Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
maxwell seems like a much bigger fish than ol' jeff. old money, aristocracy, connections to intelligence, media empires, social media, and various militaries.

legit bond villain stuff, wonder what the plan is for her. plenty of strings she can still pull from her minimum security facility in florida.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Born in Bexhill
Apr 9, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

laughing at the recent programmed to chill when they realize the xmen is based on hosed up cia personality development research at berkeley/santacruz by dr frank x barron (whose son was named charles francis xavier)

I’m going to become Magneto.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

laughing at the recent programmed to chill when they realize the xmen is based on hosed up cia personality development research at berkeley/santacruz by dr frank x barron (whose son was named charles francis xavier)

this is making my ears ring but i cant find anything drawing comparison.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Mola Yam posted:

maxwell seems like a much bigger fish than ol' jeff. old money, aristocracy, connections to intelligence, media empires, social media, and various militaries.

legit bond villain stuff, wonder what the plan is for her. plenty of strings she can still pull from her minimum security facility in florida.

that weird picture from when she was on the run of her at an in n out with a book that her lawyer made sure to say was about fallen cia officers was either a threat or begging for mercy. I tend towards the latter cause I don’t see why a threat would be so public. also she’s notably still alive.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
i mean if covid was epstein's dead man switch, just imagine what ghislane's must be

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
more from "Weaponizing Anthropology"

quote:

John [Allison]’s last day of [Human Terrain Systems] training was the first day of MARDEX, a military role playing exercise designated as “Weston Resolve.” For the exercise, the class was presented with a training scenario in which the fictional nation of “Lakeland” was located in an area to the northeast of Kansas City was the focus of operations. John wrote that,

quote:

In the PowerPoint slide presentation laying out the back- ground for the “operations”, the Wargame role-playing is represented by staff as merging into the real world drug, crime, and environmental “contention” within the community. The whole mission is represented as bringing a military state control of the local population which has recently elected a local government that is a “permissive” (supportive) environment for US Army activities after the previous local government had withdrawn from the US as a sovereign society. Now the US military is taking over the area to reestablish public security (JA to DP 2/10/10).

The class was then told that the mission they were training to support was one in which the military was establishing order in a setting where environmentalist-separatists had taken over.

John explained that in this hypothetical training scenario,

quote:

IATAN, a coal-fired power plant on the Missouri side of the river is one of the main military foci due to “contention within the community” over the environmental pollution it is causing. Sierra Club and other, more radical groups have been active in this area: ELF is one such radical group. Even though there is an elected government and rule of law in Lakeland, there are some ‘insurgents’ who are opportunistic.’ That is why the US Army has moved into this area that has broken away from US control.

Staff Assignments to the several Human Terrain Teams that make up the class of the November Cycle were issued as follows: 1. ‘Find out more details on the criminal activity.’ 2. Find out the best conduits to pass ‘information’ (PsyOps and InfoOps) to the local population. 3. HTT is assigned to produce a ‘Research Plan’ to understand the situation at the IATAN power plant — people’s concerns, desires, etc., and identify those who were ‘problem-solvers’ and those who were ‘problem-causers,’ and the rest of the population whom would be the target of the information operations to move their Center of Gravity toward that set of viewpoints and values which was the ‘desired end-state’ of the military’s strategy.

As I thought about what was being done in this activity, and the way it adapted COIN strategy for Afghanistan/Iraq to be applied by the US military in situations in the USA where the local population was seen from the military perspective as threatening the established balance of power and influence, and challenging law and order, I began to think back on stories that circulated among the ant-war movement in the 1960s-70s, about concentration camps being developed just for imprisoning such protestors an “problem- causers”. And I wondered who would be working on the Human Terrain Teams to enable the US military’s actions against unruly segments of their own countrymen; perhaps Afghan and Iraqi anthropologists who had specialized in US ethnography? (JA to DP 2/10/10)

Human Terrain Teams practicing training scenarios set in regions actually within the United States bring the very notion of “human terrain” back home to its domestic counterinsurgent roots. As anthropologist Roberto Gonzalez documents in his book, American Counterinsurgency: Human Science and the Human Terrain, the very phrase “human terrain” grew out of domestic counterinsurgency initiatives. Gonzalez describes how in 1968 the US House Un-American Activities Committee re- leased a report entitled “Guerrilla Warfare Advocates in the United States” which warned that the Black Panthers and other militant groups threatened the country’s political stability. HUAC warned that “irregular forces...possess the ability to seize and retain the initiative through a superior control of the human terrain” (González 2010:113-114). The clear implication was that the control of civilians in America’s cities was vital to winning the counterinsurgency struggle at home.

just as Gladio was brought home
just as the Phoenix Program was brought home
so was Human Terrain Systems brought* home

[yes, as the final paragraph says, HTS began in the US, but it rhymes better that way]

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

Mola Yam posted:

one of the og reddit posters and most prolific until her arrest.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

gradenko_2000 posted:

more from "Weaponizing Anthropology"

just as Gladio was brought home
just as the Phoenix Program was brought home
so was Human Terrain Systems brought* home

[yes, as the final paragraph says, HTS began in the US, but it rhymes better that way]

:911:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Marenghi posted:

one of the og reddit posters and most prolific until her arrest.

you can tell brace is an op cause he denies this

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Mola Yam posted:

yeah. also, what are her sisters up to?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

my bony fealty posted:

interviews with people who were around Jeff and Ghislane are fascinating because it becomes clear that they were very strange people who had no idea how to interact with other humans, outside of the sex crimes. there's one on Trueanon where the lady says that they must not have had any real friends because they would social dump on the hired help and it's rather disturbing.

Does this mean they would gossip about the personal lives of the help to the other wealthy pedophiles, or that they would gossip about the wealthy pedophiles to the help?

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

socially dumping on the hired help about the people who like to regular dump on the "hired help"

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.
The idea of a bunch of billionaires sitting around the table sipping 100 year old wine and gossiping about the cleaning lady's husband having an affair is very funny to me.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Mola Yam posted:

robert maxwell was literally the basis for one of the Bond villains lol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ConditorCancri/status/1703808507579969778?t=rBC8Qrcyq9dmrAogCBu8Lw&s=19

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
was the "unga" in "unga bunga parties" a reference to the UN General Assembly?

I never really made that connection.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

without knowing anything about it i'm gonna say yes

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

It was the wrong place and wrong time in a country where basically no one has guns? It's like Chris Rock's joke about bullet control for Christ's sake, someone randomly catching a stray round doesn't really figure.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

her brother: "someone probably thought they could get their 15 mins of fame shooting a famous woman. no story here."

uh bro, your theory makes no sense cause nobody was caught wtf!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Was the brother looking offscreen and sweating profusely?

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

As I recall they were bunga-bunga parties, I think it’s just a goofy word to convey all the “silliness” that went/goes on at those things without any deeper meaning

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Captain Caveman would say "unga bunga" and I always thought it referred to guys behaving like cavemen, aka clubbing women over the head and dragging them to their cave.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

without knowing anything about it i'm gonna say yes

just checking back into say it was definitely that

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

silvio claims col. qaddaffi taught him the phrase bunga bunga from an old british joke about africa.

as slate reports:
If Qaddafi did teach a sex act by that name to Berlusconi, he might have taken his inspiration from an old English-language joke. The joke, in short, involves three Westerners captured by a primitive tribe. The chief offers each of them a choice between death and bunga bunga. (In some tellings, the alternative is unga bunga.) The first two choose bunga bunga and are sexually tortured in various ways before being killed. The third, seeing what’s come before, selects death. At this, chief sighs heavily. “Death you have asked for, death you shall have,” he says. “But first a little bunga bunga.”

super gross poo poo! very cool of italys leader to reference sexual torture and snuff in this way while abusing young kids.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Real hurthling! posted:

silvio claims col. qaddaffi taught him the phrase bunga bunga from an old british joke about africa.

as slate reports:
If Qaddafi did teach a sex act by that name to Berlusconi, he might have taken his inspiration from an old English-language joke. The joke, in short, involves three Westerners captured by a primitive tribe. The chief offers each of them a choice between death and bunga bunga. (In some tellings, the alternative is unga bunga.) The first two choose bunga bunga and are sexually tortured in various ways before being killed. The third, seeing what’s come before, selects death. At this, chief sighs heavily. “Death you have asked for, death you shall have,” he says. “But first a little bunga bunga.”

super gross poo poo! very cool of italys leader to reference sexual torture and snuff in this way while abusing young kids.

Wasn't this a plotline in Futurama

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011
No that was snoo snoo, very different

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i think that's a pretty decent punchline

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

The westerners probably deserved it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Saucer Hovers posted:

its in the recently unlocked patreon episode fbi vs ptk part 4

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Dokapon Findom posted:

As I recall they were bunga-bunga parties, I think it’s just a goofy word to convey all the “silliness” that went/goes on at those things without any deeper meaning

The origin of "bunga-bunga" was when a group of pranksters put on blackface, posed as Ethiopian royalty, and got a VIP tour of HMS Dreadnought in 1910. As they couldn't speak Amharic, they repeated the phrase "bunga-bunga", and it became something of a meme.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Chamale posted:

The origin of "bunga-bunga" was when a group of pranksters put on blackface, posed as Ethiopian royalty, and got a VIP tour of HMS Dreadnought in 1910. As they couldn't speak Amharic, they repeated the phrase "bunga-bunga", and it became something of a meme.

what a legend
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horace_de_Vere_Cole

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Love to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, a weekday morning on the doorstep of a property that I own, where I am then held down and killed by a single shot to the temple. Simply a matter of wrong place, wrong time

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

its in the recently unlocked patreon episode fbi vs ptk part 4

edit: they dont say anything about it other than what you said here. just literally "his middle initial is X. does he xman? woaaaahah his son is NAMED xman!!" im formally accusing you of wasting my time. dont worry my time is valueless

The Saucer Hovers has issued a correction as of 17:55 on Sep 19, 2023

His Purple Majesty
Dec 12, 2008

The Saucer Hovers posted:

Google Animorphs and Yeerkes institute

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

ororo monroe institute

Tincans
Dec 15, 2007

"we just.. smoke cigars and play baccarat"

https://twitter.com/HuntClancy/status/1703923216127852687

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

well this is just disappointing. apparently the Major General George Bush that met with Dulles in October 1961 is....just a totally different George Bush.

George Monroe Bush, from Illinois. West Point class of '45, retired as a Major General, was later awarded the Army Distinguished Service medal for his work in the Pentagon from 1971 to 1973.

that sucks.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

mdemone posted:

well this is just disappointing. apparently the Major General George Bush that met with Dulles in October 1961 is....just a totally different George Bush.

George Monroe Bush, from Illinois. West Point class of '45, retired as a Major General, was later awarded the Army Distinguished Service medal for his work in the Pentagon from 1971 to 1973.

that sucks.

16 years to major general seems incredibly fast

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

mdemone posted:

that sucks.

it's over :negative:

500excf type r posted:

...we're loving BACK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

500excf type r posted:

looks like he got up quickly while at the pentagon