Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Holy moly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
that owned haha

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

You can tell Brookes and Akai are friends because he's beating the utter poo poo out of her!

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I was at the DDT show! Very fun, y'all were right.

- Thank you for warning me about the Pheromones stuff, that was rough
- I did not expect Korakuen Hall to be the size of a small high school's gym. That said, it meant my seat was terrific. Pictures!

And approximately two seconds before disaster:

- My four favorites of the show: Yuni (lil' Jeff Hardy!), Kazuki Hirata (my poor boy), Maki Itoh (as advertised), and Saki Akai (moves like a baby deer, actually met her at the concession stand before the show)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

On the negative side, you had the misfortune to see Pheromones when in a couple of weeks they'll be no more and we'll all be safe at last.
On the positive side, you had the fortune to see (and meet!) Saki Akai when soon she'll be retired!

Also on the positive side, you got to go to a cool show! Glad you had fun :)

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/ScottEWrestling/status/1706504693776552366?s=20

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Huh, wonder what he's gonna do. I like his smile and I liked his match with Kento. Best of luck to him.

Does his departure raise or lower the average NOAH wrestler's age?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kenoh flipping tables, kicking over chairs, screaming his rage to the world.
Kiyomiya: Mad about Nakajima leaving, eh?
Kenoh: Nakajima's leaving!?!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Sucks for NOAH, hope he lands somewhere easy to watch. Third guy leaving this year after Okada and Yano and though he's older than th two of them he's still in his prime

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

What a mess of a promotion

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

And Yet Kiyomiya Stays.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

is it better to be the young ace of a promotion that constantly shits on you or simply a great young wrestler clawing through the shuffle without specifically being shat on

tbh I'd prefer the latter, but hey, I'm not Kaito

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

What a mess of a promotion

I mean God, I thought on this more. AXIZ got back together 4 months ago. Probably their best match this run was vs Soya & Kenoh in their return match, and the only other memorable matches back this run were the All Together Again match with Kojima & Hokuto Omori, and another Soya Kenoh match in June.

Just seems such a waste but that's the NOAH MO these days

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/noah_katsuhiko/status/1706586134611173563?t=TekeG8XyqINGvZsWYXa6rg&s=19

Also I want that sick NOAH pen because I'm a dumb mark

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

A Bad Translation of Nakajima's Tweet posted:

I'm sorry for surprising everyone with my sudden announcement. Nothing has been decided yet, but I hope you understand that I've decided on this turning point. The last two games I'm graduating, expressing my thoughts to NOAH, who has been indebted to me for a long time.

It's a lovely translation so I'm not sure if he's actually saying he's felt indebted to NOAH or if he thinks NOAH should feel indebted to him? Or if he's saying either thing at all?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

It's a lovely translation so I'm not sure if he's actually saying he's felt indebted to NOAH or if he thinks NOAH should feel indebted to him? Or if he's saying either thing at all?

I'd assume he's indebted to NOAH based on this

https://twitter.com/_MarkPickering/status/1706596740114382986?t=gFjVOhYFaGIDPENe9NF2Fg&s=19

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That makes more sense! Thanks :)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm sad my reckless kick boy is leaving

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

I'm sad my reckless kick boy is leaving

He'll show up in a less insanely booked promotion. I'm, predictably, hoping All Japan but I wouldn't be stunned if it was Nooj. Though if it's as a member of HoT I may have to set myself on fire in protest. (OK, not really, I'm not that dumb)

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Just a sixth guy.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Lamuella posted:

Just a sixth guy.

fifth

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I refuse to believe

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

forkboy84 posted:

He'll show up in a less insanely booked promotion. I'm, predictably, hoping All Japan but I wouldn't be stunned if it was Nooj. Though if it's as a member of HoT I may have to set myself on fire in protest. (OK, not really, I'm not that dumb)

Hmm, Kaito Ishida does All Japan dates...

What if TWO reckless kickboys?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Uemura is gonna be 5

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Gaz-L posted:

Uemura is gonna be 5

:pray:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/sg_oxxt/status/1706808681583788488?s=46

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Ugh

Although I guess a guy who has legitimately KO'd an opponent for no other reason than because he can (basically destroying Endo's push & his confidence lol) in the WWE would be very funny, even if it will be depriving me of one of my favourites

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

In more positive news, GLEAT are bringing in the Violence Queen

https://twitter.com/LIDET_ENT/status/1706626585506516999?t=JhbqANwg24t9l66Ujt2drw&s=19

Also Ryota Hama and Tomoaki Honma is a tag team I am dreading watching

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Vince: You need to change your name, we already have a Nakamura and it'll confuse methe audience.
Nakajima: But my name is Nakajima.
Vince: Exactly, can't have the same name. Anyway, I really hired you because Johnny Ace told me you know Okada?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Nakajima been wrestling as long if not longer than Dolph Ziggler but is in actuality like 8 years younger which is so wild.

forkboy84 posted:

Ugh

Although I guess a guy who has legitimately KO'd an opponent for no other reason than because he can (basically destroying Endo's push & his confidence lol) in the WWE would be very funny, even if it will be depriving me of one of my favourites

He should wrestle CM Punk imo

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/alljapan_pw/status/1706824234557960611?t=LJ8AslVgnqHjADR_wBNs3w&s=19

Fun tournament

God I'm loving stoked to see Koji Iwamoto back in All Japan. Whether it's full time or not, it's a real positive sign.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Sep 27, 2023

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Yeah well it's because Tajiri left AJPW methinks

HulkaMatt posted:

Nakajima been wrestling as long if not longer than Dolph Ziggler but is in actuality like 8 years younger which is so wild.

He should wrestle CM Punk imo
I need this now

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Lily Catts posted:

Yeah well it's because Tajiri left AJPW methinks

It's 100% because of this, yes. See also we had Yusuke Okada coming in for a one shot recently, another victim of Tajiri, who is now safely ensconced in Kyushu Pro, though we are grateful to him for Francesco Akira.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Do note that talent will say they want to work the US as cover for jumping to another promotion and do a couple of dates in the US before returning. See Taiji Ishimori

Though Nakajima being stiff in WWE would be amusing

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Memories of Low-Ki in gameshow NXT

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I mean, most people struggle with WWE's scripted promos.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Memories of Low-Ki in gameshow NXT

Low-Ki's another guy I'd like Nakajima to put in his place lol

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Cyberfight is shedding all of its wild hair guys. Iminari is out as well
https://twitter.com/ash_mann1021/status/1706839134822940951

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Imanari's still a GanPro wrestler, I think this was his video job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Lily Catts posted:

Imanari's still a GanPro wrestler, I think this was his video job

It's weird, he's clearly very good at it. Maybe they are finally streamlining the production of the Cyberfight companies? I can only guess.