Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Real question is if Luffy ever ate any of Chopper's rumble balls and, if so, what happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

It’s only a zoan, it’s not any other kind of fruit, the elders say as much.

All the gears are applications of cartoon physics, none of them make sense. Why would your heart beating extra fast make you super strong? They’re hybrid forms with varying levels of cartoon physics, they only work because Luffy thinks they should work.

The extra special thing about the fruit is that the awakened form affects other things, but who knows for sure since we have only seen 1 other confirmed awakened Zoan (Kaido has not been confirmed to be awakened AFAIK). Who knows, maybe Lucci can turn a wall into a cat-wall or something.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

How could you forget the five Jailer Beasts of Impel Down???

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Tampa Bae posted:

I thought the number theory was supposed to be Franky getting Kuma's fruit
This theory actually saw big changes with the nika reveal. Now the thought is that nami will get enel's fruit, because the ship is missing a 5-6 fruit and already has a 2-9 fruit.

Oda has really fed this theory too even giving kinemon a 2-9 fruit when it was the missing one (for his own amusement I guess).

I dont speak japanese so I dont know more than what I've read online about this.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Scholtz posted:

How could you forget the five Jailer Beasts of Impel Down???

Lol, I meant to edit in that they don’t count since they were basically zombies with no will of their own, but got distracted. They don’t have the weird flame cloud things Luffy and Lucci have either.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Haha I was just kidding, I think Oda's forgotten about them too

Was monster point confirmed to be awakening or is that just theory?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

No aspect of Chopper's fruit makes any sense with regards to the established rules of zoans

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

its pretty safe to say the human fruits are all very strange. i wonder if "a human eating the human fruit causes them to instantly enlighten" only applies to the base model or if luffy and sengoku are also enlightened. it would make sense if we consider enlightenment as a true or complete understanding of ones self and their place in the world, as its only after luffy eats the fruit that we ever see him talk about his dream that is as ridiculous as his powers, and ties him directly back to roger. but, were still missing too much information about how devil fruits actually work and will probably need to wait until meeting jaguar again at a minimum, if not getting to laugh tale or even beyond.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I have no idea what 5-6 fruit and 2-9 fruit means, but ever since Nami starting incorporating the weather and particularly lightning into her fighting style I have been increasingly onboard with the idea of her getting Enel's fruit.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

I have no idea what 5-6 fruit and 2-9 fruit means, but ever since Nami starting incorporating the weather and particularly lightning into her fighting style I have been increasingly onboard with the idea of her getting Enel's fruit.

the syllables in all the crews fruit map onto syllables of the japanese numbers 1 through 10. so gomu is go(5) and mu(6), and why you see luffy wearing that shirt that says 56 on it as a kid and chapters with 56 in their numbering usually being portentious. oda loves numerology tricks like this and its a big part of the japanese speaking theory community.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Its from this:

quote:

Question: Odacchi! I noticed an amazing thing!!! It is that if you show the Straw Hat Devil Fruit users in numbers, it will be the numbers from 1~10!!

Luffy→Gomu Gomu (5.6.5.6.), Chopper→Hito Hito (1.10.1.10), Robin→Hana Hana (8.7.8.7.), Brook→Yomi Yomi (4.3.4.3.)

(1.3.4.5.6.7.8.10), but there is no (2.9), so is the one who ate the Nikyu Nikyu (2.9.2.9.) no Mi, Bartholomew Kuma, gonna be a Straw Hat next? Please tell me!!! P.N. SHANKUS.LOVE

Oda: WHAAAAAT?! (shock) Gosh that surprised me! Why was I surprised?! NO COMMENTTTTTTT!!!!!!!! NEXT!!

Gomu became Nika, which removed 5-6 and added 2-9. Goro is afaik the only other fruit we know of that satisfies 5-6. Ofc they could also find the real gomu and have usopp eat it.

Kinemon was Fuku fuku fruit (which apparently can also mean 2-9; one example of how hard this is for english speakers to follow) and his ability was so unimportant in general that oda was imo very much playing with this theory.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Sep 20, 2023

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Thanks, that's fascinating, and I always love Oda's faux "Oh that's interesting *runs away*" responses to stuff like that.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Always forget Kinemon even has a fruit

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

The theory I recall was that Vivi was going to get Kuma's fruit, which always tracked to me better than Franky getting it for some reason. With the way things are going, seems like she could still be the 'official' 10th crewmate, now that she's on the run.

Does Nami need Enel's fruit? She already has a cloud friend that can do the zappy zap.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

No Wave posted:

Its from this:

Gomu became Nika, which removed 5-6 and added 2-9. Goro is afaik the only other fruit we know of that satisfies 5-6. Ofc they could also find the real gomu and have usopp eat it.

Kinemon was Fuku fuku fruit (which apparently can also mean 2-9; one example of how hard this is for english speakers to follow) and his ability was so unimportant in general that oda was imo very much playing with this theory.

this is what I read too but the idea seemed to be that Gomo/Nika covered both, and there was some symmetry since 5 and 6 when flipped look like 2 and 9.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Turns out there are a lot of different ways to write numbers in Japanese

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

The most numbers anyone could possibly ever need is 10; 1 and 0

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Scholtz posted:

The most numbers anyone could possibly ever need is 10; 1 and 0

The most numbers anyone could possibly ever need is 6; 6 and upside down 6

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Turns out there are a lot of different ways to write numbers in Japanese

there's a lot of different ways to write everything in japanese

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
are you telling me that in a language there's multiple words for something, like several pluralities to say many things?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Underrated line from Mr. 2 Bon Clay: "One of these days I have GOT to stop jumping on every random duck I see!"

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
all language is just numbers if you understand set theory

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Cat Machine posted:

You thought it took too long for Luffy to get to the top of Dressrosa or the roof of Onigashima? Just wait until he has to get up to the moon to fight Blackbeard

luffy, zoro, sanji, elizabello II, 3 barrels of cola on the thousand sunny, on a knockup stream.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

But who's gonna aim them? Hitting the moon isn't an easy target!

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

ooh myyy GOD!!

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Scholtz posted:

But who's gonna aim them? Hitting the moon isn't an easy target!

Literally everyone else will combine their powers in 10 chapters of 9 two page spreads

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Literally everyone else will combine their powers in 10 chapters of 9 two page spreads

this would be so sick

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

drat...

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Oda would be ripping off the greatest movie of all time if he did that

Final Fantasy VII Advent Children

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Pirates Docking 10

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

in the enel goes to the moon cover arc it shows the weird little robot guys he runs into getting to the moon by just tying themselves to balloons. in this case the balloon can just be Luffy

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

scary ghost dog posted:

w3 und3|25t4nd j00

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

the bitcoin of weed posted:

in the enel goes to the moon cover arc it shows the weird little robot guys he runs into getting to the moon by just tying themselves to balloons. in this case the balloon can just be Luffy

They just need to get another octopus like they used for The Merry to get down from Skypiea, then have Franky/Sabo team up to heat the air so they can all go.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
gear 5 can probably go to the moon by ordering a rocket from acme

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

gear 5 can probably go to the moon by ordering a rocket from acme

god itd be unironically sick as hell if luffy was fightin some mook as gear 5 and he did a windup uppercut and the guy just got launched to the moon

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Fungah! posted:

god itd be unironically sick as hell if luffy was fightin some mook as gear 5 and he did a windup uppercut and the guy just got launched to the moon

Maybe he can do it to Wapol who is desperately pleading he shouldn't because he's rich.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Larryb posted:

I hope Carue’s ok, I don’t think we’ve seen him since the Reverie if I remember right

This but it's Carue and Wapol

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Jinbe is the least human member of the crew now, I'd eat him first :coolfish:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Tama will be the best Captain/Empress in a few years. Her people will never go hungry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Scholtz posted:

Jinbe is the least human member of the crew now, I'd eat him first :coolfish:

Probably more meat on him too