Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Dropsite From The Ropes Massacre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

to put an even finer point on it, she wore Luna Wolves gear in the match where they earned the title and then switched to Sons of Horus gear in the match where they were defending it, where she turned on her partner and cost them the match

also she then wore gear based on horus himself for the match where she fought her former partner and mentor in the blow off match to end the feud, although she might know something we don't about the end and the death volumes 2 and 3 since she wound up winning.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

wrasslin rules, not liking wrestling is simply impossible for the discerning warhammer fan

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Tell me one of her finishers is named Worldbreaker.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

wrasslin rules, not liking wrestling is simply impossible for the discerning warhammer fan

It's like a runner saying they never learned to walk. Warhammer is just wresting with explosive ordnance.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQiBGT0CDWo

Dale as a Tzeenchian champion is a perfect choice.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Arc Hammer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQiBGT0CDWo

Dale as a Tzeenchian champion is a perfect choice.

Lol that rules

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

First episode of Pariah Nexus is out today on WarhammerTV. It was ok but it is definitely the best animation quality they've put out so far imo.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Speaking of WH+, apparently Exodite was the way it was because of GW interference;
https://twitter.com/DrCharlamagne/status/1701951364417404988

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Cooked Auto posted:

Speaking of WH+, apparently Exodite was the way it was because of GW interference;
https://twitter.com/DrCharlamagne/status/1701951364417404988

Oh geez. Like people who didn't subscribe to WH+ needed another reason to be angry about WH media.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

That about tracks with what I suspected.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

that entire post is insanely lmao. “sorry, the rules we wrote say you’re from the jobber faction. Hands are tied.”

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Makes me wonder what other GW mandated changers were made to fanfilms. Maybe the Iron Warriors movie wouldn't have been butchered with poor editing and Dark Eldar fighting astartes on foot using cover.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Arc Hammer posted:

Makes me wonder what other GW mandated changers were made to fanfilms. Maybe the Iron Warriors movie wouldn't have been butchered with poor editing and Dark Eldar fighting astartes on foot using cover.
The whole point of this streaming whatsits was so GW could make money on other peoples' work and shill out as much content as possible. In this they emulate the ideals of the Imperium.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I dont't even think Exodite sucked or anything and like ok, so a Manta gets wrecked by a Titan. That's not worth crying about FFS.

There's an entire video game where a lone Fire Warrior dunks on the whole rear end Imperium of Man.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

AndyElusive posted:

I dont't even think Exodite sucked or anything and like ok, so a Manta gets wrecked by a Titan. That's not worth crying about FFS.

There's an entire video game where a lone Fire Warrior dunks on the whole rear end Imperium of Man.

Yeah that really isn't some sort of horrible offense imho

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
The whole titan scene is kicking rad and tau fans complaining about it once again shows they are the worst.

I'm the complaint that the advisor for the tv show about pew pew aliens in the pew pew chainsword universe did not have real military experince.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Sep 13, 2023

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
It would be extremely frustrating and disappointing to have GW interfere in the streaming shows but it also isn't too surprising I suppose. Hopefully they can keep themselves from completely ruining all their shows like executives always do.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

This talk has reminded me that the first episode of Pariah Nexus is up.

I wonder if SoB fans will worse and more vocal than Tau fans?

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
The Minka Lesk novels are actually pretty neat from a lore perspective, though I wouldn't say the writing is amazing.

1. Deals a lot with the aftereffects of a very large and important Imperial Heresy.

2. Shows how the Imperial Guard does sieges, probably some of the better described sieges scenes in the book universe?

3. Scale, the author somehow gets the scale of everything down enough with their wording without actually telling you hard numbers. You know that an absolute gently caress ton of penal troopers died, and that an absolute gently caress ton of people are in the siege camp, but not the exact amount.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

It's gonna be so funny if Cavill quits the Warhammer show because GW keep interfering in ways that go counter to the lore he loves.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Pariah Nexus was pretty cool. If that wasn't the astartes guy leading it, they sure emulated the best they could. The sound effects were the first of any of the series since that actually sounded GOOD. Everything had weight behind it. I'm not sure I liked the chapter cuts every 10 seconds, it got annoying. The Sister of Battle was.. annoying. Next time use Sister of Silence plspls. The guardswoman was good because she kept making fun of the Sister and somehow didn't get executed.

But it was GOOD. Just nitpicky because it's 40k and thats what we do. Absolutely cannot wait for the next episode!

I'm not up on my Necron lore: What were the "zombie" soldiers? Do the Necrons do this?

Philthy fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Sep 14, 2023

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Pariahs are old Necron units from around 5th ed: https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Necron_Pariah

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Philthy posted:

Pariah Nexus was pretty cool. If that wasn't the astartes guy leading it, they sure emulated the best they could. The sound effects were the first of any of the series since that actually sounded GOOD. Everything had weight behind it. I'm not sure I liked the chapter cuts every 10 seconds, it got annoying. The Sister of Battle was.. annoying. Next time use Sister of Silence plspls. The guardswoman was good because she kept making fun of the Sister and somehow didn't get executed.

But it was GOOD. Just nitpicky because it's 40k and thats what we do. Absolutely cannot wait for the next episode!

:agreed: I'm looking forward to more.

Philthy posted:

I'm not up on my Necron lore: What were the "zombie" soldiers? Do the Necrons do this?

Illuminor Szeras is like the Fabius Bile of the Necron Dynasties. He likes to gently caress around with biology and those are implied to be a released crop of erstwhile human experiments.

I have a theory about the Guardswoman in that she's not actually real.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Not taking a side on tau fan vs Imperium fan slapfights but lol at the "military advisor" who I like to imagine is just day drinking through his entire job and saying stuff like "nah bruv, you can't have Eldar flipping around in a warzone like a bunch of poofs".

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Philthy posted:

The soldier was nagging at the Sister of Battle so drat much I was kind of thinking she's a figment of her imagination? Like a spectre of guilt from her subconscious or what have you. This was reinforced by the soldier not helping at all during the fight scene. But then some bits, the way it was shot didn't read like that. Guess we will see.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

She's definitely not really there. She never had weapon or participated in the fights at all nor was she targeted by the enemies.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Do you think Orks would listen to Da Beasty Boyz or are they too hung up on the Goff Rokker?

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Sep 15, 2023

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I think they're more into The Sporulation Sluggas tbh

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I found another "reacts" video for Astartes. I'm a sucker to see how other animation professionals react to this. This guy noticed something I had never known. At the end, when the soldier is looking around the Beksiński inspired world you can see the rest of his squad mates teleporting in on to the platforms in the distance. I had never noticed that before. God drat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cef3Lwmh9Ts

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
A shame that Astartes 2 is seemingly never coming out since the acquisition. I was hoping to see that Lamenter have a bad time.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Arc Hammer posted:

A shame that Astartes 2 is seemingly never coming out since the acquisition. I was hoping to see that Lamenter have a bad time.

The animator has posted short vlips on his patreon every once in a while :shrug:

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Philthy posted:

I found another "reacts" video for Astartes. I'm a sucker to see how other animation professionals react to this. This guy noticed something I had never known. At the end, when the soldier is looking around the Beksiński inspired world you can see the rest of his squad mates teleporting in on to the platforms in the distance. I had never noticed that before. God drat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cef3Lwmh9Ts

I usually don't like react videos but I've watched a bunch of them for Astartes because it's just so loving good and I love to see professionals who know even better than me how hard it is to pull something off at this level even with a team pick their jaws up off the floor after watching it and realizing it was one dude.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

D-Pad posted:

I usually don't like react videos but I've watched a bunch of them for Astartes because it's just so loving good and I love to see professionals who know even better than me how hard it is to pull something off at this level even with a team pick their jaws up off the floor after watching it and realizing it was one dude.

Yeah, I really enjoy this too. And everyone seems to have different takes and detail points they really enjoy.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Improbable Lobster posted:

The animator has posted short vlips on his patreon every once in a while :shrug:

Yeah, he put out a new clip two days ago after a year of silence about a non-40k animation he's working on V.45. It reminds me of Armored Core meets Kow Yokoyama designs. It looks freaking cool as heck.

He posted that he's been working on so much, and that he's been dealing with being burnt out, etc etc. It didn't sound very positive.

At the very least, he's putting out absolutely inspiring material that I hope is showing what is capable and everyone else strives to be just as good.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Arc Hammer posted:

Do you think Orks would listen to Da Beasty Boyz or are they too hung up on the Goff Rokker?

'Orkwind

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Gunz 'n' runtherdz

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Orkupine Tree

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

notaspy posted:

Gunz 'n' runtherdz

Slasha is such a Goff Rokker knockoff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005