Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Weka posted:

they are scared because America no longer raping the world means they, or more likely their children or grandchildren, may have to get a real job.

Got some good news about that

there wont be any jobs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

fanfic insert posted:

Got some good news about that

there wont be any jobs

why not

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/revhowardarson/status/1697010129668067382?s=46

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I just looked in my wallet and there were no dollars in it.

it's happening

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

"Please don't coup me again!"

And really, who could blame him? I'd prefer not to be couped myself.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
https://www.mideastdiscourse.com/2023/09/04/turkiye-proposes-national-currencies-trade-with-russia/

quote:

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has underscored the importance of switching to national currencies in bilateral trade with Russia. He made these comments during his meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Sochi on Monday.

“I believe that the fact that the heads of our central banks will meet here today is important from the point of view of a step towards the transition to national currencies in bilateral relations between us,” the Turkish president stated.

no idea why this would be under cryptocurrency news

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Majorian posted:

"Please don't coup me again!"

And really, who could blame him? I'd prefer not to be couped myself.

That was Dilma. Lula got arrested because of Obama's lawfare

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
https://www.spglobal.com/marketinte...zation-71833728

quote:

The Chinese central government has pushed for the broader international use of its currency for years, including as part of its 14th five-year plan announcement in 2021. With Chinese imports growing to more than 70% of the seaborne iron ore market in 2021, the world's four largest iron ore producers established trading subsidiaries in China to directly sell yuan-denominated products to port markets. Russian companies, subject to sanctions after the invasion of Ukraine, started selling coking coal to China in yuan.

Mongolian mining companies have settled some coal sales in yuan, with some of the revenue applied toward expenses for infrastructure projects, an industry source said. And even Saudi Arabia, the world's top crude oil exporter, is in active talks with Beijing to price some of its oil sales to China in yuan.

---

In July, Australia's BHP Group Ltd. became the last of the top-four iron ore producers to set up a trading arm in China to directly sell yuan-denominated products in spot markets, following Rio Tinto Group, Vale SA and Fortescue Metals Group Ltd. And China's Baoshan Iron & Steel Co. Ltd., the world's largest steelmaker, plans to increase yuan settlement for iron ore imports to 10% in 2022 from 6% in 2021, the company said on the Shanghai Stock Exchange website in March.

Australian miner Fortescue, which generated 90% of its revenue from China in 2021 and 2020, established a wholly owned Chinese sales entity in 2019, known as FMG Trading Shanghai, with the intent to sell yuan-denominated iron ore direct to customers from Chinese ports. Since then, over 32 million tonnes of iron ore have been transacted through the entity.

---

What matters most is how to price iron ore.

Chinese companies are still using the U.S.-denominated Platts Iron Ore Index to price long-term contracts, which are accepted by steelmakers, traders and especially iron ore suppliers, Shanghai Metals Market's Xie said. The index is a benchmark assessment of the spot price of physical iron ore by S&P Global Commodity Insights.

Chinese iron ore futures might become an alternative.

In November 2019, Vale signed a physical iron ore spot deal to supply Shandong Laigang Yongfeng Steel Corp. using the iron ore futures price from the Dalian Commodity Exchange as the pricing benchmark. In the past two years, the "basis trading" contracts are accepted by domestic trade between top traders and steelmakers in developed regions such as Shanghai, Jiangsu province and Rizhao port in Shandong, Xie said. Basis trading prices are less volatile compared with U.S. dollar-denominated seaborne prices.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202...on%20Wednesday.

quote:

Iraq has announced that it will finance its imports from China in yuan for the first time, a move aimed at coping with its dollar shortage and seen as a potential step for the internationalization of the Chinese currency, Reuters reported on Wednesday.

The use of the yuan in international trade has seen steady progress in recent years.

The People's Bank of China, the central bank, has on Tuesday appointed a clearing bank for yuan's settlement in Brazil.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Does anyone remember one of the reasons Saddam got the full force of US fire power because he tried to switch from USD to Euro to sell oil? Poor guy just moved maybe 10 years too early. If he just hunker down in the 00s, he could be still alive and partying with MBS and Assad right now.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

stephenthinkpad posted:

Does anyone remember one of the reasons Saddam got the full force of US fire power because he tried to switch from USD to Euro to sell oil? Poor guy just moved maybe 10 years too early. If he just hunker down in the 00s, he could be still alive and partying with MBS and Assad right now.

I don't think Saddam got along with the Assads all that well so if he had played ball we would have had him trying to slice off the oil having part of Syria when the civil war popped off

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

What's the investment in Tibet look like nowadays anyway? People talk about xinjiang because of the push but I don't think anyone gives a poo poo about Tibet anymore so I don't know what it looks like there

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Grapplejack posted:

What's the investment in Tibet look like nowadays anyway? People talk about xinjiang because of the push but I don't think anyone gives a poo poo about Tibet anymore so I don't know what it looks like there

You should also this in the cspam asia or preferably gbs china thread.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

gbs should not be allowed to have a china thread

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

The Voice of Labor posted:

gbs should not be allowed to have a china thread

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

how do I get in on this, can I invest my us murderbucks in a brics currency yet

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
im gonna start a BRICS cryptocurrency and see how many people i can scam

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.
All in all it's not just another BRICS in a wall

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I bought this brics crib with bricscoin

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
pretty detailed breakdown. some stuff in here about :
  • russia's recent economic forum
  • NATO vs BRICS economies
  • BRICS bank still giving out too many loans in US $
  • currency that can buy only certain goods as a intermediate process to de-dollarisation
  • national digital cryptocurrencies
  • imf and neo-colonism
  • BRI and the pakistan coup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJSzHN71Qj8

crepeface has issued a correction as of 07:33 on Sep 24, 2023

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

crepeface posted:

pretty detailed breakdown. some stuff in here about :
  • russia's recent economic forum
  • NATO vs BRICS economies
  • BRICS bank still giving out too many loans in US $
  • currency that can buy only certain goods as a intermediate process to de-dollarisation
  • national digital cryptocurrencies
  • imf and neo-colonism
  • BRI and the pakistan coup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJSzHN71Qj8

this is a good one, the russian economic forum stuff is particularly fascinating

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

if i reform the confederacy can i join brics?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
does de-euroisation count?

https://twitter.com/ElysiusThor/status/1715496223120237054?s=20

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
There is way more yuan trade outside of Swift.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

yeah but it's a pretty big deal for the yuan to overtake the Euro within Swift.

Sept 2023 top 5, as reported by the Berliner Zeitung:

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

good

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

hell yeah

I want to see one of those “tons of steel produced” or “miles of track laid” time lapse bar chart videos about this. I distinctly remember talk of how the yuan was way down on the list of settlement currencies. the conclusion was something like drat china is on the rise check this space in a decade or two. I want to say that was like six months ago lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the euro is dumb. gently caress it.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Looks like this says more about Euro than Yuan.

Namely Euros should just start using dollars like proper colonies of America.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Edit: don't know how that happened

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Lostconfused posted:

Looks like this says more about Euro than Yuan.

Namely Euros should just start using dollars like proper colonies of America.

this is probably a direct consequence of germany choosing self-annihilation with respect to russian natural gas, so working as intended. it's just that the shrivelled brains in charge can't really grasp that there's an alternative to the West, that they don't win by default

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Real hurthling! posted:

the euro is dumb. gently caress it.

my opinion of euros is insanely bad purely because i never, ever had to use coins before we switched to euros, we just used really cheap and lovely paper bills for everything and it was so much easier paying for poo poo when you didn't have to sort through the goddamn coin purse

now i avoid cash like the plague, doesn't matter what you try to do with it, it'll result in dealing with a shitload of tiny loving coins, like you're sorting through legos or something

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Truga posted:

my opinion of euros is insanely bad purely because i never, ever had to use coins before we switched to euros, we just used really cheap and lovely paper bills for everything and it was so much easier paying for poo poo when you didn't have to sort through the goddamn coin purse

now i avoid cash like the plague, doesn't matter what you try to do with it, it'll result in dealing with a shitload of tiny loving coins, like you're sorting through legos or something

1940s german in a tank: we own europe!
2000s german in a bank: what he said!

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Truga posted:

same thing in croatia, plus i kinda miss our old currency, it was prettier
i won't lie, the euro does give me a frisson of "wow we're in a greater community!" feeling but then i remember that the community is the eu

prices did go up but i don't know if it's the euro or the war that's to blame

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Bismarck was the last german with half a brain.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Cerebral Bore posted:

lemme tell ya, this drat economy is de-dollarizing my wallet

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Hamburgeristan continues to eat the lunch of Europe

the WSJ posted:

Private consumption has declined by about 1% in the 20-nation eurozone since the end of 2019 after adjusting for inflation, according to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, a Paris-based club of mainly wealthy countries. In the U.S., where households enjoy a strong labor market and rising incomes, it has increased by nearly 9%. The European Union now accounts for about 18% of all global consumption spending, compared with 28% for America. Fifteen years ago, the EU and the U.S. each represented about a quarter of that total.
Adjusted for inflation and purchasing power, wages have declined by about 3% since 2019 in Germany, by 3.5% in Italy and Spain and by 6% in Greece. Real wages in the U.S. have increased by about 6% over the same period, according to OECD data.

https://archive.ph/dqbDH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
american real wages have risen, according to the not-bullshit inflation metric that measures everything except stuff people spend on

Palladium has issued a correction as of 02:40 on Oct 28, 2023