Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Apocron posted:

It was stated that a Ten Shadows User beat a Limitless user in the past so perhaps the reason for that is revealed next chapter?

The assumption Megumi makes is that the 10 shadow user performed a taming ritual for Mahoraga and included the Limitless user in the process like what Megumi then did to the lucky dude. I think that is likely but there is also the theories about a giant skeleton hidden within the 10 shadow domain expansion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caros
May 14, 2008

Apocron posted:

It was stated that a Ten Shadows User beat a Limitless user in the past so perhaps the reason for that is revealed next chapter?

As the other poster said:

It was probably murder-suicide by Mahoraga.

Keep in mind that limitless by itself is good, but it isn't bullshit. A normal user of the technique needs to activate it and drains cursed energy in the process of doing so along with all of their other stuff. Some of our high end regular cast could probably beat a regular limitless user.

The six eyse allow gojo to have insanely fine control and reduce his 'upkeep' as it were, which he then cycles back to functionally infinite with reversed curse technique to heal his brain.

But even together it is gojo that breaks the whole thing by being a genius freak. A previous limitless user was probably very strong, but nowhere near gojo.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Gojo has min-maxed his build to perfection

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
It's also impossible for a normal sorcerer to use Limitless without the 6 Eyes because it drains too much CE without them. There have been sorcerers born with Limitless in the Gojo family, but they can't use it. Yuta may be able to use Limitless, but he'd probably be super limited (heh) in what he can do.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I’d have to go back and check, but I’m pretty sure Gojo said the Limitless user that died fighting the Ten Shadows user also had the Six Eyes as well. Probably the main difference is that the previous user probably hadn’t mastered RCT to heal themselves like Gojo did, and enough time has passed that Gojo knows what Mahoraga is and how it works. Relations between the 2 clans were bad back then and everything was probably kept secret, so the previous clan member probably went into their fight completely blind

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

CharlestonJew posted:

I’d have to go back and check, but I’m pretty sure Gojo said the Limitless user that died fighting the Ten Shadows user also had the Six Eyes as well. Probably the main difference is that the previous user probably hadn’t mastered RCT to heal themselves like Gojo did, and enough time has passed that Gojo knows what Mahoraga is and how it works. Relations between the 2 clans were bad back then and everything was probably kept secret, so the previous clan member probably went into their fight completely blind

While Gojo had the upper hand near the end, it wasn’t always that way. It was looking extremely grim during most of the fight. I can see why ten shadows could beat six eyes limitless user.

Frankly, making Agito was a huge misplay on Sukunas part. Literally putting all your eggs in one basket. I’m guessing the other ten shadow person hosed with six eyes using rabbit (like how Toji used fly heads to scramble six eyes vision), and threw various shikigami out while summoning round deer to top off hp. Ten shadows has so much utility even without maharonga or a domain expansion.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

A big part of Gojo being so strong is stated in his opening training arc with Yuji - he has very good fundamentals of combat. Like he said, he's much more scared of guys with good control of cursed energy than someone with nifty gimmicks. Even without his CT, or a limited version of his full arsenal of spells, he can just beat the poo poo out of you like he did to Sukuna most of the fight. Also it explains why Miguel survived and gained so much respect from Gojo. I feel like this will have to be a big part of the kids final ascension to whatever coming-of-age Gege wants to make central to his protagonists journey.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Caros posted:

Gotta say that unless Sukuna pulls out some 'oh I could have used this to dunk on you at any moment' power up it really does feel like Gojo has this one. That or a fused 11th shadow, all according to plan situation.

If he wins by the former then that is bullshit and I'm sour. If he wins by the latter then he never had a shot at beating gojo without body jacking Megumi, which is interesting.

Surely, now this is when Sukuna pulls out his ace in the hole that Hakari alluded to in the last chapter. It could even be that gift Yorozu gave him; I have been waiting for this Chekhov's gun for months.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Turns out that squirtgun tech he used was his trumpcard, it just sucked so much that no one noticed

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Brought To You By posted:

I think that is likely but there is also the theories about a giant skeleton hidden within the 10 shadow domain expansion.

This seems to be something that has been going around the community for a bit, though I wonder how relevant it is that the Inner World Sukuna and Yuji shared ALSO had a giant skeleton around it. Gege seems to be the sort to use the ENTIRE plot buffalo as it suits him, both visually and narratively.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Maybe Sukuna just forgot to use his trump card? Everyone makes mistakes.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

I don't think it's going to be an "I could have always dunked on you with this" situation.

The narrative stated it plainly: Sukuna knows he's going to get jumped by a bunch of guys who he could crush individually if he wins against Gojo, but in a gauntlet, right after the hardest fight of his life? He knows he needs a trick or two to get out of that one. I'm hoping Gege switches it up a bit because this is just another shonen trope if he doesn't, but as it stands, I think it will go: Gojo is too strong to hold back against --> Sukuna uses the tricks he wanted to hide to scrape out a win against Gojo --> the peanut gallery jumps him and since he's all out of tricks, he loses --> Kenjaku pulls his reversal

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Yeah, that'd be fun if the rest of the fight is an increasingly desperate Sukuna pulling out tricks he held in reserve while a trash-talking Gojo counters and/or explains how they work for the benefit of the backup team.

In fact, rather than Sukuna suddenly revealing he had the ability to win the fight all along and he was holding back or didn't want to risk being empty-handed for the follow-up, both which runs counter to how he's consistently portrayed, it'd be fitting if what ultimately forces Gojo to tap out is that his remaining sure-win move if pressed would be another Purple, which might kill Sukuna outright and therefore also Megumi.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
What if Sukuna just loses because time moves on and progresses and he can’t be king poo poo forever, he just finally met his match and didn’t even get to pull out a trump card.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20230912/p2g/00m/0na/020000c

quote:

Tokyo's Shibuya mayor says 'Don't come' for Halloween

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

PringleCreamEgg posted:

What if Sukuna just loses because time moves on and progresses and he can’t be king poo poo forever, he just finally met his match and didn’t even get to pull out a trump card.

there’s people guessing he’s gonna go ‘enlightened’ like mahito but I want a clean gojo win

Caros
May 14, 2008

skipmyseashells posted:

there’s people guessing he’s gonna go ‘enlightened’ like mahito but I want a clean gojo win

The weird thing is that a clean gojo win feels the most subversive and interesting. Sukuna pulling out the stops and actually being the strongest is the expected outcome. It's be neat to see gojo just pull the fair W but be disabled or busy after the fight so the cast can deal with kenjaku.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I like Gojo but at some point his invincibility should be overcome. He's not the actual protagonist of the story and the overall narrative gets pretty boring if he can just solve everything for everyone - that's why the fight with Sukuna was exciting to begin with, since Sukuna was the one opponent in the entire world Gojo might struggle against... but now he's dunking on him as well.

We have the entire cast just watching Gojo deal with the big bad guy instead of doing it themselves

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I kinda disagree because, so far, Gojo has actually been anything but the solution to most problems. He's consistently been late and unable to stop Kenjaku's plans, he got sealed and the entirety of Japanese society collapsed, and he's just come back from being sealed. Furthermore, Black Flash's effects are very much not permanent, even if Gojo wins this (and I doubt Sukuna's gonna be completely out of the picture, at most he's gonna get removed from Megumi's body), he's probably not gonna be in a condition to just effortlessly defeat Kenjaku anymore.

I *do* think and hope however that Gege has a good path for Yuji going forward, because it's hard to imagine how he could be contributing at the moment.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It would be interesting for Sukuna to go down here and leave Kenjaku to Yuji and the others. Kenjaku isn't packing like 10 nukes in his pocket but he has a ridiculous amount of toys to play with and ways to divert all of the top-tier sorcerers who want to kill him. I don't think that's gonna happen though. I'm still banking on Ten Shadows Totality or Sukuna completing Megumi's domain to smoke Gojo at the last possible moment. We established that Gojo just overpowers Sukuna in a straight up fight even with some extra toys now; which means Gojo getting killed afterward is just some "cheat" or whatever and that Sukuna didn't earn it.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
interesting how we got that glimpse of condescending respect from sukuna when he smoked jogo but he’s just been spitting venom for this whole fight

feels like he’s not quite as enthusiastic about opponents who might actually be on his level

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

interesting how we got that glimpse of condescending respect from sukuna when he smoked jogo but he’s just been spitting venom for this whole fight

feels like he’s not quite as enthusiastic about opponents who might actually be on his level

I still have questions about that moment. I'm not convinced Jogo wasn't just making that whole moment up in his dying brain. I just don't see Sukuna as being the kind of guy to compliment anyone that nicely. But even still, Sukuna being perturbed that he's actually met his match doesn't surprise me. He probably never had to deal with a limitless + six-eye user in his time and his whole ego is built around killing people that didn't happen to be born with techniques on that level. Older sorcerers might have been more hardcore compared to modern sorcerers, but there's no accounting for being out-skilled by a better base ability.

Barring my theory that he does have something comparable to Kashimo's sure-hit cursed energy, it was clear without Megumi's CT Sukuna had no real answer for Limitless besides Domain Expansion and Amplification. And Gojo already overcame the domain expansion factor chapters ago and amplification never really factored into this fight.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Collapsing Farts posted:

I like Gojo but at some point his invincibility should be overcome. He's not the actual protagonist of the story and the overall narrative gets pretty boring if he can just solve everything for everyone - that's why the fight with Sukuna was exciting to begin with, since Sukuna was the one opponent in the entire world Gojo might struggle against... but now he's dunking on him as well.

We have the entire cast just watching Gojo deal with the big bad guy instead of doing it themselves

Gojo came close to losing this was not a one sided win. There is a good chance Sukuna would have won early in the fight had he not decided to go for the Mahoraga strategy.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Oxxidation posted:

He also showed respect to Yaorozu and Ishigori. (Well in the case of the later respect he was able to survive a planned killing blow so he had to try for the next one) He generally only shows respect at the very end of the fight, but he still seems to dislike Gojo quite a bit.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Oxxidation posted:

The page right after that he goes back to talking poo poo on his burning corpse, dudes always been a cell type bitch

notwithyourheart
Dec 27, 2013

will sukuna even go away when he dies? will he just become more cursed objects?

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

notwithyourheart posted:

will sukuna even go away when he dies? will he just become more cursed objects?

Well, there's still a finger left, so the answer is not really, he won't die. And I don't think Gojo wants to kill Sukuna and Megumi together unless there's absolutely no chance to free him. Megumi's practically his adopted son.

notwithyourheart
Dec 27, 2013

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Well, there's still a finger left, so the answer is not really, he won't die. And I don't think Gojo wants to kill Sukuna and Megumi together unless there's absolutely no chance to free him. Megumi's practically his adopted son.

i'm just thinking when sukuna dies at any point in the future, i suppose we can't really guess until we know some of the specifics of becoming a cursed object on death

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021

Caros posted:

The weird thing is that a clean gojo win feels the most subversive and interesting. Sukuna pulling out the stops and actually being the strongest is the expected outcome. It's be neat to see gojo just pull the fair W but be disabled or busy after the fight so the cast can deal with kenjaku.

Yeah, for all that Gojo did here him actually winning is still the most surprising outcome.Gege would have to really want to make a point for that to happen.

In that way, this fight reminds me of Chrollo vs Hisoka in HxH (Togashi's stated goal in that fight was to have the guy who said he was 100% winning, actually win for once).

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

When this fight gets animated it’s gonna be like an hour long episode jfc

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

MonsterEnvy posted:

He also showed respect to Yaorozu and Ishigori. (Well in the case of the later respect he was able to survive a planned killing blow so he had to try for the next one) He generally only shows respect at the very end of the fight, but he still seems to dislike Gojo quite a bit.

Tbf even the people that like Gojo still hate his rear end

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Scallop Eyes posted:

Yeah, for all that Gojo did here him actually winning is still the most surprising outcome.Gege would have to really want to make a point for that to happen.

In that way, this fight reminds me of Chrollo vs Hisoka in HxH (Togashi's stated goal in that fight was to have the guy who said he was 100% winning, actually win for once).

Well and win easily.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

What if, instead of Gojo or Sukuna winning, Chrollo showed up and beat them both

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
We're all sleeping on Rabbit Escape getting fully buffed by the destruction of all the other shikigami. Now it's Vorpal Rabbit Evisceration.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021

Ytlaya posted:

What if, instead of Gojo or Sukuna winning, Chrollo showed up and beat them both

If it was written/drawn by Togashi I think Gege would be fine with it.

Now that this fight is close to ending (I think), I have to wonder how the hell the Kenjaku fight will stack up, especially because we have like 15 people just waiting to do something.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

I've been trying to find a nen ability that could actually get around Gojo's infinity and I think it would be better to just drop him in a nen space and hope he can't pull a Majin Buu and bust his way out. Maybe a haunting-type curse could eventually drain him of cursed energy to leave him vulnerable to attacks but that assumes it couldn't be destroyed and that it would work fast enough to be practical.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ytlaya posted:

Gojo and Sukuna made the fatal mistake of choosing the same day the supermarket is having a big sale.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Lamebot posted:

We're all sleeping on Rabbit Escape getting fully buffed by the destruction of all the other shikigami. Now it's Vorpal Rabbit Evisceration.

I’m imagining Dagons domain, just instant being eaten alive by ferocious rabbits. If Gege doesn’t draw this they’re a coward.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

It occurs to me that though it would make a lot of sense for Sukuna to be right that Gojo hid his last finger, maybe Kenjaku has it and the gotcha will come when he heals Sukuna by giving it to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
There's no way Kenjaku's master plan is to just have sukuna beat Gojo in the fight we just saw. He's been alive for centuries if his plan was that weak he'd just wait for Gojo to die of old age. So yes something is going to happen and it could be finger.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Sep 14, 2023