed and e-mail messages viewed to every breath taken, step made and place gone".
And if I remember this thread correctly, this program was "cancelled" and then Facebook was "founded" the very next day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Animal-Mother posted:

And if I remember this thread correctly, this program was "cancelled" and then Facebook was "founded" the very next day.

yah like a dozen posts up