Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

The Jeb!pire Strikes Back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Alan Smithee posted:

Desantis doesn’t have bully energy like trump. He’s the bully’s sidekick who gets his rear end kicked by everyone down to the kid who ate his boogers for lunch once the bully got sent to juvie

Remember how Hillary's greatest weakness is that she can be visibly put off by campaigning?

Ya, that's Ron except multiple Hillary's dislike by about 20. This is the first campaign he's had to run where he isn't waltzing to victory and he HATES the whole process. Trump appears to like campaigning much more than he liked being President.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Speaking of the looming shutdown, there are some Republican House members who represent districts Biden won overall.

Wouldn't it make political sense for them to work with the Dems now and then (like to avert the shutdown)?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

kw0134 posted:

His support in media reflects his campaign, mostly fictitious and based on an illusion of strength that could never withstand any scrutiny.

same with RFK and that NOLABELS poo poo from a few months ago. some media horse race story maker tried to make a thing and it flopped after the 1st week.

tbh seems like a common thing this season, a ton of poo poo is getting announced too early. not sure if its a historical norm that hot primaries have a ton of peeps announcing their prez runs so early

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

redshirt posted:

Speaking of the looming shutdown, there are some Republican House members who represent districts Biden won overall.

Wouldn't it make political sense for them to work with the Dems now and then (like to avert the shutdown)?

compromise is for democrats and RINOS

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

redshirt posted:

This would get them excommunicated. I’m not using that term as a joke. Rs aren’t supposed to team up with Ds. They would get primary challenges which would probably narrowly win, then get crushed by a replacement level Dem.

E: this dynamic doesn’t really exist on the D side. Or at least it’s much less prominent.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

TulliusCicero posted:

Is Ronny this big of a conspiracy anti vaxx nut himself, or does he just think it's good for more of his base in Florida to truly Ghoulify?

Even Trump encouraged old Republicans to get it lmao

It’s a mix, I think he believes a lot of it at least cynically but apparently his wife is a big social conservative nutjob. Also dudes basically homelander level brain worms. https://twitter.com/justinahorwitz/status/1693631297237737964?s=46

Alan Smithee posted:

Desantis doesn’t have bully energy like trump. He’s the bully’s sidekick who gets his rear end kicked by everyone down to the kid who ate his boogers for lunch once the bully got sent to juvie

It’s the difference between Trump being the 80s dickhead bully who is popular and liked(at one point) and Ron as the school shooter type who is an edge lord who trips the special education kids and puts dead cats in girls lockers.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

PhazonLink posted:

tbh seems like a common thing this season, a ton of poo poo is getting announced too early. not sure if its a historical norm that hot primaries have a ton of peeps announcing their prez runs so early

It's all because of one man and his need for plebs to pay his legal fees for him/accuse prosecutors of election interference

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

redshirt posted:

Lol, no. They would get primaried to all hell, if not straight up tarred and feathered

slandergoose
Jun 24, 2023

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Speaking of Vivek, his wife went public that she disagrees with him and is glad she's been vaccinated.

That must be really awkward for Vivek

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I was exposed to covid last weekend (as far as I can tell, I'm asymotomatic). Buying a test at a national pharmacy cost me something like $24 per package. It's good that Biden is sending out free tests by mail again; I'm less upset with him than companies that are allowed to gouge for v these important tests.

My wife spent last week in Disney with three friends, and two of them tested positive for Covid immediately after they got back.

She and I have felt sick all week, but we've tested three times (also had to pay out of pocket for new tests) and have been negative each time. So here's hoping we're fine and didn't get some new strain the tests don't pick up or something.

But I didn't know they were going to start sending out new tests. That's great: https://www.covid.gov/tests

In a normal world Ron would be treated like the scumbag criminal failed governor he is. Just outright refusing to treat a public health crisis because smoothbrains have been poisoned by lies is inexcusable.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Aramis posted:

Lol, no. They would get primaried to all hell, if not straight up tarred and feathered

Lol what's gonna hurt Boebert with those 500 people she absolutely needs to vote for her more than smoking weed or getting to third base is going to be that she was doing it with a DEM!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Alan Smithee posted:

He's Biff's lackey wearing the 3D glasses

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Pook Good Mook posted:

Remember how Hillary's greatest weakness is that she can be visibly put off by campaigning?

Ya, that's Ron except multiple Hillary's dislike by about 20. This is the first campaign he's had to run where he isn't waltzing to victory and he HATES the whole process. Trump appears to like campaigning much more than he liked being President.

yeah, clinton was a weird nerd who wasnt good at the public facing part of the job. Desantis issue is partly that but also you can tell he just loving HATEs doing it and eveyrone is "beneath" him, i always picture that scene in the first matrix movie where smith becomes fully honest with morphius and just talks about how he loving HATES it here and he wants to be free and etc.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, clinton was a weird nerd who wasnt good at the public facing part of the job. Desantis issue is partly that but also you can tell he just loving HATEs doing it and eveyrone is "beneath" him, i always picture that scene in the first matrix movie where smith becomes fully honest with morphius and just talks about how he loving HATES it here and he wants to be free and etc.
Desantis is like the politician in the Dead Zone.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Nessus posted:

Desantis is like the politician in the Dead Zone.

The guy who really scared me was his bodyguard. No real power on his own but always there to help him do the worst decision possible

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1704858073846968809

seems mcarthy is bending the knee hard to chuds today.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

redshirt posted:

1-900-WET-DIAP

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

This is insanity.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Yeah, when my wife was coming down with something and I ran out to CVS, I was floored by the price of an individual box. I'm glad that we're getting some freebies. Speaking of, has that even been mentioned here in this thread explicitly yet? If not, just in case:

Free COVID tests by mail are back, starting Monday

According to a study from JAMA Internal Medicine, there is a data-based case to be made that there is a political relation to excess death rates from COVID.

You can also get some free ones from this program https://myportal.test2treat.org/

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

It's the smell.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

meatball's anti vaxx stance is pure theater for the hogs. he is fully vaccinated, his family is vaccinated, he made it so his pals and donors went to the front of the line when the vaccine first released and he kept the governor's mansion closed to visitors long after most everything else was open.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

big nipples big life posted:

meatball's anti vaxx stance is pure theater for the hogs. he is fully vaccinated, his family is vaccinated, he made it so his pals and donors went to the front of the line when the vaccine first released and he kept the governor's mansion closed to visitors long after most everything else was open.
The hogs want less vaccination now.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

redshirt posted:

In a non-hellworld, the smart move would be to cooperate, get somethey they want to make things a bit shittier and then move on. What would happen here is their bipartisanship would be used to attack them in primaries and the party machine would turn against them. Since the only thing more cowardly than a democrat is a republican, there's no chance of them ever risking getting drummed out of congress by doing that.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Nessus posted:

The hogs want less vaccination now.

yeah he's publicly against the vax but privately he's terrified of covid.

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008

There's the podcast "The Line" that is about this guy specifically that was recommended last time he came up. It was (especially the conclusion) one of the most chilling things I've listened to.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Trump is just nostalgic for the good old days when he saw gallagher perform some of his standup back when the world was good and Donny was living it up in atlantic city

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Random Stranger posted:

In a non-hellworld, the smart move would be to cooperate, get somethey they want to make things a bit shittier and then move on. What would happen here is their bipartisanship would be used to attack them in primaries and the party machine would turn against them. Since the only thing more cowardly than a democrat is a republican, there's no chance of them ever risking getting drummed out of congress by doing that.
This poo poo used to happen back when the primaries were less essential.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Random Stranger posted:

We need more Pork.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Yeah, now the GOP is increasingly controlled by people who grew up on a steady diet of the culture war red meat that was throw to them by politicians who were focused on just cynicially leveraging whatever they could in order to focus on tax cuts and other hand outs to their buddies. It's more and more true believers who have swallowed all the bullshit whole and have no idea how anything actually works.

I like to use the metaphor that this is what it would look like if pro wrestling was taken over by people who grew up watching without ever accepting that it wasn't 100% real. Just constantly hurting themselves and others, completely avoidably.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

lol this got a community note

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
the clinton comparison seems wrong because she's a woman.

oh and she also had a decades long hit job. and while she sucks at the social parts of the job, apparently she might be okay at the policy wonk stuff.

Ron on the other hand is pretty much a classic example of male privilege . a mediocre dude just coasts for his entire career into relative success, believes he's an alpha before crashing into a real challenge outside his inherited safespace.

also given the newcorp leadership change, and the above post about true believers taking over, there's a ton of examples of brain/skill drain as older skilled ghouls exit out of the mess they made

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

kazil posted:

lol this got a community note

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Oooo you're gonna be so sorry you ever messed with me! Oooo!!!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

lol house republicans

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

It is outrageous that my 3 pours of scotch cost $50!!!

Rynex
Sep 26, 2007

Barron is probably laughing his rear end off that his half-brother can't find "the hackers".

Tomfoolery
Oct 8, 2004

Is his account still hacked? I can't even tell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/JoJoFromJerz/status/1704873557887500459

Women for Trump! Fight to lose your rights now! Become a Handmaiden!