Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

Augus posted:

that’s literally every stand battle

Exactly, which is why we need a fireball boss to shake things up.

No gimmicks, just fireballs and lots of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

We already had Planet Waves

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
Planet Waves did rule, I'm starting to come around on this idea

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jojolands final boss: It's Survivor. Again.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
The final battle is just two guys beating each other up with no Stands or powers.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I honestly do think it would be cool to have a main villain who just has a straight-forward and strong stand that they're really good at using and Jodio/whoever is the one doing some incredible bullshit that just isn't working. I'm not sure if it would actually work but it would make for a cool twist.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Just have Kars come back from deep space

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

The final battle is just two guys beating each other up with no Stands or powers.
Okay, but it would be a cool touch if Jodio punched the final boss in the face and dug his thumb into their eye.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
New Araki note

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

:yeah:

This is the worst thing about WoU. You literally cannot fight him or you die, so you just have characters standing there doing nothing. And then he bullshits by going "Oh yeah, you're touching a thing I touched, so you're still pursuing me." What is this, playground rules?

the stand itself clearly making up it's own powers as it went along, to the point where it itself sounded unsure, was surreal

at least giorno had the decency to pretend that his stand could always do that when he made up new powers, have some confidence dude

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

hatty posted:

New Araki note

I'm disappointed that Araki is wrong about calendar trivia.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hiatus after this chap until November.
Enjoy a break Araki, my immortal buddy

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

"I hope he'll grow up to be a fine young man" he says of the confirmed sociopath

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

WrightOfWay posted:

It's bullshit but I believe it

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

WrightOfWay posted:

What's he wrong about?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Mraagvpeine posted:

What's he wrong about?

July and August came long before the Gregorian calendar in 1582.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Mraagvpeine posted:

What's he wrong about?

The added months were January and February, July and August were just renaming existing months.

Overly simplified timeline of the Roman calendar:
10 month calendar (March through December, winter existing outside of the normal calendar) -> 12 month calendar (Jan and Feb added to the end of the year to contain winter) -> Jan and Feb moved to the beginning of the year (this is when the numbered months no longer correspond to their number) -> Julian Calendar (basically the modern calendar, a couple decades after it was first adopted the months of Quintilis and Sextilis were renamed July and August respectively)

The only difference between the Julian and the modern Gregorian Calendar are that the Gregorian omits a couple of leap years, the names and lengths of months (barring some linguistic drift) are the same.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Next you’re gonna tell me he’s wrong about rainbows and mass hypnosis

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

hatty posted:

Next you’re gonna tell me he’s wrong about rainbows and mass hypnosis

he's not wrong that no one knows what kind of weather there might be

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

araki was right about rods

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

WrightOfWay posted:

The added months were January and February, July and August were just renaming existing months.

Overly simplified timeline of the Roman calendar:
10 month calendar (March through December, winter existing outside of the normal calendar) -> 12 month calendar (Jan and Feb added to the end of the year to contain winter) -> Jan and Feb moved to the beginning of the year (this is when the numbered months no longer correspond to their number) -> Julian Calendar (basically the modern calendar, a couple decades after it was first adopted the months of Quintilis and Sextilis were renamed July and August respectively)

The only difference between the Julian and the modern Gregorian Calendar are that the Gregorian omits a couple of leap years, the names and lengths of months (barring some linguistic drift) are the same.

odds are araki was actually there when they did it and our modern understanding of this actually wrong

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I'm pretty sure he's demonstrated he doesn't have eidetic memory though

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Araki has never forgotten a thing in his life.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

he's using king crimson on us, we're forgetting what happens in the story when it's active, it just appears to us that he forgets things all the time but he knows all

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Jojolands CH. 8 is outs

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

this part is going to own a lot

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Oh gently caress that was such a good chapter.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

this part is going to own a lot

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

When a Jojo chapter is called "Let's [do a thing]"

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I don't at all begrudge Araki taking time to take it easy, but oh mannn we won't find out what happens next until November.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
So Usagi absolutely just swiped that watch, right?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

CodfishCartographer posted:

So Usagi absolutely just swiped that watch, right?

"WILD CARD BITCHES!"

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I really appreciate that Araki split the party such that the two pairs have been dropped into situations they're uniquely unsuited for.

Dragona and Usagi are planners, Jodio and Paco are improvisers. The inside pair has a "shoot or die" situation suddenly sprung upon them, the outside pair is facing an unknown, potentially long-range threat that they can't react to or improvise against until they figure out what's going on.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

When a Jojo chapter is called "Let's [do a thing]"

It's even better this time cause the title page is like "what mysterious mechanisms await on this adventure?"

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I always enjoy when stuff happens because our characters are being proactive, instead of it happening to them. I figure the watch got into Dragona's purse somehow instead of Usagi swiping it. It was Dragona's idea to even do all this, it'd be fitting if poo poo goes down because it gets found on their person.

In other news, a package from Japan arrived today:

I don't intend to buy many of these physically, but I do think having the first one is pretty cool.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

jodio looks so shiftless every time the camera is pulled out enough that low-poly jodio kicks in

what a lovely teen. love this for him

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Literally neurodivergent and a minor.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
something about the character writing in this part so far feels a lot more like stuff a human would say. I mean sorta but still, it's good

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Yeah the gang in this part is very strongly written, each has their own very distinct and memorable personality and they all bounce off each other in fun ways. Jojolion had some fun characters, but the personalities of the core trio of Josuke Yasuho and Rai were...pretty bland. They were mostly all just Nice People with some weird hobbies or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

has anyone in jojo ever been as much of a poo poo-stirrer as usagi