Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

listen, i get it. that lady's poison womb is definitely a real issue, and you're not wrong to feel frustrated. but there's a time and place to say these things. User loses posting privileges for 12 hours

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
It takes at least 30 hours for a body to get cold, you made a real faux pas here I can't overlook.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Psycho Landlord posted:

Lol that he apparently did this in more than one place. He got banned from a discord I'm on for doing the same thing with another person.

Lol. Cool.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Psycho Landlord posted:

Lol that he apparently did this in more than one place. He got banned from a discord I'm on for doing the same thing with another person.

If it was the FF14 discord that was me lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the best part is the mod feeling the need to say that they agree with that deranged insane post that they're giving a 1 day probe to. Trad Games FTW

Feels Villeneuve posted:

listen, i get it. that lady's poison womb is definitely a real issue, and you're not wrong to feel frustrated. but there's a time and place to say these things. User loses posting privileges for 12 hours

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Remembering how excited I was to get back into MTG a couple years ago and reading the thread and realizing over time how many miserable people post in it

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
this is the same forum that repeatedly attempted to threadban like two people for liking a game with big titty art on its kickstarter

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

this is the same forum that repeatedly attempted to threadban like two people for liking a game with big titty art on its kickstarter

The insane pearl clutching over that game is so funny.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Remembering how excited I was to get back into MTG a couple years ago and reading the thread and realizing over time how many miserable people post in it

Its gotten a lot better, it used to all Toshimos, now its really just him who's always aggroposting. This isn't necessarily an endorsement, but its no longer my pick for 'worst thread on the forums'.

Also lol at the cedh guy... generally, but also for agreeing with Toshimo.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

i mostly use twitter these days for TCG-related news/posts and i think the only ones who aren't constantly aggro are digimon TCG players, and people who play that Bushiroad TCG with every anime girl from every series ever coming in for a big party

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Over the last couple of years I've taken up a little bit of an interest in board games and TTRPGs and if there's one thing I've learned from reading Trad Games it's that board games are the most important thing in the entire world and if you enjoy the wrong one or enjoy the right one in the wrong way then you are doing real world harm and neither god nor man can forgive you of your sins.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Tenkaris posted:

Between blizzard, wotc, games workshop, star citizen, path of exile... probably more I'm not aware of, they could do a case study for whales and the psychology of the sunken cost fallacy

Yes it's called gacha

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
TBF WotC is a pretty lovely company

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

TBF WotC is a pretty lovely company

You basically lose the right to tut tut or act morally superior about crap when you actively support them as your main hobby IMO.

criticizing them is entirely different and fine obviously.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The insane pearl clutching over that game is so funny.

No one in TG who loses their mind over that game has actually played it

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
tcgs ftw sometimes

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I think it's inevitable that some addicts will have bad feelings about their addiction, but the dancing on graves stuff is psycho poo poo.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Ibblebibble posted:

If it was the FF14 discord that was me lol

Nope. Different discord and different Asian goon as the target. Guess he's got a brand :v:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I'm sure I've said this before, but there should be a Magic tournament where you can't bring real legit cards, you have to make your own bootleg ones. They have to have official rules of some real card on them, but you have to make them yourself in some way, whether that be like printing off scans with an inkjet printer or whatever.

Also, the player with the most obviously bootleg cards should get some kind of minor gameplay advantage. The guy who ran off his cards at Kinkos can afford to have to play a little harder against the guy whose cards are all colored markers on hand-torn cardboard from a box of Night Train.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Ibram Gaunt posted:

You basically lose the right to tut tut or act morally superior about crap when you actively support them as your main hobby IMO.

criticizing them is entirely different and fine obviously.

It is balls out repulsive to say "good riddance" to a human being who died of literal cancer for undermining labor in service of capital or whatever psychotic thing he said and at the same time spend multiple hours per day writing about, thinking about, spending money on, promoting, theorycrafting for their biggest game as if you're not exactly as morally culpable for all the same poo poo. Especially since it is plainly obvious that there isn't really a fundamental moral objection to whatever labor aspect there supposedly is, Toshimo is mad about Sheldon's opinions on Commander and is upset that Sheldon was generally well liked in the community and that Toshimo don't get to dictate how the format goes instead.

The fact that multiple people respond to him, including the mod who probed him, with "drat Toshimo, you're so right all the time, I agree with you so much, but if you could just be a little more polite about your nutjob derangement, which btw I agree with the sentiment of, just want to make that clear" is vexing to me

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it would frankly be funnier if he had posted "im glad he died" because he disagreed with the commander banlist

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Feels Villeneuve posted:

it would frankly be funnier if he had posted "im glad he died" because he disagreed with the commander banlist

It would also be honest

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i mostly use twitter these days for TCG-related news/posts and i think the only ones who aren't constantly aggro are digimon TCG players, and people who play that Bushiroad TCG with every anime girl from every series ever coming in for a big party

Digimon tcg owns

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

womb with a view posted:

Digimon tcg owns

i cant loving find any locals for it. there's even One Piece and Flesh and Blood locals but no Digimon. what the hell....

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

got no idea what anything on that card means. I can figure out "play cost" and "digivolve cost" but let me just quickly type "digimon DP" into Google and we'll see what's what

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
ultimate | data | puppet

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

womb with a view posted:

Digimon tcg owns

Is that what I think it is?

E: I guess it's supposed to be its navel at the front, but that's definitely a bulge.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Sep 10, 2023

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Also lol at the cedh guy... generally, but also for agreeing with Toshimo.

I may agree with you, but I'll defend to the death your right not to say it -Voltaire

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I may agree with you, but I'll defend to the death your right not to say it -Voltaire

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
these are all weiss schwarz cards

weiss schwarz looks loving deranged and i kind of want to play it

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Didn't realize MUGEN expanded into card gaming

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Heath posted:

No one in TG who loses their mind over that game has actually played it

It's so funny. Game is basically just Berserk and Dark souls and yet anytime it comes up people there act like you roll dice to rape women or w/e due to 5th hand knowledge lol.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
it's truly bizarre, I thought it was some FATAL stuff but I looked at the game and its just some dark fantasy with some horny figurines.

you also get a lot of "additionally the game is a mechanical mess for these reasons I overheard once, so why would you play it unless you were a pervert"

if something is morally bad it is also mechanically bad and vice versa in tg

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i think it's just a consistent problem, not just here, that you can post psychotic poo poo as long as you use the good politics words about it

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
e)

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i think it's just a consistent problem, not just here, that you can post psychotic poo poo as long as you use the good politics words about it

Thought everyone must be going too hard on this and then I read the post "He betrayed labor to capital and stole jobs from workers" lmao

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
in fairness this is going back years but the TG drama flashpoint i remember was Tragedy Looper and multiple people having to chime in, every time the game came up, that they would never play it because it had an anime artstyle. tragedy looper was made in Japan

apparently this was actually a consistent enough complaint among TG players at large that the game had to launch a new version of the game, with western-style art

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Paladinus posted:

Is that what I think it is?

Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Farg posted:

it's truly bizarre, I thought it was some FATAL stuff but I looked at the game and its just some dark fantasy with some horny figurines.

you also get a lot of "additionally the game is a mechanical mess for these reasons I overheard once, so why would you play it unless you were a pervert"

if something is morally bad it is also mechanically bad and vice versa in tg

Yeah the clique of weirdos that dominates the boardgame threads (and the moderators that are just kinda cool with them) are one of the biggest missing stairs left on the website imo.