Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Leraika posted:

I remember a review of the cowboy bebop movie (or maybe the series???) in F&SF and the author spent most of it talking about faye's tits

Reminds me of when the movie column on the front page did a review of Redline where they immediately just went "this is a movie about cars cars are often a metaphor for penises yet again more filth from the Japanese 0/10"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Goongratulations

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

verbal enema posted:

I never got vaxxed cuz,tbh I'm literally ludicrously drunk everyday and have been since the nite crew days

Also tbh I never thought itd kill me and then it didnt

VE I do legit worry about you.

People that can get vaccinated do so not just to protect themselves but, more importantly, the vulnerable people around them. I've been working in pharmacy for 7 years now, I can promise you its nothing bad to get a shot and costs nothing but a tiny amount of your time. Please take care of yourself.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yeah I hadn't gotten a booster in a hot minute and I kind of regret not doing so even as I still feel pretty bad from the one I got yesterday.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 8 days!)

What kind of lame Wing joint closes at 9pm on a sat night

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Furnaceface posted:

VE I do legit worry about you.

People that can get vaccinated do so not just to protect themselves but, more importantly, the vulnerable people around them. I've been working in pharmacy for 7 years now, I can promise you its nothing bad to get a shot and costs nothing but a tiny amount of your time. Please take care of yourself.

if not for u, do it for the people that love u

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
The Japanese government pays for every Covid shot and booster but they took forever to approve them due to stricter standards implemented after a bad batch of the MMR vaccine led to a lot of problems in the 80s. Plus the fact they prioritize the elderly which make up a LARGE chunk of the population means I won't get my booster for the latest strain until over a year after my last booster.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm grabbing mine in october when Canada gets the new moderna shipment in.

We're finally out of ragweed season so now I'm much more wary of people coughing.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i get my boosters at costco, so in addition to taking care of myself i have a pretense to buy a bunch of poo poo i don't need.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I got my third booster scheduled for Monday in prep for NY Comic Con. :getin:

On a completely different topic, I was perusing the Akross Con AMV competition that finished back in February (Akross is one of the more competitive international AMV competitions), and one of the finalists was quite literally a Bleach video using One Step Closer by Linkin Park in TYOL 2023. :allears: Time in truly a flat circle.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Favorite boosters are MTG

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

GateOfD posted:

Ice Age was really underrated.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

GateOfD posted:

I'm pretty sure she's unvaxxed and insane.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/UnseenJapanSite/status/1705298493479219373

lmao this sucks man

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
No sense in trying to cash out after he dies.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

the upside is that nippon tv is p good at archival so i guess there wont be lost media from ghibli

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

its not like it got bought out by Crunchyroll

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
once it became clear there was no heir to the founders, ghibli was always going to wind down as a production company. better to cash in and let someone interested in running it as a licensing company begin to do so before miyazaki passes

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

If only Miyazaki had a son or something.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

bet he's wishing the same thing

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

But yeah, I do kinda get it. They say he has ideas for his next movie, but he's an 82 year old man who smokes hard and works harder. He's not gonna make that movie.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Let him cook

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Waffleman_ posted:

goro's not the guy to lead the studio lol. he's made some nice flicks and he maybe could have been the guy if mentored appropriately but he is simply not. however,

littleorv posted:

Let him cook

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
The studio had basically been dead for a decade already, don't think there's much worse that could happen.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

In between needing a break from Monster, I watched My Happy Marriage and at first I thought it would be a Cinderella like story but I liked the execution of how it was a bit different. The beginning of episode 12, in terms of visuals, was wild and I read news that it was getting a second season but it seemed perfect as it was.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Tried calling 8 different people to just have someone to talk to. All busy, then one called me back just now but was only able to talk for about 5 minutes before he got called away to do something else.

Being alone on a Saturday night when I don't want to be alone sucks rear end.

short
Jul 12, 2022

verbal enema posted:

I never got vaxxed cuz,tbh I'm literally ludicrously drunk everyday and have been since the nite crew days

Also tbh I never thought itd kill me and then it didnt

Please look after yourself

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

i think miyazaki would sooner sell the studio to disney than let goro inherit it

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Endorph posted:

i think miyazaki would sooner sell the studio to disney than let goro inherit it

sell it to goro akechi

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

closing my eyes and imagining goro from mortal kombat inheriting ghibli. haha wow thats crazy

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
This but Shigeno Goro.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Femboys rule

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I think if you're never sober long enough to get vaccinations which are often scheduled same day you might need in-patient help

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

homeless snail posted:

I don't want to be on [page 36] anymore

congratulations

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

rest in peace stair and namtab and whoever else

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

El Burbo posted:

my hands are clean of this fyi

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

El Burbo posted:

I've learnt my lesson: never post

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Terper posted:

I've learnt my lesson: never post

in fail thread concepts

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

homeless snail posted:

closing my eyes and imagining goro from mortal kombat inheriting ghibli. haha wow thats crazy

He'd be a beast mode animator with four arms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
hey, uh, anyone here seen haikyu?

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1705910105336955145

i saw this and if this movie does indeed cover a dumpster battle (preferably playing an attempt at legit volleyball in a dirty back alley) and/or knives then i'm all in and i'll watch the entirety of the animated franchise.