Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i've never had that but i've been curious since the last time it came up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

It's not bad, you're supposed to toast it and butter it

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Beeftweeter posted:

bread in a tube... what a time to be alive

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Beeftweeter posted:

yeah new jersey owns

:whitewater:

AlbertFlasher posted:

i've never been to new jersey but it's probably fine

its very much not

Beeftweeter posted:

(and speaking of nyc, it probably should belong to new jersey. it's closer to it than new york)

the only thing that should be ceded to new jersey is the hellhole of philadelphia

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
lol its better than ohio

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
|  Welcome to West Virginia  |
|    SOMEHOW ALSO BETTER THAN OHIO     |

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Beeftweeter posted:

lol its better than ohio

definitely! stay far away

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

we really did conquer bread

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

eschaton posted:

it’s quite easy for Canada to get rid of the monarchy, just pass a law saying that Canada is a fully independent constitutional republic that doesn’t have or recognize a monarchy

a whole bunch of other former colonies have already done exactly this and it’s gone just fine

we really should, gently caress the monarchy

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

canada really need it's own "american revolution" moment.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

akadajet posted:

canada really need it's own "american revolution" moment.

oh, so now you want the freedom convoy back? make up your mind

Eminent DNS
May 28, 2007

Beeftweeter posted:

manhattan and long island (not the region, the actual island that contains brooklyn, queens, and the bronx), which comprise most of the municipal boundaries of new york city, are closer to the state of new jersey than they are to the state of new york, both of which are separate states within the united states. they have been for quite some time, having both been one of its original thirteen colonies. the area i was referring to, new york, has been a state since 1788. you may be more familiar with it as the area commonly referred to by people from new york city or northern new jersey as "upstate new york"

the bronx is not on long island, it's on the mainland

this also means that the islands are closer to the new york portion of the mainland than the NJ portion, so even by your really strange metrics, it is approrpiate that new york city remains a part of new york state

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i’m bummed about matt christman. he’s a very entertaining and interesting guy, and this poo poo sucks.

eschaton posted:

it’s quite easy for Canada to get rid of the monarchy, just pass a law saying that Canada is a fully independent constitutional republic that doesn’t have or recognize a monarchy

a whole bunch of other former colonies have already done exactly this and it’s gone just fine

the difference is that the other colonies didn’t have a pierre trudeau coming in and writing down a bullshit constitution with an asinine amendment process. rip to canada’s most influential, and therefore worst, prime minister i guess

Eminent DNS
May 28, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

i really hope cushbomb doesn't die or end up losing his mental faculties. he is by far my favorite of the chapos and i and a lot of people really appreciate his rants and writing and such. :(

It sounds like an aneurysm to me, which...gently caress.

this is a bummer

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Christman, among other "leftists," was very quick to reinstate in-person events during the pandemic because his income depended on it.

I believe an actual leftist, Upton Sinclair, said a well-known thing about this phenomenon.

this is bizarre

you know podcats are like an online thing, right?

like, live shows exist, but are a very small portion of any income that someone on one of the most popular podcasts on patreon makes

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

you can kill the man but not the treat economy theory

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Much of the income podcasts like Stuff You Should Know make is from live events and Chapo is no different. They were doing live shows into April 2020 when it was already well known that large gatherings killed people. So gently caress ‘em.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Eminent DNS posted:

the bronx is not on long island, it's on the mainland

this also means that the islands are closer to the new york portion of the mainland than the NJ portion, so even by your really strange metrics, it is approrpiate that new york city remains a part of new york state

you're right about the bronx but don't actually take what i was saying there seriously, i was just furthering the gimmick

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
give suffolk county to connecticut

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Petanque posted:

give suffolk county to connecticut

just have new york or new jersey absorb connecticut or something, most of the people that live there commute to ny or nj for work anyway lol

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.
delaware either needs to annex maryland's eastern shore or be annexed already

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

delaware should be returned to philly

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

maine is closer to canada than it is to america

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

fart simpson posted:

give it back to massachusetts imo

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

fart simpson posted:

canada overlaps maine, to the south

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Much of the income podcasts like Stuff You Should Know make is from live events and Chapo is no different. They were doing live shows into April 2020 when it was already well known that large gatherings killed people. So gently caress ‘em.

go look at their patreon monthly income and tell me a diddly live show with 200 people there is going to make more than that after costs and fees lol

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
My understanding is that most podcast live shows are more "for the hosts" than a big money maker

not that anyone should be be in crowds rn lol

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Improbable Lobster posted:

My understanding is that most podcast live shows are more "for the hosts" than a big money maker

not that anyone should be be in crowds rn lol

when adam friedland was talking numbers i guess cum town was kind of a big deal

but i guess that's the exception? i just assume the big podcasts i follow make money and the small ones don't so much because :capitalism:

i mostly don't patreon stuff but would for a select few on and off

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

go look at their patreon monthly income and tell me a diddly live show with 200 people there is going to make more than that after costs and fees lol

a diddly live show with 200 people there is going to make more than that after costs and fees

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

they make 180k/mo on patreon, so no they don’t lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

they make 180k/mo on patreon, so no they don’t lol

that sounds like a lot but they have to split it 5 ways or whatever. after taxes that’s probably barely $300,000 take home per annum

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
they also didn't really gate any content behind the patreon - they're very aware of the pirate feed of their patreon episodes, and have stated that they don't give a poo poo if people just listen that way

fart simpson posted:

that sounds like a lot but they have to split it 5 ways or whatever. after taxes that’s probably barely $300,000 take home per annum

it's okay if people taht spend seven years creating content for people make a few bucks. Also keep in mind they all get to pay $1500/mo for private health insurance cause america.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Jonny 290 posted:

it's okay if people taht spend seven years creating content for people make a few bucks. Also keep in mind they all get to pay $1500/mo for private health insurance cause america.

as long as u feel that way

https://www.patreon.com/fart

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
oh. Sorry, i gave at the office

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

thanks anyway

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
i'll buy that bell from you though

huh huh

what about the beard how much for the beard?

Eminent DNS
May 28, 2007

Beeftweeter posted:

you're right about the bronx but don't actually take what i was saying there seriously, i was just furthering the gimmick

oh, my bad. carry on

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Pity reply

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

wtf

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

delaware should be returned to philly

the only thing I know about delaware is on one of the wayne’s world movies they end up there and go “ugh delaware” or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
rhode island is real rear end gangsters though

mobbed up af