Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Scallop Eyes posted:

I really hope we get more extras with Falin, she's such a goober like her older brother, and this chapter showed that.

Same, now that they've won, I feel like I've barely seen any of her at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

marcille and falin did not kiss 0/10 waste of time

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

just kidding what a fuckin banger of a series o7

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

panko posted:

doublepost and I don’t see them post here much anymore but monstrous thanks to #EverydayHeroes, Apoptosis and HouseofGlass for such high-level scanlation work. The end-of-chapter glossaries for dungeon meshi (and for golden kamuy) are some of the best in the game. thanks for your efforts in making this series accessible and popular among english-speakers.

HouseofGlass posted:

You're welcome (to everyone else too)! I'm still around, I just like lurking more than posting. Doing big glossaries almost became a game to see if we could outdo each other each time and maybe make a psd file big enough to crash our computers. It's nice to be able to take it easy now though!

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
I'm glad that even if it was a weird dream/inner mind place Falin got to eat some Faligon meat too. It would be a shame if she was the only one who didn't get to join in the feast!

Here's hoping we get a little supplementary book of just random epilogue stories, I still wanna see everyone meeting Chilchuck's family!

Scallop Eyes posted:

I really hope we get more extras with Falin, she's such a goober like her older brother, and this chapter showed that.

My favourite Falin scene is still this one way back at the first resurrection

Best siblings :3

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they'd never meet chilchuck's family, because senshi probably got a pretty high position in the kingdom. that is, he became a wealthy dwarf.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

My favorite manga of all time bar none. I want more more more, i cant wait to watch the anime. Now that the main series is over i just want to recommend it to as many people as possible.

Its a perfect 10. Amazing story, characters, art, design work, everything.

ryoko kui is such a talent, man!!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Going to definitely give this series a re-read. I think the story did stumble a bit after Thistle is handled and the whole demon event started. But that perception aside, Dungeon Meshi has been a consistently quality series and I'm glad it stuck the landing. I wish Kui the best in the future, whatever she decides to do and I'm happy that the Dungeon Meshi crew all got happy endings.

HouseofGlass posted:

You're welcome (to everyone else too)! I'm still around, I just like lurking more than posting. Doing big glossaries almost became a game to see if we could outdo each other each time and maybe make a psd file big enough to crash our computers. It's nice to be able to take it easy now though!

Just echoing a thanks to you and your crew for sticking with this series and giving us quality work.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

also in addition to some feathers falin has lil fangs now. good stuff

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Jerkface posted:

Its a perfect 10. Amazing story, characters, art, design work, everything.

ryoko kui is such a talent, man!!
Completely in agreement with this. And with being grateful for the great translation :)

This was an amazing ending. My only complaint is that I would have liked if Marcille's obvious feelings for Falin had actually made it from subtext to text; but everything else, from the visuals to the writing, is pretty much flawless.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
This is an all-time great series, right up there with Pluto.

Chicken Thumbs
Oct 21, 2020

Time is dead and meaning has no meaning!
Ryoko Kui deserves the world, what a lovely ending

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
maybe the best manga ever nbd. 10/10 no notes

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

It's a very weird feeling to know it's finally over.
But nice either way.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
What a hell of a series. I'm glad it's done, because that means it actually stuck the landing. A manga with a beginning, a middle and an end, and no gross fanservice nonsense. A manga I can actually recommend to people. Fantastic.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Beautiful. What a lovely ride this has been.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I like that the dragon part of the falin hybrid was represented in her mind palace by a cute widdle babby dragon buddy

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Lt. Lizard posted:

It's a straight up happy ending IMHO. The "curse" (lol) is basically the only wrinkle, with everything else resolving in the best way it possibly could.

Are you joking? Did you even read the chapter??

Just... tragic.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

if it's fine for owlbears it's fine for dragons

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Is this the best manga panel of all time

(yes)

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

Is this the best manga panel of all time

(yes)

Kabru regrets signing up to this kingdom every day of his life.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
What a fantastic series; it's been wonderful to keep up with it over the past few years and to watch this beautiful story unfold. Thanks a million to the translators and wishing many great meals to you & everyone else in this thread.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

kidcoelacanth posted:

also in addition to some feathers falin has lil fangs now. good stuff

She's become at least 10% more genki.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

lol

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

God yeah if they release her Daydream sketches in a big compilation pleeaaasseee

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
Is Dungeon Meshi the best completed manga of all time? I'm thinking it is

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

scaterry posted:

Is Dungeon Meshi the best completed manga of all time? I'm thinking it is

it's certainly a close second to FMA in my mind

turns out meticulous and well-crafted worldbuilding count for a lot!

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

kidcoelacanth posted:

it's certainly a close second to FMA in my mind

turns out meticulous and well-crafted worldbuilding count for a lot!

Thesis: Dungeon Meshi is the best completed manga of all time
Antithesis: FMA is the best completed manga of all time
Synthesis: Silver Spoon is the best completed manga of all time

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Dungeon Meshi's certainly going to join the ranks of "near-perfect media" alongside FMA at the very least. I have zero complaints about a single thing about Dungeon Meshi, it was just so incredibly good start to finish.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
So I have one final question.

What was the Winged Lion thinking about at the end? Was he toying with the idea of denying Falin's resurrection but then he decided not to?

That being asked, such an incredible series. It's either this one or Golden Kamuy for being my favorite.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Donkringel posted:

So I have one final question.

What was the Winged Lion thinking about at the end? Was he toying with the idea of denying Falin's resurrection but then he decided not to?

That being asked, such an incredible series. It's either this one or Golden Kamuy for being my favorite.

That was basically my take, the manifestation of the winged lion’s curse was weighing his options as to what the most hosed up thing to do to laios was, and “never let him near a monster again” won out over “ruin falin’s resurrection” by inches

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

That was basically my take, the manifestation of the winged lion’s curse was weighing his options as to what the most hosed up thing to do to laios was, and “never let him near a monster again” won out over “ruin falin’s resurrection” by inches

Okay cool. I did go back and re-read it and have potentially another idea.

The Winged Lion is asking Falin if she is hungry and she wants to eat more. WL's entire sentient existence was driven by a hunger for desires and when Laios consumed the desire it caused WL to say "Well that loving sucked. I'm glad I'll never be hungry again because it was a pain."

He was wondering out loud if he should let her revive and be hungry again, consigning her to a "cruel fate". He decided not to because he is beyond mortal cares again, so he just waved her off to be resurrected.

This kind of goes in line with the ending message, to eat is to be alive, Falin ate so she is alive but the Winged Lion does not eat so he is not alive (and beyond such concerns).

That take could be me going way too in depth for it though.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
It seemed like a pretty straightforward 'to live is to suffer, maybe staying dead and free of desire is better' type take to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I wish Falin got to keep her little dragon buddy outside of that dream. I know it's just a part of her soul but it would be cute if she had a little monster pet.