Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

trevorreznik posted:

Nah , do a Lego steel battalion controller setup

Functional Lego HOTAS setup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Anyway I thought I'd get in on this "M.O.C." thing the former kids are talking about :

(It's a crocodile.)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Anyway I thought I'd get in on this "M.O.C." thing the former kids are talking about :

(It's a crocodile.)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I don't mean to be rude, but I don't think that's very crocodily.

e: (On a serious note: didn't the lady in the original picture have her trousers on?)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

3D Megadoodoo posted:

(It's a crocodile.)

Never smile at a MOCodile

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

3D Megadoodoo posted:

(It's a crocodile.)

Wow thats a really small build! One stud!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mr Phillby posted:

Wow thats a really small build! One stud!

Turn on your monitor.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

3D Megadoodoo posted:

(It's a crocodile.)
I love him

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

strong Brick Testament vibes

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I don't mean to be rude, but I don't think that's very crocodily.

e: (On a serious note: didn't the lady in the original picture have her trousers on?)

She did.

There were other photos in the original shoot too, but I can't find them so who knows?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Lol

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Has anyone successfully assembled a wall mounted Speed Champions WickedBrick display? The instructions are less than helpful as is the support on the website.

If so, please pm what the fixing secret is to actually getting it together because after the last two hours I'm ready to start drinking again

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
KRAGLE

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
1967 Mercury Cougar

I think this design's been done for a couple months now and I just kinda forgot to order the parts and actually build it. Anyway! I've been trying on and off to make this particular model of Cougar for a long time now and I could never get the nose and hood just right. This, I think, satisfies me. I'm very happy with how the character lines on the side came out, made with nestled and inverted panel pieces. Fun little car. I built it in dark green so it could hang out with the 8th generation Cougar I built a while ago:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
I was going to say the grille and tail lights in particular are magnificent for how true to form they are, then I noticed what appear to be pistol bullbars?? :aaa:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I didn't know what a bullbar is to thanks for sending me on a where's waldo examination to try and learn from context. it's the front bumper thing

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Looking at the actual car it appears it might just be some ornamental grille flourish, they don't look like they would function well as tow hooks- but faithfully recreated in the model nonetheless. What are they, OP? :confused:

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Dokapon Findom posted:

Looking at the actual car it appears it might just be some ornamental grille flourish, they don't look like they would function well as tow hooks- but faithfully recreated in the model nonetheless. What are they, OP? :confused:
They are called "bumper guards" and from what I can tell, they're just vertical bumper extensions to protect the bodywork underneath the bumper, presumably in case you drive the car up to a high barrier or something that would otherwise damage the body there.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
the lego subreddit is really getting good with their 9/11 tributes

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
https://twitter.com/Boco_T/status/1537181046793711618

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
lmao

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Kragle can't warp Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene beams! :colbert:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Plastic gear?!

https://twitter.com/Kojima_Hideo/status/1701103983409102885

bltzn
Oct 26, 2020

For the record I do not have a foot fetish.
la li lu le go

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Next lego theme: patriots

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Dogen posted:

Next lego theme: patriots

Bricks of the

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Finally built the midi-sized Executor earlier and man, that has some really "imaginative" building mechanics for such a small-ish set. Looks really nice when done, though.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Just give me a full rear end Shadow Moses play set.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

A heads up for everyone, at least in my country the Galaxy Explorer went into the "last chance to buy" section of the Lego website. Since that appears to be an online-store-exclusive set only (can only find a couple listings for higher than MSRP on ebay, nothing in "real stores"), I've grabbed one before it goes out of stock and then I'd have to pay 50% more.

I don't even know where I'll put it, but :fomo:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

TorakFade posted:

A heads up for everyone, at least in my country the Galaxy Explorer went into the "last chance to buy" section of the Lego website. Since that appears to be an online-store-exclusive set only (can only find a couple listings for higher than MSRP on ebay, nothing in "real stores"), I've grabbed one before it goes out of stock and then I'd have to pay 50% more.

It's good, op

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

TorakFade posted:

I've seen one for sale in a Lego store just fyi but I don't know how common that is

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

gschmidl posted:

It's good, op

So disappointed they didn't use OG tri-tööted tööt pieces in the rear section. e: I guess they don't make them anymore?

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Somebody finally confirm (or deny) the UCS Tie Intercepter rumors. I have been waiting for that set for a decade and this is killing me.

:negative:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

3D Megadoodoo posted:

So disappointed they didn't use OG tri-tööted tööt pieces in the rear section. e: I guess they don't make them anymore?

They are still around.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Doctor Spaceman posted:

They are still around.

Anyone know what the piece is "officially" called in English?

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I've seen one for sale in a Lego store just fyi but I don't know how common that is

Oh maybe the local Lego store has it, didn't even check because they only sell for MSRP and don't have discounts or VIP points or anything. Since I'm close to a VIP points treshold for a nice discount, I'd rather buy online if bigger discounts can't be had on the open market!

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Anyone know what the piece is "officially" called in English?
On Bricklink it's

Brick, Modified 1 x 1 with 3 Loudspeakers / Space Positioning Rocket

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Tarquinn posted:

Somebody finally confirm (or deny) the UCS Tie Intercepter rumors. I have been waiting for that set for a decade and this is killing me.

:negative:

The Lego leaking community is usually pretty spot on with any rumor that gains speed from multiple sources so I'd say the Tie Interceptor is a lock.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Doctor Spaceman posted:

On Bricklink it's

Brick, Modified 1 x 1 with 3 Loudspeakers / Space Positioning Rocket

Ah OK thanks. I didn't think to search for loudspeaker although it should've been obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Ah OK thanks. I didn't think to search for loudspeaker although it should've been obvious.

I didn't think of it either, I looked up the OG Galaxy Explorer and scrolled through.